Calfox's annual first pre-combine stupid mock draft
-
If Georgia's Thomas is still there @ #10 I think we pick him. But if they are just as high on Jones, a trade down at this point seems reasonable. However, the combine will sort a lot of this out. Right now Jones looks to be around #18-26. That can change with the combine.
EDIT: All things being equal I take the SEC OT before the American Conf. OT 7 days a week. Level of players across the LOS is far different and much closer to NFL DLs.
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
And I'm at the point that if we think Thomas is gone by 10, we seriously consider a trade up in front of the team that seems to have him targeted. Either that or Baker has another 2019 season. He needs another 1 to 2 seconds of time back there and some serious PA threat.
-
Good move Saving your early Studies
... What this draft really needs, is a combine to stop seeing guys like Quin Cephus going 6th round from draftek, when CBS has Cephus going borderline 2nd/3rd round..I rarely agree with CBS, but agree with them on Cephus.. Your also correct on where to look..Am mostly seeing boards that are loaded with 2nd and 3rd round good talent that can be had.. We have no 5th but we have two 3rd round picks..
We could sell the tender on Hunt for another 2nd or 3rd? And the 4th, 6th & two 7th rounders may give us some ammo to get back up into the 3rd or 4th, with maybe a traded player attached as well?
I'd feel pretty good with 5-6 draftees coming from anywhere mid 4th round and higher..
If we get anything from this draft? Were going to learn a lot from this rookie 32 year old GM come pick 10.. Lineman for the County? Trade? or BPA at any position? ?
Cephus has a character question it was pointed out last month when I brought him up as a sleeper. He’s a stud though. And he’s a definite 2nd round talent... Runs Pro routes makes tough catches in traffic. I like him a lot.
I’ve brought up Austin Mack too because I think he’s guy that matured a lot at OSU this last year. Big bodied runs great routes has decent speed for his size.
I see a lot of of the same type of player after the very top of the draft...guys with talent but question marks...Simmons Clemson...is he holding up against run is he an elite pass rusher or do teams drop him more in coverage and then is just another guy with his coverage skill when he matches up with elite NFL TEs. I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet...he’s a former wrestler though and those guys have elite balance and a great sense of leverage...translation he will be fine in the run game and thus kicked inside at Guard. I wouldn’t take a guard at 10.i trade out. That would be my call in Feb.
I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet.
-
I totally agree, at 10 it’s Thomas or trade out .
And I'm at the point that if we think Thomas is gone by 10, we seriously consider a trade up in front of the team that seems to have him targeted. Either that or Baker has another 2019 season. He needs another 1 to 2 seconds of time back there and some serious PA threat.
And I'm at the point that if we think Thomas is gone by 10, we seriously consider a trade up in front of the team that seems to have him targeted. Either that or Baker has another 2019 season. He needs another 1 to 2 seconds of time back there and some serious PA threat.
There is only one guy in this entire draft worthy of a trade up from our perspective And most teams perspective: Chase Young.
-
I liked Wirfs from Iowa a lot until some guys in here brought up bad technique on film and slower feet.
-
btw... Amik Robertson is a serious prospect in the late rounds.
"Amik Robertson is a premier ball hawk who will consistently flip the field for an NFL defense and deserves to be recognized as legit prospect in this draft class. "
"That’s not to say Robertson isn’t a good player, though. The 5-9, 183-pound cornerback totaled 184 tackles (including 23 tackles for losses), four sacks and 14 interceptions during his three years with the Bulldogs. Robertson also forced two fumbles, recovered two fumbles and scored three touchdowns on interception returns. He’s a play-making defensive back. "
I just found this just now:
mock draft has the broncs taking Amik in the fourth round.
dammit, dammit dammit LOL
-
-
I just get that sick feeling Berry is going to draft shitass SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!
I just get that sick feeling Berry is going to draft shitass SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
-
I just get that sick feeling Berry is going to draft shitass SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
I dunno ask him.. He's shopping for the groceries...
-
And who might some of them be?
When I googled the 2020 draftable players with the best SPARQ scores, I found this site...which seems to have the usual suspects as top prospects:
I dunno ask him.. He's shopping for the groceries...
-
You are the one that brought it up....so I figured you knew your way around the matter since you griped about it.
Well I guess you missed the part where I said " SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!" means I don't KNOW!
-
You are the one that brought it up....so I figured you knew your way around the matter since you griped about it.
Well I guess you missed the part where I said " SPARQ players no ones heard of that completely SUCK!" means I don't KNOW!
-
Well then, find out and report back to us so that we won't be surprised.
Thats not my job
-
Well then, find out and report back to us so that we won't be surprised.
Thats not my job
-
Sure it is. You brought the subject up. That puts you in charge! Isn't that the military way of doing things?
Go have a Manhattan and chill dude..
-
Sure it is. You brought the subject up. That puts you in charge! Isn't that the military way of doing things?
Go have a Manhattan and chill dude..
-
Wonder how the mock might be affected should the Niners let Arik Armstead go...
-
Nice write up on my second round choice, Kyle Dugger. ha !
-
Nice write up on my second round choice, Kyle Dugger. ha !
Nice write up on my second round choice, Kyle Dugger. ha !
So? You Dig Dugger? OK

-
-
another thing this may be a stretch but what if a qb needy team go's the fa route instead of the draft it would push quality players down to us
Well actually the more QBs that are selected 1-9 would push quality non QBs to us.
But I think a guy like Tua or Herbert slides in that 10 spot - we are Money. There are a glut of teams just behind us with potential QB needs anyone could trade up and we really don’t fall that far.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
