I'm Attending the Draft in Vegas, is anyone else going?
-
America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes. We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.
The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.
NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.
I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully. Games on TV only ? Not fun.
Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months.
Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months.
Sorry to say, maybe years. Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.
We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.
-
-
America is changing in so many ways right before our eyes. We thought terrorism was the big thing but it looks like a microscopic virus is shutting down event after event even travel between continents and this is no weekend snow event it might last months or longer.
The wife just came back from the store and she said it was crazy, whole shelves empty and she left at 11 am today.
NBA looks like it's on hold, NCAA March Madness without fans, MLB to start in a few weeks and the Olympics in July.
I just hope all of this stuff is somewhat over before the NFL HOF game....... hopefully. Games on TV only ? Not fun.
Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months.
Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months.
Your daughter is young so no problem there. Plus Australia has a hot weather and that prevents a bit the spreading of the virus.
Mortality rate in people younger than 50 and without any previous condition is 0,2%
-
Yep, it's a genuinely scary thing and I worry we're just getting started. My daughter is a world away in Australia and that is my biggest fear - not knowing what will become of travel as the days turn into weeks and months.
Sorry to say, maybe years. Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.
We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.
Sorry to say, maybe years. Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.
We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
-
Sorry to say, maybe years. Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.
We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
This reminds me very much of growing up in the 1950s and the big bad wolf then was polio and all parents were worried that their kids were going to get it, sheer terror.......and then the vaccine was found...... followed by mass inoculations.
I still remember in elementary school kids lining up single file through the auditorium until every single kid got their shot NO EXCEPTIONS.
How soon are we to that who knows exactly. Might be this summer or fall ?
If/when that happens it will be government underwritten and mandatory NO EXCEPTIONS. Good.
..........oh until that happens *almost everything is on hold including *watching most all sports.
-
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
This reminds me very much of growing up in the 1950s and the big bad wolf then was polio and all parents were worried that their kids were going to get it, sheer terror.......and then the vaccine was found...... followed by mass inoculations.
I still remember in elementary school kids lining up single file through the auditorium until every single kid got their shot NO EXCEPTIONS.
How soon are we to that who knows exactly. Might be this summer or fall ?
If/when that happens it will be government underwritten and mandatory NO EXCEPTIONS. Good.
..........oh until that happens *almost everything is on hold including *watching most all sports.
This reminds me very much of growing up in the 1950s and the big bad wolf then was polio and all parents were worried that their kids were going to get it, sheer terror.......and then the vaccine was found...... followed by mass inoculations.
I still remember in elementary school kids lining up single file through the auditorium until every single kid got their shot NO EXCEPTIONS.
How soon are we to that who knows exactly. Might be this summer or fall ?
If/when that happens it will be government underwritten and mandatory NO EXCEPTIONS. Good.
..........oh until that happens everything is on hold including sports.
But NOT as I said elsewhere, the NFL free agency period. Offers/negotiations can be made over the phone, contracts can be sent and signed via email.
-
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
This reminds me very much of growing up in the 1950s and the big bad wolf then was polio and all parents were worried that their kids were going to get it, sheer terror.......and then the vaccine was found...... followed by mass inoculations.
I still remember in elementary school kids lining up single file through the auditorium until every single kid got their shot NO EXCEPTIONS.
How soon are we to that who knows exactly. Might be this summer or fall ?
If/when that happens it will be government underwritten and mandatory NO EXCEPTIONS. Good.
..........oh until that happens *almost everything is on hold including *watching most all sports.
This reminds me very much of growing up in the 1950s and the big bad wolf then was polio and all parents were worried that their kids were going to get it, sheer terror.......and then the vaccine was found...... followed by mass inoculations.
I still remember in elementary school kids lining up single file through the auditorium until every single kid got their shot NO EXCEPTIONS.
How soon are we to that who knows exactly. Might be this summer or fall ?
If/when that happens it will be government underwritten and mandatory NO EXCEPTIONS. Good.
..........oh until that happens *almost everything is on hold including *watching most all sports.
Johnson and Johnson plans clinical trials at the end of the year on a new vaccine.
-
Cleveland Clinic at the forefront as usual
-
-
-
While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old.
While I haven't bought a single extra roll of toilet paper - much less a mask, there is no way I would go to Sin City just to have a good time, much less be trapped in a large hall with 10,000 screaming and spitting neanderthals that haven't washed their hands since they were 10 years old.
That's if you're inside..
I think it was actually going to be held on the streets with like 100,00 screaming, spitting neanderthals, and a few Cro-Magnon thrown in for good measure!!
Try more like 600,000 total Gip that was the estimated number in Nashville....
-
Sorry to say, maybe years. Nothing is written we will find a vaccine for this.
We have never found a vaccine for the common cold, and it's been hounding people since the beginning of time.
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
It will depend on how readily the virus mutates Nero. Some- like polio, measles, and chickenpox- not at all. Influenza and cold viruses? Every year.
Too early to say about the corona. Though this one shares some genetic similarity with corona viruses found in creepy looking pangolins. Like rhinos, they're being hunted almost into extinction- because some Chinese think their scales have medicinal value.
-
Too early to say about the corona. Though this one shares some genetic similarity with corona viruses found in creepy looking pangolins. Like rhinos, they're being hunted almost into extinction- because some Chinese think their scales have medicinal value.
I have no clue what you are talking about and how it relates to this virus. I mean, this sounds on the order of the rumor that warlocks would consume the fat of unbaptized children to allow them to fly.
-
We will find a vaccine. There are some projects ongoing. Coronavirus family of virus has been around for 20 years, the only kick is that we need some time to create the proper antibodies to fight every new virus.
And common cold? Under that umbrella there are hundreds of viruses.
Therefore, I find it unlikely that we will have to endure this for some years.
It will depend on how readily the virus mutates Nero. Some- like polio, measles, and chickenpox- not at all. Influenza and cold viruses? Every year.
Too early to say about the corona. Though this one shares some genetic similarity with corona viruses found in creepy looking pangolins. Like rhinos, they're being hunted almost into extinction- because some Chinese think their scales have medicinal value.
It will depend on how readily the virus mutates Nero. Some- like polio, measles, and chickenpox- not at all. Influenza and cold viruses? Every year.
Too early to say about the corona. Though this one shares some genetic similarity with corona viruses found in creepy looking pangolins. Like rhinos, they're being hunted almost into extinction- because some Chinese think their scales have medicinal value.
Well, I guess we will find the COVID-19 vaccine, but later we will need COVID-21 etc. Also, we are going to develop antobodies through being in contact with it.
I have no clue what you are talking about and how it relates to this virus. I mean, this sounds on the order of the rumor that warlocks would consume the fat of unbaptized children to allow them to fly.
It means that the virus is a close relative to other viruses we are able to fight against. In fact, coronavirus is a group of virus we have known since early 2000 (SARS, for example).
The other fact is that the pangolin transports it and it is close to extintion, so maybe we don't have to endure it in future years.
-
It will depend on how readily the virus mutates Nero. Some- like polio, measles, and chickenpox- not at all. Influenza and cold viruses? Every year.
Too early to say about the corona. Though this one shares some genetic similarity with corona viruses found in creepy looking pangolins. Like rhinos, they're being hunted almost into extinction- because some Chinese think their scales have medicinal value.
Well, I guess we will find the COVID-19 vaccine, but later we will need COVID-21 etc. Also, we are going to develop antobodies through being in contact with it.
I have no clue what you are talking about and how it relates to this virus. I mean, this sounds on the order of the rumor that warlocks would consume the fat of unbaptized children to allow them to fly.
It means that the virus is a close relative to other viruses we are able to fight against. In fact, coronavirus is a group of virus we have known since early 2000 (SARS, for example).
The other fact is that the pangolin transports it and it is close to extintion, so maybe we don't have to endure it in future years.
Well, I guess we will find the COVID-19 vaccine, but later we will need COVID-21 etc. Also, we are going to develop antobodies through being in contact with it.
It means that the virus is a close relative to other viruses we are able to fight against. In fact, coronavirus is a group of virus we have known since early 2000 (SARS, for example).
The other fact is that the pangolin transports it and it is close to extintion, so maybe we don't have to endure it in future years.
OK, I just didn't get the Rhinocerous reference.
I understand that Spain is having a hard time with it.
-
Well, I guess we will find the COVID-19 vaccine, but later we will need COVID-21 etc. Also, we are going to develop antobodies through being in contact with it.
It means that the virus is a close relative to other viruses we are able to fight against. In fact, coronavirus is a group of virus we have known since early 2000 (SARS, for example).
The other fact is that the pangolin transports it and it is close to extintion, so maybe we don't have to endure it in future years.
OK, I just didn't get the Rhinocerous reference.
I understand that Spain is having a hard time with it.
OK, I just didn't get the Rhinocerous reference.
I understand that Spain is having a hard time with it.
Yes, Spain is having a hard time.
See you in a week. I bet it spreads even faster in the US, not that I wish so (stay safe, fellas) . I've always had the sense that Americans travel alot between states and today's active cases come from 1-2 weeks ago's contagion, so we will know the real magnitude of the disease in 1-2 weeks.
Once again, take care and be very cautious.
EDIT: 4th day I stay at home, only getting out once for errands.
-
OK, I just didn't get the Rhinocerous reference.
I understand that Spain is having a hard time with it.
Yes, Spain is having a hard time.
See you in a week. I bet it spreads even faster in the US, not that I wish so (stay safe, fellas) . I've always had the sense that Americans travel alot between states and today's active cases come from 1-2 weeks ago's contagion, so we will know the real magnitude of the disease in 1-2 weeks.
Once again, take care and be very cautious.
EDIT: 4th day I stay at home, only getting out once for errands.
Yes, Spain is having a hard time.
See you in a week. I bet it spreads even faster in the US, not that I wish so (stay safe, fellas) . I've always had the sense that Americans travel alot between states and today's active cases come from 1-2 weeks ago's contagion, so we will know the real magnitude of the disease in 1-2 weeks.
Once again, take care and be very cautious.
EDIT: 4th day I stay at home, only getting out once for errands.
Good luck brother Nero and one good thing to come of this is that the general public should be much better educated about all viruses starting with the common cold on up. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinovirus
My mother in law until she died at 95 last year believed like many others that colds were caused by the cold, wet hair, air conditioning and all of those old wives tales all completely false !
Finally maybe everybody will finally get it on viruses and and what they are and how they spread. One big culprit the manly hand shake - bad !
And my wife from 42 years in the hospital knows all to well about the Rhinovirus A, B, C -or- the common cold and it's relatives ! For your information:
The rhinovirus (from the Greek ῥίς rhis "nose", gen ῥινός rhinos "of the nose", and the Latin vīrus) is the most common viral infectious agent in humans and is the predominant cause of the common cold. Rhinovirus infection proliferates in temperatures of 33–35 °C (91–95 °F), the temperatures found in the nose. Rhinoviruses belong to the genus Enterovirus in the family Picornaviridae.
The three species of rhinovirus (A, B, and C) include around 160 recognized types of human rhinovirus that differ according to their surface proteins (serotypes).[1] They are lytic in nature and are among the smallest viruses, with diameters of about 30 nanometers. By comparison, other viruses, such as smallpox and vaccinia, are around ten times larger at about 300 nanometers; while flu viruses are around 80–120 nm.
The human Rhinovirus Strain 1A (which was at the time held responsible for at least 30 percent of the common cold infections) was first isolated in spring of 1954 but was not reported until 1957 (when he announced successful use of vaccine against it) by Dr. Winston Price at Johns Hopkins University........ continued........
And what does it look like? Oh no soccer causes the common cold !

(Isosurface of a human rhinovirus, showing protein spikes.)
-
-
Well, I guess we will find the COVID-19 vaccine, but later we will need COVID-21 etc. Also, we are going to develop antobodies through being in contact with it.
It means that the virus is a close relative to other viruses we are able to fight against. In fact, coronavirus is a group of virus we have known since early 2000 (SARS, for example).
The other fact is that the pangolin transports it and it is close to extintion, so maybe we don't have to endure it in future years.
OK, I just didn't get the Rhinocerous reference.
I understand that Spain is having a hard time with it.
OK, I just didn't get the Rhinocerous reference.
I understand that Spain is having a hard time with it.
Sorry if you didn't get that connection. Rhino horn or pangolin scales. Both bs medicine to some goofs. It's not uncommon for different species to harbor viruses or bacteria that are very similar or identical to those found in humans. Some indications that's where this pool of Corona viruses came from, like AIDS from the monkey species.
BTW, last year I found the answer to something puzzling I saw frequently on my bike rides. A rabbit jumping into a thicket of poison ivy. Turns out they're immune to the stuff. Just like birds having no problems with their guts being loaded with salmonella bacteria that get humans pretty sick.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
