Bold idea that would change the landscape of sports in Cleveland
-
Did I say that Cleveland needed to have a lakefront JUST LIKE CHICAGO? I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefront LIKE Chicago AND Milwaukee
Your ability to communicate your thoughts is poor.
Here is what Dutch was trying to say folks:
Did I say that Cleveland needed to have a lakefront
JUST LIKE CHICAGOidentical to Chicago's? I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefrontLIKEin such a way that it benefits Cleveland, as did Chicago and Milwaukee for their respective cities.Did I say that Cleveland needed to have a lakefront
JUST LIKE CHICAGOidentical to Chicago's? I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefrontLIKEis such a way that it benefits Cleveland, as did Chicago and Milwaukee for their respective cities.Those are some solid communication skills you have there Gorka...
"I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefront is such a way..."
Or you could have said "IN such a way..." ?
Thanks for trying, though.
-
Again, so much of Cleveland's use of its "lakefront" are the activities that happen on the waterfront in the Flats. None of the other major lakefront cities really have that. Toronto/Detroit (which really has no lakefront...it is riverfront), Milwaukee. Maybe Chicago a bit with the Chicago river.
But also notice, that there is a huge marina just eas of Burke, which you see a bit of in the above photo, and there is a huge one at the mouth of the River, on Whiskey Island.
You also have the attractions on the lake: RRHOF, Science Center, Stadium, USS Cod, William Mather, there is an International Women's Air and Space Museum there. You also have Edgewater park. There are quite a number of new condo developments in the Flats. Wendy Park also on Whiskey Island. Settler's Landing plus Rivergate park. The Nautica Stage, etc. etc. And you know, it IS a working major port as well.
Again, what kind of development on the Lakeshore/Riverfront, do you want that is not already there?
Don't know Gipper. Based on that aireal view, maybe we should turn Burke into another Euclid Beach. Ferris wheels and roller coasters. Gosh, the whining from a guy who doesn't even live in the city.
Regarding the "working port" Dutch pretty much missed the economic significance of that. I should have given up arguing with him when I pointed out if he thinks First Energy is a waste of valuable lakefront property, well maybe he needs to tell Chicago to tear down Soldier Field- when you could probably throw a rock from the east side of that stadium into Lake Michigan.
I can't comment on the potential wonderfulness of Milwalkee's lakefront, because I've only been through the town once- 40 years ago. But if they want NFL football, it's head north to Green Bay, or south to Chicago.
Don't know Gipper. Based on that aireal view, maybe we should turn Burke into another Euclid Beach. Ferris wheels and roller coasters. Gosh, the whining from a guy who doesn't even live in the city.
Yeah, wanting Cleveland to have a better lakefront, something people have "whined" about for generations, is just crazy.
But the amount of passive aggressiveness you've displayed on this thread is impressive, hoorta. Hats off to you about that!
-
Did I say that Cleveland needed to have a lakefront
JUST LIKE CHICAGOidentical to Chicago's? I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefrontLIKEis such a way that it benefits Cleveland, as did Chicago and Milwaukee for their respective cities.Those are some solid communication skills you have there Gorka...
"I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefront is such a way..."
Or you could have said "IN such a way..." ?
Thanks for trying, though.
Those are some solid communication skills you have there Gorka...
"I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefront is such a way..."
Or you could have said "IN such a way..." ?
Thanks for trying, though.
And this is the thanks I get.
First of all I caught and edited that before you hit the "Submit Reply".
Secondly, it was a typo, and your inability to grasp a statement over one letter is a reflection on you.
-
Those are some solid communication skills you have there Gorka...
"I said the city of Cleveland should utilize their lakefront is such a way..."
Or you could have said "IN such a way..." ?
Thanks for trying, though.
And this is the thanks I get.
First of all I caught and edited that before you hit the "Submit Reply".
Secondly, it was a typo, and your inability to grasp a statement over one letter is a reflection on you.
And this is the thanks I get.
First of all I caught and edited that before you hit the "Submit Reply".
Secondly, it was a typo, and your inability to grasp a statement over one letter is a reflection on you.
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating to try to get back at people only to have it blow up in your face. But good on you about the bridges and Pittsburgh. Gipper will be reeling when he reads that, I bet. ?
-
And this is the thanks I get.
First of all I caught and edited that before you hit the "Submit Reply".
Secondly, it was a typo, and your inability to grasp a statement over one letter is a reflection on you.
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating to try to get back at people only to have it blow up in your face. But good on you about the bridges and Pittsburgh. Gipper will be reeling when he reads that, I bet. ?
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating.
Haha, you're the one frustrated my projecting little friend. You know you are!
Whats next up your sleeve? Let me guess..calling me a racist? LOL
-
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating.
Haha, you're the one frustrated my projecting little friend. You know you are!
Whats next up your sleeve? Let me guess..calling me a racist? LOL
Haha, you're the one frustrated my projecting little friend. You know you are!
Whats next up your sleeve? Let me guess..calling me a racist? LOL
Ooh. now he's trying so hard to bait me into a fight! ?
You're the one who came onto this thread, only to obviously try to settle scores with those you feel bruised your ego on another thread.
So yeah, I feel confident that lil' Gorka is flailing...
-
And this is the thanks I get.
First of all I caught and edited that before you hit the "Submit Reply".
Secondly, it was a typo, and your inability to grasp a statement over one letter is a reflection on you.
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating to try to get back at people only to have it blow up in your face. But good on you about the bridges and Pittsburgh. Gipper will be reeling when he reads that, I bet. ?
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating to try to get back at people only to have it blow up in your face. But good on you about the bridges and Pittsburgh. Gipper will be reeling when he reads that, I bet. ?
That's a good possibility. I wouldn't be surprised at a few F bombs to come my way.
-
You tried so hard.
Must be frustrating to try to get back at people only to have it blow up in your face. But good on you about the bridges and Pittsburgh. Gipper will be reeling when he reads that, I bet. ?
That's a good possibility. I wouldn't be surprised at a few F bombs to come my way.
-
Haha, you're the one frustrated my projecting little friend. You know you are!
Whats next up your sleeve? Let me guess..calling me a racist? LOL
Ooh. now he's trying so hard to bait me into a fight! ?
You're the one who came onto this thread, only to obviously try to settle scores with those you feel bruised your ego on another thread.
So yeah, I feel confident that lil' Gorka is flailing...
Ooh. now he's trying so hard to bait me into a fight! ?
You're already in a fight.
-
Sorry. Already taken down near Beaumont/Port Author. There is another unincorporated one in La. where they have a gumbo festival.
Who the fuck gives a shit about a place no one has heard of.
Who the fuck gives a shit about a place no one has heard of.
I do. I also appreciated your comment about Pittsburg being the “City of Bridges” as well. I always knew it as the “Steel City”, and a quick google search confirms that but it also confirms it has an alternate nickname too. Interesting stuff.
I fairly recently learned there was a city in Maine nicknamed the “Queen City.” That of course is Cincy’s nickname too. Bangor, Maine.
-
And since you are a troll, that's what you are just dying for, isn't it?
BE STRONG GIPPER! FIGHT THE URGE! ?
I'm sure Gipper can fend for himself without your support so you can take that cheerleader outfit off.
Aren't we supposed to be discussing the issue with the lakefront? Why this incessant urge to start bickering.
Maybe not, but I get that feeling that tearing down both the #1 baseball stadium in the country and First Energy at the same time is fodder for another Cleveland joke. Not terribly old stadiums, modern and kept up to date are they not?
-
Who the fuck gives a shit about a place no one has heard of.
I do. I also appreciated your comment about Pittsburg being the “City of Bridges” as well. I always knew it as the “Steel City”, and a quick google search confirms that but it also confirms it has an alternate nickname too. Interesting stuff.
I fairly recently learned there was a city in Maine nicknamed the “Queen City.” That of course is Cincy’s nickname too. Bangor, Maine.
I do. I also appreciated your comment about Pittsburg being the “City of Bridges” as well. I always knew it as the “Steel City”, and a quick google search confirms that but it also confirms it has an alternate nickname too. Interesting stuff.
I fairly recently learned there was a city in Maine nicknamed the “Queen City.” That of course is Cincy’s nickname too. Bangor, Maine.
I didn't know there was a second Queen City.
You're from Cincy right? A transplant or originally from there?
-
I do. I also appreciated your comment about Pittsburg being the “City of Bridges” as well. I always knew it as the “Steel City”, and a quick google search confirms that but it also confirms it has an alternate nickname too. Interesting stuff.
I fairly recently learned there was a city in Maine nicknamed the “Queen City.” That of course is Cincy’s nickname too. Bangor, Maine.
I didn't know there was a second Queen City.
You're from Cincy right? A transplant or originally from there?
I didn't know there was a second Queen City.
You're from Cincy right? A transplant or originally from there?
Nor did l! Born and raised here. Browns fandom is a deeply seeded family thing. Back in grandpa’s day there were no Bengals and pretty much all of Ohio were Browns fans. Even within my lifetime nearby Dayton was considered “Browns territory” and would show Browns games on their CBS affiliate. Back in the day l had to stand on one leg with foil wrapped rabbit ears against a window to pick up their games, haha.
-
I didn't know there was a second Queen City.
You're from Cincy right? A transplant or originally from there?
Nor did l! Born and raised here. Browns fandom is a deeply seeded family thing. Back in grandpa’s day there were no Bengals and pretty much all of Ohio were Browns fans. Even within my lifetime nearby Dayton was considered “Browns territory” and would show Browns games on their CBS affiliate. Back in the day l had to stand on one leg with foil wrapped rabbit ears against a window to pick up their games, haha.
Nor did l! Born and raised here. Browns fandom is a deeply seeded family thing. Back in grandpa’s day there were no Bengals and pretty much all of Ohio were Browns fans. Even within my lifetime nearby Dayton was considered “Browns territory” and would show Browns games on their CBS affiliate. Back in the day l had to stand on one leg with foil wrapped rabbit ears against a window to pick up their games, haha.
Shucks. Since you are a true Cincinnatian, I don't get to offend you by letting you know that Cincinnati was once known as "Porkopolis" because of all the pigs that lived there, and still do LOL...actually because it was a pork producing center.
https://www.greatamericancountry.com/places/local-life/porkopolis-cincinnatis-pork-producing-past
-
Nor did l! Born and raised here. Browns fandom is a deeply seeded family thing. Back in grandpa’s day there were no Bengals and pretty much all of Ohio were Browns fans. Even within my lifetime nearby Dayton was considered “Browns territory” and would show Browns games on their CBS affiliate. Back in the day l had to stand on one leg with foil wrapped rabbit ears against a window to pick up their games, haha.
Shucks. Since you are a true Cincinnatian, I don't get to offend you by letting you know that Cincinnati was once known as "Porkopolis" because of all the pigs that lived there, and still do LOL...actually because it was a pork producing center.
https://www.greatamericancountry.com/places/local-life/porkopolis-cincinnatis-pork-producing-past
Shucks. Since you are a true Cincinnatian, I don't get to offend you by letting you know that Cincinnati was once known as "Porkopolis" because of all the pigs that lived there, and still do LOL...actually because it was a pork producing center.
https://www.greatamericancountry.com/places/local-life/porkopolis-cincinnatis-pork-producing-past
Haha, yeah. I guess that’s Cincy’s secondary nickname. I’ve seen some funky black and white photos of pigs being herded through downtown. A family friend painted one of the flying pigs mentioned in that article.
-
Sorry. Already taken down near Beaumont/Port Author. There is another unincorporated one in La. where they have a gumbo festival.
Who the fuck gives a shit about a place no one has heard of.
-
The real nickname of the town should be "Bridge City". They are so numerous I can't even put a photo of them on here. Numerous photos would be required.
Already taken. But I'm anticipating you're gonna come back with "Bridge City" different is from "City of Bridges" laced with a little profanity.
We can't even beat Pittspuke in bridges.
Affectionately known as the city of bridges, Pittsburgh boasts 446 bridges – more than any other city in the world, including Venice, Italy.
Already taken. But I'm anticipating you're gonna come back with "Bridge City" different is from "City of Bridges" laced with a little profanity.
We can't even beat Pittspuke in bridges.
Affectionately known as the city of bridges, Pittsburgh boasts 446 bridges – more than any other city in the world, including Venice, Italy.
I suppose they would have a lot of bridges, three rivers and all. but, having been there, overall, their bridges are spread out. Cleveland seems to have bridges on top of bridges. Cleveland's array of bridges is more impressive, if you have ever been down through there. Have you?
-
One of THE most impressive things about the Cleveland Lake/Riverfront area are the incredible bridges that you see, be it the one you go over, or under, or just see in the distance. The real nickname of the town should be "Bridge City". They are so numerous I can't even put a photo of them on here. Numerous photos would be required.
Sorry. Already taken down near Beaumont/Port Author. There is another unincorporated one in La. where they have a gumbo festival.
Sorry. Already taken down near Beaumont/Port Author. There is another unincorporated one in La. where they have a gumbo festival.
Port Arthur is a complete shithole. Scariest city in the US I have ever been. The day I was there the only thing moving on the streets in the downtown area were cop cars and military vehicles. Almost NO sign of life, at all. Too bad, I thought it would be much more vibrant, perhaps a bit like Galveston. But not one bit.
-
Sorry. Already taken down near Beaumont/Port Author. There is another unincorporated one in La. where they have a gumbo festival.
Port Arthur is a complete shithole. Scariest city in the US I have ever been. The day I was there the only thing moving on the streets in the downtown area were cop cars and military vehicles. Almost NO sign of life, at all. Too bad, I thought it would be much more vibrant, perhaps a bit like Galveston. But not one bit.
Port Arthur is a complete shithole. Scariest city in the US I have ever been. The day I was there the only thing moving on the streets in the downtown area were cop cars and military vehicles. Almost NO sign of life, at all. Too bad, I thought it would be much more vibrant, perhaps a bit like Galveston. But not one bit.
It's always been an oil town. Think Army town and the parallels are similar. Except P.A. produced Janis.
-
Port Arthur is a complete shithole. Scariest city in the US I have ever been. The day I was there the only thing moving on the streets in the downtown area were cop cars and military vehicles. Almost NO sign of life, at all. Too bad, I thought it would be much more vibrant, perhaps a bit like Galveston. But not one bit.
It's always been an oil town. Think Army town and the parallels are similar. Except P.A. produced Janis.
It's always been an oil town. Think Army town and the parallels are similar. Except P.A. produced Janis.
I felt more like I was in like Hungary in the 50s when the Russians put down an attempt to liberalize. But, I did go by Janis Joplin's house. A very modest place. A family lives there, and there is just a plaque out front. It also produced Van Eidom. Easy Street drummer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login