Skip to content

Oscars 2020

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
13 5 332
  • @axe said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/oscars-lose-6-million-viewers-185605476.html

    I can't imagine why ?

    Well, I imagine that whatever it is you think was the problem was not the problem.   

    It seems more to me that the viewing public, especially that 18-49 demographic  was just not interested in the movies that were up:

    A WWII movie...

    Basically a Soap Opera in Marriage Story  (barf?)

    A movie in Korean ???  Who really cares?

    A movie about a  completely crazy person  in Joker  (well...that one might have appeal)

    A period piece from the late 60s.  to which they could not properly relate to, which I understand. (but I could...so I thought it was great)

    A movie about women in the 1800s..... a worn out tale

    Another period piece about an automotive rivalry....probably did not resonate with younger people unless you are a motorhead

    Another period piece about  the mafia/labor union dispute.

    And Jojo Rabbit....which is what?  A comedy about Nazis?   (have not seen it)

  • @axe said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/oscars-lose-6-million-viewers-185605476.html

    I can't imagine why ?

    Well, I imagine that whatever it is you think was the problem was not the problem.   

    It seems more to me that the viewing public, especially that 18-49 demographic  was just not interested in the movies that were up:

    A WWII movie...

    Basically a Soap Opera in Marriage Story  (barf?)

    A movie in Korean ???  Who really cares?

    A movie about a  completely crazy person  in Joker  (well...that one might have appeal)

    A period piece from the late 60s.  to which they could not properly relate to, which I understand. (but I could...so I thought it was great)

    A movie about women in the 1800s..... a worn out tale

    Another period piece about an automotive rivalry....probably did not resonate with younger people unless you are a motorhead

    Another period piece about  the mafia/labor union dispute.

    And Jojo Rabbit....which is what?  A comedy about Nazis?   (have not seen it)

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I imagine that whatever it is you think was the problem was not the problem.   

    Who said there was a problem Nipper?

  • AxeA Axe

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I imagine that whatever it is you think was the problem was not the problem.   

    Who said there was a problem Nipper?

    @axe said:

    Who said there was a problem Nipper?

    The article that you linked.

  • @axe said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/oscars-lose-6-million-viewers-185605476.html

    I can't imagine why ?

    Well, I imagine that whatever it is you think was the problem was not the problem.   

    It seems more to me that the viewing public, especially that 18-49 demographic  was just not interested in the movies that were up:

    A WWII movie...

    Basically a Soap Opera in Marriage Story  (barf?)

    A movie in Korean ???  Who really cares?

    A movie about a  completely crazy person  in Joker  (well...that one might have appeal)

    A period piece from the late 60s.  to which they could not properly relate to, which I understand. (but I could...so I thought it was great)

    A movie about women in the 1800s..... a worn out tale

    Another period piece about an automotive rivalry....probably did not resonate with younger people unless you are a motorhead

    Another period piece about  the mafia/labor union dispute.

    And Jojo Rabbit....which is what?  A comedy about Nazis?   (have not seen it)

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I imagine that whatever it is you think was the problem was not the problem.   

    It seems more to me that the viewing public, especially that 18-49 demographic  was just not interested in the movies that were up:

    A WWII movie...

    Basically a Soap Opera in Marriage Story  (barf?)

    A movie in Korean ???  Who really cares?

    A movie about a  completely crazy person  in Joker  (well...that one might have appeal)

    A period piece from the late 60s.  to which they could not properly relate to, which I understand. (but I could...so I thought it was great)

    A movie about women in the 1800s..... a worn out tale

    Another period piece about an automotive rivalry....probably did not resonate with younger people unless you are a motorhead

    Another period piece about  the mafia/labor union dispute.

    And Jojo Rabbit....which is what?  A comedy about Nazis?   (have not seen it)

    Now do the Grammy awards, Tony awards, or any other award show on TV.

    They're all in the tanking in the ratings.

  • @axe said:

    Who said there was a problem Nipper?

    The article that you linked.

    @the-gipper said:

    The article that you linked.

    But I didn't. I don't think it's a problem, I think it's hilarious and I hope the trend continues.

  • AxeA Axe

    @the-gipper said:

    The article that you linked.

    But I didn't. I don't think it's a problem, I think it's hilarious and I hope the trend continues.

    @axe said:

    But I didn't. I don't think it's a problem, I think it's hilarious and I hope the trend continues.

    As Canton Dawg said, all these awards shows are "tanking" in the ratings.   But while neither you, nor I, believe it is a problem, that link you made did seem to believe that it was.  

  • Frankly, I think it's a problem. I used to really look forward to the Oscars. It would be a great honor to have your peers give you an award, respecting the work that you've done. The only best picture nomination I skipped was that stupid Korean movie because I can't read the subtitles and they can fuck themselves. There's already an international category for them. Every one of the other works is a quality film. But I would hesitate to bitch about them if you haven't seen them.

    WSS