Skip to content

Myles Garrett Reinstated

Locked The Browns Board
194 32 6.8k 1
  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @nickers said:

    I guess this is when they'll release him .. We'll see...

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/roger-goodell-to-meet-with-myles-garrett-within-the-next-60-days-about-reinstatement-from-indefinite-ban.html?utm_campaign=clevelanddotcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1WlWETMAsFZfEmnYfL60gg3GJGNLgkriUjJPA0LWhqt6JZF_YjKint2W4

    It said "in the next 60 days", so it could be sooner than 60.  As others have said- instead of claiming Rudolph used a racial slur, Garrett should have told the arbitrator- Mason tried to pull my helmet off first- which he did. Oh well, what's done is done. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #3

    He should just tell Roger:

    Mason was aggressively trying to rip off my helmet and it sounded like he was saying inappropriate things, which triggered me to rip off his helmet in response. At that time I was done, allowing myself to be restrained by the linemen until Mason charged at me swinging. I honestly panicked and hit him with my free hand which had the helmet in it. I should never have taken the helmet in the first place. It got out of hand and I promise that it will never happen again. I'm embarrassed and remorseful beyond words. I was having a solid season and missed the chance at not only the Pro-Bowl but also the honor of defensive player of the year. My actions probably cost the Browns a shot at the playoffs... but beyond that I fear that I may in one thoughtless act I tarnished not only my name and career but also my team and my city. It will never happen again. If you give me the opportunity to prove that I'm not that type of player, I'm not going to let you down. 

  • He should just tell Roger:

    Mason was aggressively trying to rip off my helmet and it sounded like he was saying inappropriate things, which triggered me to rip off his helmet in response. At that time I was done, allowing myself to be restrained by the linemen until Mason charged at me swinging. I honestly panicked and hit him with my free hand which had the helmet in it. I should never have taken the helmet in the first place. It got out of hand and I promise that it will never happen again. I'm embarrassed and remorseful beyond words. I was having a solid season and missed the chance at not only the Pro-Bowl but also the honor of defensive player of the year. My actions probably cost the Browns a shot at the playoffs... but beyond that I fear that I may in one thoughtless act I tarnished not only my name and career but also my team and my city. It will never happen again. If you give me the opportunity to prove that I'm not that type of player, I'm not going to let you down. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @poeticg said:

    He should just tell Roger:

    Mason was aggressively trying to rip off my helmet and it sounded like he was saying inappropriate things, which triggered me to rip off his helmet in response. At that time I was done, allowing myself to be restrained by the linemen until Mason charged at me swinging. I honestly panicked and hit him with my free hand which had the helmet in it. I should never have taken the helmet in the first place. It got out of hand and I promise that it will never happen again. I'm embarrassed and remorseful beyond words. I was having a solid season and missed the chance at not only the Pro-Bowl but also the honor of defensive player of the year. My actions probably cost the Browns a shot at the playoffs... but beyond that I fear that I may in one thoughtless act I tarnished not only my name and career but also my team and my city. It will never happen again. If you give me the opportunity to prove that I'm not that type of player, I'm not going to let you down. 

    That, or:

    "What did the five fingers say to the face? SMACK!"

    Either way would work. 

  • He should just tell Roger:

    Mason was aggressively trying to rip off my helmet and it sounded like he was saying inappropriate things, which triggered me to rip off his helmet in response. At that time I was done, allowing myself to be restrained by the linemen until Mason charged at me swinging. I honestly panicked and hit him with my free hand which had the helmet in it. I should never have taken the helmet in the first place. It got out of hand and I promise that it will never happen again. I'm embarrassed and remorseful beyond words. I was having a solid season and missed the chance at not only the Pro-Bowl but also the honor of defensive player of the year. My actions probably cost the Browns a shot at the playoffs... but beyond that I fear that I may in one thoughtless act I tarnished not only my name and career but also my team and my city. It will never happen again. If you give me the opportunity to prove that I'm not that type of player, I'm not going to let you down. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @poeticg said:

    He should just tell Roger:

    Mason was aggressively trying to rip off my helmet and it sounded like he was saying inappropriate things, which triggered me to rip off his helmet in response. At that time I was done, allowing myself to be restrained by the linemen until Mason charged at me swinging. I honestly panicked and hit him with my free hand which had the helmet in it. I should never have taken the helmet in the first place. It got out of hand and I promise that it will never happen again. I'm embarrassed and remorseful beyond words. I was having a solid season and missed the chance at not only the Pro-Bowl but also the honor of defensive player of the year. My actions probably cost the Browns a shot at the playoffs... but beyond that I fear that I may in one thoughtless act I tarnished not only my name and career but also my team and my city. It will never happen again. If you give me the opportunity to prove that I'm not that type of player, I'm not going to let you down. 

    Yup...  basically what MG has said all along...

    ... but for God's sake please wear a boring, navy-blue, pinstripe, business suit this time and a tie! This ain't no red carpet moment.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    He'll be reinstated.  I have zero worry about that.  

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Roger will probably Weinstein him 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    then....about the end of April, they will decide on what to do with Garrett.....after April 23rd.......

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    read the link again Cal..back by April 6TH?? fer one..one of Robert Kraft's drag queens must have Fuc$'d Roger Goodhell senseless overnight ..fur two.. I thought,, this fuc$, would be holding this photo over every draftees head till they shake his hand on the drafting stage..wear some illegal gloves ?... so .. am not holding my breath on this one till April 6th?..   Good Luck, Myles .. #Club-her

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    also, from the link:

    "It's just not Myles Garrett here. Obviously he was the starting [point] but we suspended three different players in that," Goodell said. "

    Now, how the hell did it start with Garrett? When Rudolph tried to rip HIS helmet off? and attacked him again, after Garrett was being held?

    I just call bs. Hopefully, Garret will be back well before the draft.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #11

    The brown and orange lenses are strong in here Luke. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #12

    I think we will know about the suspension before Free Agency begins. Or that's what I would argument to Goodhell. 

    If the team doesn't know about the suspension before FA or the draft, you're not only punishing the player but the team too, because you don't give them a chance to maneuver around this situation. 

    For now he has been suspended for 6 games. I expect some more. No matter what Rudolph did, he could have killed him. 

    PS: And it was sad to see the players not reacting as a team, the overall performance went downhill after all of this happened. 

  • I think we will know about the suspension before Free Agency begins. Or that's what I would argument to Goodhell. 

    If the team doesn't know about the suspension before FA or the draft, you're not only punishing the player but the team too, because you don't give them a chance to maneuver around this situation. 

    For now he has been suspended for 6 games. I expect some more. No matter what Rudolph did, he could have killed him. 

    PS: And it was sad to see the players not reacting as a team, the overall performance went downhill after all of this happened. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nero said:

    If the team doesn't know about the suspension before FA or the draft, you're not only punishing the player but the team too, because you don't give them a chance to maneuver around this situation. 

    We're used to it thanks to Josh Gordon.

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #14

    He should just tell the truth.

    I lied. After realizing the magnitude of what I had just done, I knew that the only way to draw any sort of vindication or justification for such an egregious act was to accuse Rudolf of hurling a racial slur.

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    If I was Myles I'd tell GoToHell, "I work for the Cleveland Browns and I don't take orders from you.  You don't wanna let me play, go ahead and tell the Browns."

    ...of course, I despise GoToHell...

  • I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @bigalow80 said:

    I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

  • @bigalow80 said:

    I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #18

    @bob806 said:

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

    I understand how you could feel that way, but there's no way he can be banned from playing.

    It sucks big time, but my feeling is that he won't be playing in the season opener, perhaps even a couple  games...I tend to believe the NFL is gonna want to send a message that thuggery isn't gonna be tolerated on the football field.

  • @bob806 said:

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

    I understand how you could feel that way, but there's no way he can be banned from playing.

    It sucks big time, but my feeling is that he won't be playing in the season opener, perhaps even a couple  games...I tend to believe the NFL is gonna want to send a message that thuggery isn't gonna be tolerated on the football field.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gorka said:

    I understand how you could feel that way, but there's no way he can be banned from playing.

    It sucks big time, but my feeling is that he won't be playing in the season opener, perhaps even a couple  games...I tend to believe the NFL is gonna want to send a message that thuggery isn't gonna be tolerated on the football field.

    They already made that point by giving him by far the most severe punishment of all involved in the incident. 6 games with loss of 3/8 of his pay for the season is pretty damn harsh. Plus the largest fine on top of that.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I had to spend considerable time sanitizing this thread before I bumped it....  But it looks like Myles will be reinstated sooner rather than later.  Keep it on topic folks- and no personal attacks...  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101624/article/myles-garrett-meets-with-roger-goodell-in-new-york

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Radio down here said ...guessing...1 or 2 games to start the season.