Skip to content

Myles Garrett Reinstated

Locked The Browns Board
194 32 6.8k 1
  • He got more than he deserved in the first place.  

  • He got more than he deserved in the first place.  

    @the-gipper said:

    He got more than he deserved in the first place.  

    Had he simply kept his cool, his teammates, coaches and fans wouldn't have had to ride the pony he saddled........ Although I'm sure it's someone else's fault. 

  • @flugel said:

    Unfortunately, we're dealing with Roger's God Complex again so he'll enjoy this as long as he can.  We've already played leap frog with the unicorn and the only one that enjoyed the landing was Ghoolie.

    I don't know if you remember what ownership family was behind getting 32 owners to approve Roger as THE choice but it was the Rooney family.  Garrett's act was against Rooney's franchise.  In a perfect world, that shouldn't matter.  In Roger's Kingdom - that act against that franchise will be made an example of - not that Burfict didn't already give him an ideal opportunity to do so in the post season once upon a time. Now Roger is allegedly all about player safety while he's proposing the idea of adding 1 more regular season game to the schedule. With injury lists higher than ever the last few years - money sure puts player safety in a back seat again.

    Do remember Roger represents and works for the owners.  His last very generous contract was approved by the owners 32-0. 

    Interesting read on the details.......   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/07/how-roger-goodells-200-million-payday-compares-to-americas-top-ceos/#5b0c601c49cb

    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension that runs through the 2023 season. The five-year deal is worth up to $200 million including potential bonuses, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The deal marks the end of a tumultuous negotiation in which fans, players and owners like Jerry Jones questioned if Goodell was worth the hefty paycheck.

    Goodell, 58, was appointed commissioner in 2006 and earned $212.5 million during his first 10 years on the job. (His salary for that period was made public due to the league’s tax-exempt status, which it gave up  in 2015, largely due to the negative public relations optics.) Goodell’s compensation was $32 million in 2015, which was the last year reported.

    Goodell’s next deal is extremely incentive laden with the base salary set at $4 million and likely bonuses likely to bring his annual comp up to the $30 million range. But if he can hit all targets and push his annual take to $40 million per year, his total compensation as commissioner could approach $500 million over 18 years by the end of his current deal in 2023......... continued in the link........

    @mjp28 said:

    Do remember Roger represents and works for the owners.  His last very generous contract was approved by the owners 32-0. 

    Interesting read on the details.......   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/07/how-roger-goodells-200-million-payday-compares-to-americas-top-ceos/#5b0c601c49cb

    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension that runs through the 2023 season. The five-year deal is worth up to $200 million including potential bonuses, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The deal marks the end of a tumultuous negotiation in which fans, players and owners like Jerry Jones questioned if Goodell was worth the hefty paycheck.

    Goodell, 58, was appointed commissioner in 2006 and earned $212.5 million during his first 10 years on the job. (His salary for that period was made public due to the league’s tax-exempt status, which it gave up  in 2015, largely due to the negative public relations optics.) Goodell’s compensation was $32 million in 2015, which was the last year reported.

    Goodell’s next deal is extremely incentive laden with the base salary set at $4 million and likely bonuses likely to bring his annual comp up to the $30 million range. But if he can hit all targets and push his annual take to $40 million per year, his total compensation as commissioner could approach $500 million over 18 years by the end of his current deal in 2023......... continued in the link........

    You would have to post that link on executive compensation. It's why I stopped reading company annual reports- when you look at what the top executives of major corporations are making, it's enough to make you ill.  Like what are these guys doing every day to merit tens of millions in compensation annually?  

  • @canton-mike said:

    I hope I'm wrong, but unless Roger is getting a soft spot, I think Myles misses our 1st 2 games this year.

    Mike

    I hope you are wrong too Mike. He has fulfilled all that was required of him.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I hope you are wrong too Mike. He has fulfilled all that was required of him.

    What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I hope you are wrong too Mike. He has fulfilled all that was required of him.

    What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

    @gumby73 said:

    What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

    He has not yet done this as part of his Anger Management.  Come on, Myles and Roger together.  A one and a two: 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I hope you are wrong too Mike. He has fulfilled all that was required of him.

    What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

    @gumby73 said:

    What was Myles required to fulfill? I got this hunch* that Myles has not proven enough hours of anger management classes to satisfy oh high & mighty Roger? who's reporting Myles fulfilled requirements?  thanks ag

    It wasn't just classes. It was anger management individual counseling as well I believe. Mary Kay is the one reporting that he has done everything asked of him and this I found in another article sounds very hopeful.

    “The NFL will be open-minded and listen to Garrett during the offseason meeting, and if his behavior is what the league hopes it will be and his answers are accurate, there’s a strong chance he will not miss any playing time in 2020, according to sources.- Adam Schefter

  • @mjp28 said:

    Do remember Roger represents and works for the owners.  His last very generous contract was approved by the owners 32-0. 

    Interesting read on the details.......   https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/07/how-roger-goodells-200-million-payday-compares-to-americas-top-ceos/#5b0c601c49cb

    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension that runs through the 2023 season. The five-year deal is worth up to $200 million including potential bonuses, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The deal marks the end of a tumultuous negotiation in which fans, players and owners like Jerry Jones questioned if Goodell was worth the hefty paycheck.

    Goodell, 58, was appointed commissioner in 2006 and earned $212.5 million during his first 10 years on the job. (His salary for that period was made public due to the league’s tax-exempt status, which it gave up  in 2015, largely due to the negative public relations optics.) Goodell’s compensation was $32 million in 2015, which was the last year reported.

    Goodell’s next deal is extremely incentive laden with the base salary set at $4 million and likely bonuses likely to bring his annual comp up to the $30 million range. But if he can hit all targets and push his annual take to $40 million per year, his total compensation as commissioner could approach $500 million over 18 years by the end of his current deal in 2023......... continued in the link........

    You would have to post that link on executive compensation. It's why I stopped reading company annual reports- when you look at what the top executives of major corporations are making, it's enough to make you ill.  Like what are these guys doing every day to merit tens of millions in compensation annually?  

    @hoorta said:

    You would have to post that link on executive compensation. It's why I stopped reading company annual reports- when you look at what the top executives of major corporations are making, it's enough to make you ill.  Like what are these guys doing every day to merit tens of millions in compensation annually?  

    There is a lot of information on CEO and other executive pay in the USA but here's an interesting graph on it.  https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-surged-in-2017

    Screenshot_2020-02-11_204701.jpg

  • Didn’t think it would happen that quick. Maybe the “counseling” helped. 

  • Alrighty then.   Must have been their duet rendition of the I'm pretty and witty and gay song that did it. 

  • WKYC just now......    https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/reports-browns-de-myles-garrett-reinstated-by-nfl/95-11b1df44-fb0d-421a-a981-0f3109a63a83

    /topic/55615

    Published: 10:28 AM EST February 12, 2020
    Updated: 10:36 AM EST February 12, 2020

    Three months after being suspended indefinitely, Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett is back in the NFL.

    On Wednesday, the Browns announced that league commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated Garrett, who had been serving an indefinite suspension since November.

    “We welcome Myles back to our organization with open arms," Browns Vice President of Football Operations and general manager Andrew Berry said in a statement. "We know he is grateful to be reinstated, eager to put the past behind him and continue to evolve and grow as a leader. We look forward to having his strong positive presence back as a teammate, player and person in our community.”..........continued in the link.........

  • Great news! I had predicted he would remain suspended for our 1st 2 games this year. It not only pleases me to say "I was wrong", but to have positive resolution speaks well of Myles AND the NFL.

    This is a very positive start in 2020.

    Mike

  • I hope I'm wrong, but unless Roger is getting a soft spot, I think Myles misses our 1st 2 games this year.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I hope I'm wrong, but unless Roger is getting a soft spot, I think Myles misses our 1st 2 games this year.

    Mike

    I was WRONG!!! Myles is back!

    Mike

  • @canton-mike said:

    I hope I'm wrong, but unless Roger is getting a soft spot, I think Myles misses our 1st 2 games this year.

    Mike

    I was WRONG!!! Myles is back!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I was WRONG!!! Myles is back!

    Mike

    Time to move on from this little incident to sacking the other quarterbacks.

  • Great news! I had predicted he would remain suspended for our 1st 2 games this year. It not only pleases me to say "I was wrong", but to have positive resolution speaks well of Myles AND the NFL.

    This is a very positive start in 2020.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Great news! I had predicted he would remain suspended for our 1st 2 games this year. It not only pleases me to say "I was wrong", but to have positive resolution speaks well of Myles AND the NFL.

    This is a very positive start in 2020.

    Hike in 

    I said  all  along 6 games  was plenty.  Most  ever handed  out  for on field  fracas.  Especially IIRC, considering Haynesworth  only got a  couple  games  for  head stomping  Gurode- and he needed  stitches.  

    Rudolph  wasn't  even hurt. 

  • This is great. Can’t wait to see him back out there.

  • Glad we get him back now.   No missing 2020 games!

    Give him his new playbook.  ( rush the passer, protect the edge )  

  • I expect a 15+ sack season, followed by a demand for a $17 million per year deal with $50 mill guaranteed. Then maybe a franchise tag and a hold out. 

  • Glad we get him back now.   No missing 2020 games!

    Give him his new playbook.  ( rush the passer, protect the edge )  

    @orion said:

    Glad we get him back now.   No missing 2020 games!

    Give him his new playbook.  ( rush the passer, protect the edge )  

    Do we even have a playbook right now?

  • @orion said:

    Glad we get him back now.   No missing 2020 games!

    Give him his new playbook.  ( rush the passer, protect the edge )  

    Do we even have a playbook right now?

    @lbc-mike said:

    Do we even have a playbook right now?

    I truly doubt it.