Calfox's annual first pre-combine stupid mock draft
-
what it looks like to me so far.
1Josh Jones, OT,Houston
The Browns will trade down a bit, and pick up a second round pick, and a fifth, where they didn't have a fifth. Josh Jones is climbing the draft so high some have him picked at 10, but I think the Browns could trade down about 5 spots and still get their LT. He really answered questions in the Senior Bowl. I keep being locked in on Simmons, but I think he is gone before the Browns pick. I will say this: I confuses me as to whether or not I'd trade, if Wills, OT, were here. Wills is apparently often figured to be the #1 OT in the draft. I'm going to assume that Wills went in the top nine picks, probably to the Giants.
2Kyle Dugger,FS/SS/OLB
No Simmons, but Dugger is a terrific player in his own right. This kid is a ***football player***. Very, very smart football IQ, and a kickass tackler. About ten lbs lighter than Simmons, I'm great with this pick.
2Logan Wilson, LB, ?Wyoming
I don't see this Wilson falling out of the second round. He is getting a lot more attention, and should.
"Logan Wilson of Wyoming isn't going to be a household name during the pre-draft process, but he's been a consistent, high-level producer for the past three seasons and has NFL-caliber athletic gifts. He'll take center stage in this year's Arizona Bowl. "
3Marcus Norman OT, South florida
I still think this kid has to be a Cleveland Brown. He will anchor the RT position for years to come. He is that good, and a very high character and football IQ pick. He'll start at RT.
3 Logan Stenberg, G, Kentucky
The only trouble is, this kid may not last this long, He is getting very, very serious notice for his skills, feet, toughness, and football IQ.If he is even here, which I think he would be, he also will help make the Browns offensive line one of the best, at ROG. That would be rebuilding the Browns oline very nicely.
4 Adam Trautman,TE, Dayton
So, because it made me happy, I went and traded down, and have a fifth round pick..... Trautman will be, imho, the player we all hoped Njoku would be. He's big, terrific ball catcher, soft hands, and very physical. He'll adapt into a terrific blocker and the Steelers will hate the Browns for getting him earlier than they could.
5DaVon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.Big, powerful pass rusher/run stopper. Homer pick, true, but I really like it.
6Amik Robertson, DB, Louisiana Tech
ah, if only Amik will last this long. He's a terrific, albeit short, cb. 5'9" limits him, but as a slot receiver db, inside, he will be amazing.
7 I don't know. PIck a rb?
-
what it looks like to me so far.
1Josh Jones, OT,Houston
The Browns will trade down a bit, and pick up a second round pick, and a fifth, where they didn't have a fifth. Josh Jones is climbing the draft so high some have him picked at 10, but I think the Browns could trade down about 5 spots and still get their LT. He really answered questions in the Senior Bowl. I keep being locked in on Simmons, but I think he is gone before the Browns pick. I will say this: I confuses me as to whether or not I'd trade, if Wills, OT, were here. Wills is apparently often figured to be the #1 OT in the draft. I'm going to assume that Wills went in the top nine picks, probably to the Giants.
2Kyle Dugger,FS/SS/OLB
No Simmons, but Dugger is a terrific player in his own right. This kid is a ***football player***. Very, very smart football IQ, and a kickass tackler. About ten lbs lighter than Simmons, I'm great with this pick.
2Logan Wilson, LB, ?Wyoming
I don't see this Wilson falling out of the second round. He is getting a lot more attention, and should.
"Logan Wilson of Wyoming isn't going to be a household name during the pre-draft process, but he's been a consistent, high-level producer for the past three seasons and has NFL-caliber athletic gifts. He'll take center stage in this year's Arizona Bowl. "
3Marcus Norman OT, South florida
I still think this kid has to be a Cleveland Brown. He will anchor the RT position for years to come. He is that good, and a very high character and football IQ pick. He'll start at RT.
3 Logan Stenberg, G, Kentucky
The only trouble is, this kid may not last this long, He is getting very, very serious notice for his skills, feet, toughness, and football IQ.If he is even here, which I think he would be, he also will help make the Browns offensive line one of the best, at ROG. That would be rebuilding the Browns oline very nicely.
4 Adam Trautman,TE, Dayton
So, because it made me happy, I went and traded down, and have a fifth round pick..... Trautman will be, imho, the player we all hoped Njoku would be. He's big, terrific ball catcher, soft hands, and very physical. He'll adapt into a terrific blocker and the Steelers will hate the Browns for getting him earlier than they could.
5DaVon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.Big, powerful pass rusher/run stopper. Homer pick, true, but I really like it.
6Amik Robertson, DB, Louisiana Tech
ah, if only Amik will last this long. He's a terrific, albeit short, cb. 5'9" limits him, but as a slot receiver db, inside, he will be amazing.
7 I don't know. PIck a rb?
what it looks like to me so far.
1Josh Jones, OT,Houston
The Browns will trade down a bit, and pick up a second round pick, and a fifth, where they didn't have a fifth. Josh Jones is climbing the draft so high some have him picked at 10, but I think the Browns could trade down about 5 spots and still get their LT. He really answered questions in the Senior Bowl.
2Kyle Dugger,FS/SS/OLB
2Logan Wilson, LB, ?Wyoming
"Logan Wilson of Wyoming isn't going to be a household name during the pre-draft process, but he's been a consistent, high-level producer for the past three seasons and has NFL-caliber athletic gifts. He'll take center stage in this year's Arizona Bowl. "
3Marcus Norman OT, South florida
3 Logan Stenberg, G, Kentucky
4 Adam Trautman,TE, Dayton
5DaVon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.6Amik Robertson, DB, Louisiana Tech
Thanks for doing your research and putting that together Cal! Looks like a nice blend of needs. I don't really want us to trade out of that 10th pick though.
-
what it looks like to me so far.
1Josh Jones, OT,Houston
The Browns will trade down a bit, and pick up a second round pick, and a fifth, where they didn't have a fifth. Josh Jones is climbing the draft so high some have him picked at 10, but I think the Browns could trade down about 5 spots and still get their LT. He really answered questions in the Senior Bowl. I keep being locked in on Simmons, but I think he is gone before the Browns pick. I will say this: I confuses me as to whether or not I'd trade, if Wills, OT, were here. Wills is apparently often figured to be the #1 OT in the draft. I'm going to assume that Wills went in the top nine picks, probably to the Giants.
2Kyle Dugger,FS/SS/OLB
No Simmons, but Dugger is a terrific player in his own right. This kid is a ***football player***. Very, very smart football IQ, and a kickass tackler. About ten lbs lighter than Simmons, I'm great with this pick.
2Logan Wilson, LB, ?Wyoming
I don't see this Wilson falling out of the second round. He is getting a lot more attention, and should.
"Logan Wilson of Wyoming isn't going to be a household name during the pre-draft process, but he's been a consistent, high-level producer for the past three seasons and has NFL-caliber athletic gifts. He'll take center stage in this year's Arizona Bowl. "
3Marcus Norman OT, South florida
I still think this kid has to be a Cleveland Brown. He will anchor the RT position for years to come. He is that good, and a very high character and football IQ pick. He'll start at RT.
3 Logan Stenberg, G, Kentucky
The only trouble is, this kid may not last this long, He is getting very, very serious notice for his skills, feet, toughness, and football IQ.If he is even here, which I think he would be, he also will help make the Browns offensive line one of the best, at ROG. That would be rebuilding the Browns oline very nicely.
4 Adam Trautman,TE, Dayton
So, because it made me happy, I went and traded down, and have a fifth round pick..... Trautman will be, imho, the player we all hoped Njoku would be. He's big, terrific ball catcher, soft hands, and very physical. He'll adapt into a terrific blocker and the Steelers will hate the Browns for getting him earlier than they could.
5DaVon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.20.Big, powerful pass rusher/run stopper. Homer pick, true, but I really like it.
6Amik Robertson, DB, Louisiana Tech
ah, if only Amik will last this long. He's a terrific, albeit short, cb. 5'9" limits him, but as a slot receiver db, inside, he will be amazing.
7 I don't know. PIck a rb?
what it looks like to me so far.
1Josh Jones, OT,Houston
The Browns will trade down a bit, and pick up a second round pick, and a fifth, where they didn't have a fifth. Josh Jones is climbing the draft so high some have him picked at 10, but I think the Browns could trade down about 5 spots and still get their LT. He really answered questions in the Senior Bowl. I keep being locked in on Simmons, but I think he is gone before the Browns pick. I will say this: I confuses me as to whether or not I'd trade, if Wills, OT, were here. Wills is apparently often figured to be the #1 OT in the draft. I'm going to assume that Wills went in the top nine picks, probably to the Giants.
If Georgia's Thomas is still there @ #10 I think we pick him. But if they are just as high on Jones, a trade down at this point seems reasonable. However, the combine will sort a lot of this out. Right now Jones looks to be around #18-26. That can change with the combine.
EDIT: All things being equal I take the SEC OT before the American Conf. OT 7 days a week. Level of players across the LOS is far different and much closer to NFL DLs.
-
Thanks ! Last night, my Wife walked in to the computer room and asked what the heck was I doing so long on the computer.
well, she was watching this romantic movie ..... and I explained I was working on my mock draft. I'm really glad I can make her laugh - it made her day. She laughed, shook her head at me, patted me on the shoulder, and went back to her movie. lol
Wills and Thomas, one or the other, are often said to be the best OT at this point.
https://nflmocks.com/2020/01/08/2020-nfl-draft-jedrick-wills-scouting/
" Wills is a potential top-five selection who could easily end up being OT1 in the 2020 NFL Draft before it is all said and done. "
https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/nfl-draft-profile-georgia-t-andrew-thomas
"Overview
Compared to the other top offensive tackles in this class, Andrew Thomas has the most experience at left tackle. Thomas started the past two seasons on the left side for Georgia after earning All-Freshman honors at right tackle in 2016. He became the first Bulldog to win the Jacobs Blocking Trophy in 21 years in 2019, which is awarded to the top lineman in the SEC. ""Thomas has all the makings of a top-10 pick, but he's going to be competing," Brugler said. "Is he going to be the first tackle drafted or maybe the third tackle drafted?" "
********************************************
I do believe the Browns would stay put and take Thomas, a terrific tackle with all that LT and RT experience. I came to figure, as I started getting done with the first pick...that both would go in the top nine picks. The Jags (PICK 9), Cards (8), Chargers (7) (they will surely go qb with their pick this high), the Dolphins (6) actually need a OT over QB, probably will go qb?), the Giants (5) WILL draft an OT, there is serious OT demand.
I figure the Jags will take Simmons, though, and Miami will take a qb because they have two more first round picks later in the twenties. I think the chances are that both Thomas and Wills are taken by the time the Browns pick.
It's complicated. LOL
-
Nothing is screaming out as worthy of #10 pick. Maybe the Top Tackle (likely gone), or Okudah definitely gone.
I think there will be a QB starving team (hopefully) that doesn't get the FA guy they need or takes a older FA and wants to pair them with a guy like Herbert, Tua or Love and offers the Browns something for the #10 pick which will put them ahead of 12-17 which is a range of teams that are looking or potentially looking for a QB. I think we are in a great spot if a QB drops. I generally hate the trade down approach.
I hope the approach is Picks for Players or Picks for 21/22 picks.
I haven't studied this draft like others but it doesn't seem top heavy and there seems to be some good mid round talent. If we take 5-6 guys this class (why not target those picks from rounds 2-5).
-
Nothing is screaming out as worthy of #10 pick. Maybe the Top Tackle (likely gone), or Okudah definitely gone.
I think there will be a QB starving team (hopefully) that doesn't get the FA guy they need or takes a older FA and wants to pair them with a guy like Herbert, Tua or Love and offers the Browns something for the #10 pick which will put them ahead of 12-17 which is a range of teams that are looking or potentially looking for a QB. I think we are in a great spot if a QB drops. I generally hate the trade down approach.
I hope the approach is Picks for Players or Picks for 21/22 picks.
I haven't studied this draft like others but it doesn't seem top heavy and there seems to be some good mid round talent. If we take 5-6 guys this class (why not target those picks from rounds 2-5).
I haven't studied this draft like others but it doesn't seem top heavy and there seems to be some good mid round talent. If we take 5-6 guys this class (why not target those picks from rounds 2-5).
Good move Saving your early Studies
... What this draft really needs, is a combine to stop seeing guys like Quin Cephus going 6th round from draftek, when CBS has Cephus going borderline 2nd/3rd round..I rarely agree with CBS, but agree with them on Cephus.. Your also correct on where to look..Am mostly seeing boards that are loaded with 2nd and 3rd round good talent that can be had.. We have no 5th but we have two 3rd round picks..
We could sell the tender on Hunt for another 2nd or 3rd? And the 4th, 6th & two 7th rounders may give us some ammo to get back up into the 3rd or 4th, with maybe a traded player attached as well?
I'd feel pretty good with 5-6 draftees coming from anywhere mid 4th round and higher..
If we get anything from this draft? Were going to learn a lot from this rookie 32 year old GM come pick 10.. Lineman for the County? Trade? or BPA at any position? ?
-
I haven't studied this draft like others but it doesn't seem top heavy and there seems to be some good mid round talent. If we take 5-6 guys this class (why not target those picks from rounds 2-5).
Good move Saving your early Studies
... What this draft really needs, is a combine to stop seeing guys like Quin Cephus going 6th round from draftek, when CBS has Cephus going borderline 2nd/3rd round..I rarely agree with CBS, but agree with them on Cephus.. Your also correct on where to look..Am mostly seeing boards that are loaded with 2nd and 3rd round good talent that can be had.. We have no 5th but we have two 3rd round picks..
We could sell the tender on Hunt for another 2nd or 3rd? And the 4th, 6th & two 7th rounders may give us some ammo to get back up into the 3rd or 4th, with maybe a traded player attached as well?
I'd feel pretty good with 5-6 draftees coming from anywhere mid 4th round and higher..
If we get anything from this draft? Were going to learn a lot from this rookie 32 year old GM come pick 10.. Lineman for the County? Trade? or BPA at any position? ?
Good move Saving your early Studies
... What this draft really needs, is a combine to stop seeing guys like Quin Cephus going 6th round from draftek, when CBS has Cephus going borderline 2nd/3rd round..I rarely agree with CBS, but agree with them on Cephus.. Your also correct on where to look..Am mostly seeing boards that are loaded with 2nd and 3rd round good talent that can be had.. We have no 5th but we have two 3rd round picks..
We could sell the tender on Hunt for another 2nd or 3rd? And the 4th, 6th & two 7th rounders may give us some ammo to get back up into the 3rd or 4th, with maybe a traded player attached as well?
I'd feel pretty good with 5-6 draftees coming from anywhere mid 4th round and higher..
If we get anything from this draft? Were going to learn a lot from this rookie 32 year old GM come pick 10.. Lineman for the County? Trade? or BPA at any position? ?
Cephus has a character question it was pointed out last month when I brought him up as a sleeper. He’s a stud though. And he’s a definite 2nd round talent... Runs Pro routes makes tough catches in traffic. I like him a lot.
I’ve brought up Austin Mack too because I think he’s guy that matured a lot at OSU this last year. Big bodied runs great routes has decent speed for his size.
I see a lot of of the same type of player after the very top of the draft...guys with talent but question marks...Simmons Clemson...is he holding up against run is he an elite pass rusher or do teams drop him more in coverage and then is just another guy with his coverage skill when he matches up with elite NFL TEs. I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet...he’s a former wrestler though and those guys have elite balance and a great sense of leverage...translation he will be fine in the run game and thus kicked inside at Guard. I wouldn’t take a guard at 10.i trade out. That would be my call in Feb.
-
what it looks like to me so far.
1Josh Jones, OT,Houston
The Browns will trade down a bit, and pick up a second round pick, and a fifth, where they didn't have a fifth. Josh Jones is climbing the draft so high some have him picked at 10, but I think the Browns could trade down about 5 spots and still get their LT. He really answered questions in the Senior Bowl. I keep being locked in on Simmons, but I think he is gone before the Browns pick. I will say this: I confuses me as to whether or not I'd trade, if Wills, OT, were here. Wills is apparently often figured to be the #1 OT in the draft. I'm going to assume that Wills went in the top nine picks, probably to the Giants.
If Georgia's Thomas is still there @ #10 I think we pick him. But if they are just as high on Jones, a trade down at this point seems reasonable. However, the combine will sort a lot of this out. Right now Jones looks to be around #18-26. That can change with the combine.
EDIT: All things being equal I take the SEC OT before the American Conf. OT 7 days a week. Level of players across the LOS is far different and much closer to NFL DLs.
If Georgia's Thomas is still there @ #10 I think we pick him. But if they are just as high on Jones, a trade down at this point seems reasonable. However, the combine will sort a lot of this out. Right now Jones looks to be around #18-26. That can change with the combine.
EDIT: All things being equal I take the SEC OT before the American Conf. OT 7 days a week. Level of players across the LOS is far different and much closer to NFL DLs.
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
-
If Georgia's Thomas is still there @ #10 I think we pick him. But if they are just as high on Jones, a trade down at this point seems reasonable. However, the combine will sort a lot of this out. Right now Jones looks to be around #18-26. That can change with the combine.
EDIT: All things being equal I take the SEC OT before the American Conf. OT 7 days a week. Level of players across the LOS is far different and much closer to NFL DLs.
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
And I'm at the point that if we think Thomas is gone by 10, we seriously consider a trade up in front of the team that seems to have him targeted. Either that or Baker has another 2019 season. He needs another 1 to 2 seconds of time back there and some serious PA threat.
-
Good move Saving your early Studies
... What this draft really needs, is a combine to stop seeing guys like Quin Cephus going 6th round from draftek, when CBS has Cephus going borderline 2nd/3rd round..I rarely agree with CBS, but agree with them on Cephus.. Your also correct on where to look..Am mostly seeing boards that are loaded with 2nd and 3rd round good talent that can be had.. We have no 5th but we have two 3rd round picks..
We could sell the tender on Hunt for another 2nd or 3rd? And the 4th, 6th & two 7th rounders may give us some ammo to get back up into the 3rd or 4th, with maybe a traded player attached as well?
I'd feel pretty good with 5-6 draftees coming from anywhere mid 4th round and higher..
If we get anything from this draft? Were going to learn a lot from this rookie 32 year old GM come pick 10.. Lineman for the County? Trade? or BPA at any position? ?
Cephus has a character question it was pointed out last month when I brought him up as a sleeper. He’s a stud though. And he’s a definite 2nd round talent... Runs Pro routes makes tough catches in traffic. I like him a lot.
I’ve brought up Austin Mack too because I think he’s guy that matured a lot at OSU this last year. Big bodied runs great routes has decent speed for his size.
I see a lot of of the same type of player after the very top of the draft...guys with talent but question marks...Simmons Clemson...is he holding up against run is he an elite pass rusher or do teams drop him more in coverage and then is just another guy with his coverage skill when he matches up with elite NFL TEs. I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet...he’s a former wrestler though and those guys have elite balance and a great sense of leverage...translation he will be fine in the run game and thus kicked inside at Guard. I wouldn’t take a guard at 10.i trade out. That would be my call in Feb.
I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet.
-
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
And I'm at the point that if we think Thomas is gone by 10, we seriously consider a trade up in front of the team that seems to have him targeted. Either that or Baker has another 2019 season. He needs another 1 to 2 seconds of time back there and some serious PA threat.
And I'm at the point that if we think Thomas is gone by 10, we seriously consider a trade up in front of the team that seems to have him targeted. Either that or Baker has another 2019 season. He needs another 1 to 2 seconds of time back there and some serious PA threat.
There is only one guy in this entire draft worthy of a trade up from our perspective And most teams perspective: Chase Young.
-
I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet.
-
btw... Amik Robertson is a serious prospect in the late rounds.
"Amik Robertson is a premier ball hawk who will consistently flip the field for an NFL defense and deserves to be recognized as legit prospect in this draft class. "
"That’s not to say Robertson isn’t a good player, though. The 5-9, 183-pound cornerback totaled 184 tackles (including 23 tackles for losses), four sacks and 14 interceptions during his three years with the Bulldogs. Robertson also forced two fumbles, recovered two fumbles and scored three touchdowns on interception returns. He’s a play-making defensive back. "
I just found this just now:
mock draft has the broncs taking Amik in the fourth round.
dammit, dammit dammit LOL
-
-
I just get that sick feeling Berry is going to draft shitass SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!
I just get that sick feeling Berry is going to draft shitass SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
-
I just get that sick feeling Berry is going to draft shitass SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
I dunno ask him.. He's shopping for the groceries...
-
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
I dunno ask him.. He's shopping for the groceries...
-
You are the one that brought it up....so I figured you knew your way around the matter since you griped about it.
Well I guess you missed the part where I said " SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!" means I don't KNOW!
-
You are the one that brought it up....so I figured you knew your way around the matter since you griped about it.
Well I guess you missed the part where I said " SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!" means I don't KNOW!
-
Well then, find out and report back to us so that we won't be surprised.
Thats not my job
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
