Skip to content

Myles Garrett Reinstated

Locked The Browns Board
194 32 6.8k 1
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Roger will probably Weinstein him 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    then....about the end of April, they will decide on what to do with Garrett.....after April 23rd.......

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    read the link again Cal..back by April 6TH?? fer one..one of Robert Kraft's drag queens must have Fuc$'d Roger Goodhell senseless overnight ..fur two.. I thought,, this fuc$, would be holding this photo over every draftees head till they shake his hand on the drafting stage..wear some illegal gloves ?... so .. am not holding my breath on this one till April 6th?..   Good Luck, Myles .. #Club-her

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    also, from the link:

    "It's just not Myles Garrett here. Obviously he was the starting [point] but we suspended three different players in that," Goodell said. "

    Now, how the hell did it start with Garrett? When Rudolph tried to rip HIS helmet off? and attacked him again, after Garrett was being held?

    I just call bs. Hopefully, Garret will be back well before the draft.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #11

    The brown and orange lenses are strong in here Luke. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #12

    I think we will know about the suspension before Free Agency begins. Or that's what I would argument to Goodhell. 

    If the team doesn't know about the suspension before FA or the draft, you're not only punishing the player but the team too, because you don't give them a chance to maneuver around this situation. 

    For now he has been suspended for 6 games. I expect some more. No matter what Rudolph did, he could have killed him. 

    PS: And it was sad to see the players not reacting as a team, the overall performance went downhill after all of this happened. 

  • I think we will know about the suspension before Free Agency begins. Or that's what I would argument to Goodhell. 

    If the team doesn't know about the suspension before FA or the draft, you're not only punishing the player but the team too, because you don't give them a chance to maneuver around this situation. 

    For now he has been suspended for 6 games. I expect some more. No matter what Rudolph did, he could have killed him. 

    PS: And it was sad to see the players not reacting as a team, the overall performance went downhill after all of this happened. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nero said:

    If the team doesn't know about the suspension before FA or the draft, you're not only punishing the player but the team too, because you don't give them a chance to maneuver around this situation. 

    We're used to it thanks to Josh Gordon.

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #14

    He should just tell the truth.

    I lied. After realizing the magnitude of what I had just done, I knew that the only way to draw any sort of vindication or justification for such an egregious act was to accuse Rudolf of hurling a racial slur.

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    If I was Myles I'd tell GoToHell, "I work for the Cleveland Browns and I don't take orders from you.  You don't wanna let me play, go ahead and tell the Browns."

    ...of course, I despise GoToHell...

  • I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @bigalow80 said:

    I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

  • @bigalow80 said:

    I don't think this is going to be an issue. In general, Garrett is considered a very good guy with  no off the field issues or problems. If he can show that he has taken steps to try and control his "anger" than this should be a slam dunk return to play. Considering all the things other players do to draw attention to themselves, this can be written off as a moment someone just completely lost their cool. Which, considering his general calmness off the field, IMOP means something set him to crazy mode but that's inconsequential at this point.

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #18

    @bob806 said:

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

    I understand how you could feel that way, but there's no way he can be banned from playing.

    It sucks big time, but my feeling is that he won't be playing in the season opener, perhaps even a couple  games...I tend to believe the NFL is gonna want to send a message that thuggery isn't gonna be tolerated on the football field.

  • @bob806 said:

    He plays for the Browns, so it's a different set of rules. I'm not optimistic he gets reinstated at all.

    I understand how you could feel that way, but there's no way he can be banned from playing.

    It sucks big time, but my feeling is that he won't be playing in the season opener, perhaps even a couple  games...I tend to believe the NFL is gonna want to send a message that thuggery isn't gonna be tolerated on the football field.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gorka said:

    I understand how you could feel that way, but there's no way he can be banned from playing.

    It sucks big time, but my feeling is that he won't be playing in the season opener, perhaps even a couple  games...I tend to believe the NFL is gonna want to send a message that thuggery isn't gonna be tolerated on the football field.

    They already made that point by giving him by far the most severe punishment of all involved in the incident. 6 games with loss of 3/8 of his pay for the season is pretty damn harsh. Plus the largest fine on top of that.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I had to spend considerable time sanitizing this thread before I bumped it....  But it looks like Myles will be reinstated sooner rather than later.  Keep it on topic folks- and no personal attacks...  

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101624/article/myles-garrett-meets-with-roger-goodell-in-new-york

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Radio down here said ...guessing...1 or 2 games to start the season.

  • Radio down here said ...guessing...1 or 2 games to start the season.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @kvoethe said:

    Radio down here said ...guessing...1 or 2 games to start the season.

    I hope they're guessing wrong. 6 games was plenty, I'd like to think since he was given consideration to use the team facilities,  as long as he's checked all the league mandated boxes- like counselling, it will be a full reinstatement with no further sanctions.  Other than- don't ever do it again.  🙂  

  • @kvoethe said:

    Radio down here said ...guessing...1 or 2 games to start the season.

    I hope they're guessing wrong. 6 games was plenty, I'd like to think since he was given consideration to use the team facilities,  as long as he's checked all the league mandated boxes- like counselling, it will be a full reinstatement with no further sanctions.  Other than- don't ever do it again.  🙂  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @hoorta said:

    I hope they're guessing wrong. 6 games was plenty, I'd like to think since he was given consideration to use the team facilities,  as long as he's checked all the league mandated boxes- like counselling, it will be a full reinstatement with no further sanctions.  Other than- don't ever do it again.  🙂  

    Unfortunately, we're dealing with Roger's God Complex again so he'll enjoy this as long as he can.  We've already played leap frog with the unicorn and the only one that enjoyed the landing was Ghoolie.

    I don't know if you remember what ownership family was behind getting 32 owners to approve Roger as THE choice but it was the Rooney family.  Garrett's act was against Rooney's franchise.  In a perfect world, that shouldn't matter.  In Roger's Kingdom - that act against that franchise will be made an example of - not that Burfict didn't already give him an ideal opportunity to do so in the post season once upon a time. Now Roger is allegedly all about player safety while he's proposing the idea of adding 1 more regular season game to the schedule. With injury lists higher than ever the last few years - money sure puts player safety in a back seat again.

  • @hoorta said:

    I hope they're guessing wrong. 6 games was plenty, I'd like to think since he was given consideration to use the team facilities,  as long as he's checked all the league mandated boxes- like counselling, it will be a full reinstatement with no further sanctions.  Other than- don't ever do it again.  🙂  

    Unfortunately, we're dealing with Roger's God Complex again so he'll enjoy this as long as he can.  We've already played leap frog with the unicorn and the only one that enjoyed the landing was Ghoolie.

    I don't know if you remember what ownership family was behind getting 32 owners to approve Roger as THE choice but it was the Rooney family.  Garrett's act was against Rooney's franchise.  In a perfect world, that shouldn't matter.  In Roger's Kingdom - that act against that franchise will be made an example of - not that Burfict didn't already give him an ideal opportunity to do so in the post season once upon a time. Now Roger is allegedly all about player safety while he's proposing the idea of adding 1 more regular season game to the schedule. With injury lists higher than ever the last few years - money sure puts player safety in a back seat again.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @flugel said:

    Unfortunately, we're dealing with Roger's God Complex again so he'll enjoy this as long as he can.  We've already played leap frog with the unicorn and the only one that enjoyed the landing was Ghoolie.

    I don't know if you remember what ownership family was behind getting 32 owners to approve Roger as THE choice but it was the Rooney family.  Garrett's act was against Rooney's franchise.  In a perfect world, that shouldn't matter.  In Roger's Kingdom - that act against that franchise will be made an example of - not that Burfict didn't already give him an ideal opportunity to do so in the post season once upon a time. Now Roger is allegedly all about player safety while he's proposing the idea of adding 1 more regular season game to the schedule. With injury lists higher than ever the last few years - money sure puts player safety in a back seat again.

    Do remember Roger represents and works for the owners.  His last very generous contract was approved by the owners 32-0. 

    Interesting read on the details.......   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/07/how-roger-goodells-200-million-payday-compares-to-americas-top-ceos/#5b0c601c49cb

    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension that runs through the 2023 season. The five-year deal is worth up to $200 million including potential bonuses, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The deal marks the end of a tumultuous negotiation in which fans, players and owners like Jerry Jones questioned if Goodell was worth the hefty paycheck.

    Goodell, 58, was appointed commissioner in 2006 and earned $212.5 million during his first 10 years on the job. (His salary for that period was made public due to the league’s tax-exempt status, which it gave up  in 2015, largely due to the negative public relations optics.) Goodell’s compensation was $32 million in 2015, which was the last year reported.

    Goodell’s next deal is extremely incentive laden with the base salary set at $4 million and likely bonuses likely to bring his annual comp up to the $30 million range. But if he can hit all targets and push his annual take to $40 million per year, his total compensation as commissioner could approach $500 million over 18 years by the end of his current deal in 2023......... continued in the link........

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I'll set the over/under at 3 games to start the season...... I'll take the over at 4. 

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I hope I'm wrong, but unless Roger is getting a soft spot, I think Myles misses our 1st 2 games this year.

    Mike