Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. Last of the Kingston Trio

Last of the Kingston Trio

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
9 Posts 4 Posters 341 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 23k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Dies just before age 86.

    https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/bob-shane-kingston-trio-obutuary/2020/01/29/id/951798/?oRef=mixi

    Hang down your head Tom Dooley. RIP.

    1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 10k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
      #2

      They were my Dad's favorites 🙁

      Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
        • 28k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
        #3

        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
        T 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
          #4

          @diehardbrownsfan said:

          It certainly was a more innocent time wasn't it. On the way to RB today I heard the Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe" from 1963 released the month before Kennedy was assassinated . Life was a fast car and a faster girl. LOL!?

          mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T TexasAg1969

            @diehardbrownsfan said:

            It certainly was a more innocent time wasn't it. On the way to RB today I heard the Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe" from 1963 released the month before Kennedy was assassinated . Life was a fast car and a faster girl. LOL!?

            mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 18k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @texasag1969 said:

            It certainly was a more innocent time wasn't it. On the way to RB today I heard the Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe" from 1963 released the month before Kennedy was assassinated . Life was a fast car and a faster girl. LOL!?

            Bit by bit the end of a bygone era.  RIP.

            But we still have the music.  😉

            GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
            T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • mjp28M mjp28

              @texasag1969 said:

              It certainly was a more innocent time wasn't it. On the way to RB today I heard the Beach Boys "Little Deuce Coupe" from 1963 released the month before Kennedy was assassinated . Life was a fast car and a faster girl. LOL!?

              Bit by bit the end of a bygone era.  RIP.

              But we still have the music.  😉

              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 23k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mjp28 said:

              Bit by bit the end of a bygone era.  RIP.

              But we still have the music.  😉

              Oh I married the girl. LOL! I've known her since 9th grade (1962).? "She's my little 60 deuce coupe, You don't now what I've got"?

              mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T TexasAg1969

                @mjp28 said:

                Bit by bit the end of a bygone era.  RIP.

                But we still have the music.  😉

                Oh I married the girl. LOL! I've known her since 9th grade (1962).? "She's my little 60 deuce coupe, You don't now what I've got"?

                mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 18k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @texasag1969 said:

                Oh I married the girl. LOL! I've known her since 9th grade (1962).? "She's my little 60 deuce coupe, You don't now what I've got"?

                Oh I almost put in my Beach Boys greatest hits while having cheeseburgers on the grill yesterday.  Instead we listened to the Dean Martin Ultimate hits 2 CD set, good dinner music.

                GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • mjp28M mjp28

                  @texasag1969 said:

                  Oh I married the girl. LOL! I've known her since 9th grade (1962).? "She's my little 60 deuce coupe, You don't now what I've got"?

                  Oh I almost put in my Beach Boys greatest hits while having cheeseburgers on the grill yesterday.  Instead we listened to the Dean Martin Ultimate hits 2 CD set, good dinner music.

                  TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 23k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @mjp28 said:

                  Oh I almost put in my Beach Boys greatest hits while having cheeseburgers on the grill yesterday.  Instead we listened to the Dean Martin Ultimate hits 2 CD set, good dinner music.

                  And we'll have fun, fun fun while we eat our cheeseburgers off the grill. I'm almost positive that this song was the impetus for Ron Howard to put the girl in the T-bird in American Graffiti. 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 18k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I knew every word to every Beach Boys song.....and many, many other groups in the 1960s and 1970s.

                    Great time to grow up with my transistor radio.

                    GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate