Skip to content

Browns Board Mock Draft

The Browns Board
188 12 4.8k 1
  • Having completed the Browns portion of the Mock Draft.....I readily admit that I went heavy on the  Linebackers....as a area of major need.   A couple, I think could contribute...Harrison and Willie Gay.     The 7th round guy would be ST/PS  guy likely, though theoretically he could have been a major bargain.  .    I do think I got the OT we need in Wirfs.  He was rated To 1,2,3 in several services I looked at....and recall, a couple of OTs were taken ahead of where I drafted    (Andrew Thomas was gone).   I do think I got a safety and that MLB we need   (Winfield/Harrison)

    Draftek had Winfield ranked #41 overall,  and  CBS had him #42 overall.   I picked him at #41.  I took Malik Harrison at #74.  Draftek had him  #52 overall.  CBS had him #87. But I also got Willie Gay Jr.  at  #115....and Draftek had him as the #86  best prospect  (one ahead of Harrison) .  Got some help in the middle of the line with Robert Hunt  OG/OC with #97.   WR  Kalija Lipscomb, round 6...can compete for backup WR role.    Last pick is a LB that I got for #244...but Draftek rated him #113.   Kind of all over the place. 

    Don't know where else I could have gone.   We "only" had  7 picks in this draft......some teams has double that.  It would have been nice for the Browns to have had a couple more.   Maybe get another OT. 

  • Having completed the Browns portion of the Mock Draft.....I readily admit that I went heavy on the  Linebackers....as a area of major need.   A couple, I think could contribute...Harrison and Willie Gay.     The 7th round guy would be ST/PS  guy likely, though theoretically he could have been a major bargain.  .    I do think I got the OT we need in Wirfs.  He was rated To 1,2,3 in several services I looked at....and recall, a couple of OTs were taken ahead of where I drafted    (Andrew Thomas was gone).   I do think I got a safety and that MLB we need   (Winfield/Harrison)

    Draftek had Winfield ranked #41 overall,  and  CBS had him #42 overall.   I picked him at #41.  I took Malik Harrison at #74.  Draftek had him  #52 overall.  CBS had him #87. But I also got Willie Gay Jr.  at  #115....and Draftek had him as the #86  best prospect  (one ahead of Harrison) .  Got some help in the middle of the line with Robert Hunt  OG/OC with #97.   WR  Kalija Lipscomb, round 6...can compete for backup WR role.    Last pick is a LB that I got for #244...but Draftek rated him #113.   Kind of all over the place. 

    Don't know where else I could have gone.   We "only" had  7 picks in this draft......some teams has double that.  It would have been nice for the Browns to have had a couple more.   Maybe get another OT. 

    @the-gipper said:

     
     
     
     

    Having completed the Browns portion of the Mock Draft.....I readily admit that I went heavy on the  Linebackers. 

    This is like an onion made out of irony  and I appreciate that

  • Not sure I follow.    We need LBs, so I went for them. 

  • Not sure I follow.    We need LBs, so I went for them. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Not sure I follow.    We need LBs, so I went for them. 

    It is irony in many layers

    You drafted a lot of LBs and:

    - You didn't know what LB position distinctions were

    - LBs are considered to be less important now. Like RBs on defense

    - They're more of an old school football team and you love living in the past on that stuff

    It just fits on so many levels

  • @the-gipper said:

    Not sure I follow.    We need LBs, so I went for them. 

    It is irony in many layers

    You drafted a lot of LBs and:

    - You didn't know what LB position distinctions were

    - LBs are considered to be less important now. Like RBs on defense

    - They're more of an old school football team and you love living in the past on that stuff

    It just fits on so many levels

    @mld-woody said:

    It is irony in many layers

    You drafted a lot of LBs and:

    - You didn't know what LB position distinctions were

    I knew the distinctions....I just didn't care about the cute little verbiage you gave to it. 

    - LBs are considered to be less important now. Like RBs on defense

    - They're more of an old school football team and you love living in the past on that stuff

    Now you are just showing your ignorance.   LInebackers still make most of the tackles. 

    And you are contradicting yourself.....if LB are so less important...then why does it matter what the distinctions are between them. 

    Here are the top  20 leading tacklers in the NFL:

    k Player Team Pos Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Lng FF Rec TD
    1 Bobby Wagner SEA MLB 159 86 73 3.0 -- 7 1 0 6 6 1 1 0
    2 Blake Martinez GB ILB 155 97 58 3.0 -- 3 1 0 22 22 1 -- --
    3 Jordan Hicks ARI MLB 150 93 57 1.5 -- 9 3 0 64 48 2 1 0
    4 Budda Baker ARI SS 147 104 43 0.5 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
    5 Luke Kuechly CAR MLB 144 81 63 0.0 1 14 2 0 26 25 0 -- --
    6 Zach Cunningham HOU ILB 142 99 43 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 2 0
    6 Jaylon Smith DAL MLB 142 83 59 2.5 -- 10 1 0 0 0 2 1 0
    8 Todd Davis DEN ILB 134 78 56 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
    8 Cory Littleton LA ILB 134 78 56 3.5 -- 11 2 0 32 26 2 4 0
    10 Joe Schobert CLE MLB 133 89 44 2.0 -- 13 4 0 24 20 2 1 0
    11 K.J. Wright SEA OLB 132 67 65 0.0 -- 14 3 0 10 11 0 -- --
    12 Eric Reid CAR SS 130 97 33 4.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 2 0
    13 De'Vondre Campbell ATL OLB 129 75 54 2.0 -- 7 2 0 -5 0 3 1 0
    14 Jerome Baker MIA OLB 126 76 50 1.5 -- 5 1 0 34 34 2 -- --
    15 Anthony Walker IND MLB 124 84 40 2.5 -- 3 1 0 0 0 1 -- --
    16 Lavonte David TB OLB 123 82 41 1.0 -- 8 1 0 26 26 3 1 0
    17 Darius Leonard IND OLB 121 71 50 5.0 0 12 5 1 92 80T 2 -- --
    18 Fred Warner SF MLB 118 89 29 3.0 0 10 1 1 46 46T 3 -- --
    19 Landon Collins WAS SS 117 78 39 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
    20 Tremaine Edmunds BUF MLB 115 66 49 1.5 1 10 1 0 0 0 0 --

    Seventeen of the  20 leading tacklers in the NFL were Linebackers.   12 of those are MLB/ILBs.  But they are no longer important.  Sure.  Keep thinking Butch. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    It is irony in many layers

    You drafted a lot of LBs and:

    - You didn't know what LB position distinctions were

    I knew the distinctions....I just didn't care about the cute little verbiage you gave to it. 

    - LBs are considered to be less important now. Like RBs on defense

    - They're more of an old school football team and you love living in the past on that stuff

    Now you are just showing your ignorance.   LInebackers still make most of the tackles. 

    And you are contradicting yourself.....if LB are so less important...then why does it matter what the distinctions are between them. 

    Here are the top  20 leading tacklers in the NFL:

    k Player Team Pos Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Lng FF Rec TD
    1 Bobby Wagner SEA MLB 159 86 73 3.0 -- 7 1 0 6 6 1 1 0
    2 Blake Martinez GB ILB 155 97 58 3.0 -- 3 1 0 22 22 1 -- --
    3 Jordan Hicks ARI MLB 150 93 57 1.5 -- 9 3 0 64 48 2 1 0
    4 Budda Baker ARI SS 147 104 43 0.5 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 1 0
    5 Luke Kuechly CAR MLB 144 81 63 0.0 1 14 2 0 26 25 0 -- --
    6 Zach Cunningham HOU ILB 142 99 43 2.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 2 0
    6 Jaylon Smith DAL MLB 142 83 59 2.5 -- 10 1 0 0 0 2 1 0
    8 Todd Davis DEN ILB 134 78 56 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 0 -- --
    8 Cory Littleton LA ILB 134 78 56 3.5 -- 11 2 0 32 26 2 4 0
    10 Joe Schobert CLE MLB 133 89 44 2.0 -- 13 4 0 24 20 2 1 0
    11 K.J. Wright SEA OLB 132 67 65 0.0 -- 14 3 0 10 11 0 -- --
    12 Eric Reid CAR SS 130 97 33 4.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 1 2 0
    13 De'Vondre Campbell ATL OLB 129 75 54 2.0 -- 7 2 0 -5 0 3 1 0
    14 Jerome Baker MIA OLB 126 76 50 1.5 -- 5 1 0 34 34 2 -- --
    15 Anthony Walker IND MLB 124 84 40 2.5 -- 3 1 0 0 0 1 -- --
    16 Lavonte David TB OLB 123 82 41 1.0 -- 8 1 0 26 26 3 1 0
    17 Darius Leonard IND OLB 121 71 50 5.0 0 12 5 1 92 80T 2 -- --
    18 Fred Warner SF MLB 118 89 29 3.0 0 10 1 1 46 46T 3 -- --
    19 Landon Collins WAS SS 117 78 39 1.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- 2 -- --
    20 Tremaine Edmunds BUF MLB 115 66 49 1.5 1 10 1 0 0 0 0 --

    Seventeen of the  20 leading tacklers in the NFL were Linebackers.   12 of those are MLB/ILBs.  But they are no longer important.  Sure.  Keep thinking Butch. 

    @the-gipper said:

    That is all very stupid. I am sorry. 

    The idea that distinguishing between weak, middle and strong side LBs means they're important is hilarious

    The idea that "more tackles = more important" is hilarious

  • @the-gipper said:

    That is all very stupid. I am sorry. 

    The idea that distinguishing between weak, middle and strong side LBs means they're important is hilarious

    The idea that "more tackles = more important" is hilarious

    @mld-woody said:

    That is all very stupid. I am sorry. 

    Well..you are very stupid...and you are a sorry sack of shit. 

    The idea that distinguishing between weak, middle and strong side LBs means they're important is hilarious

    Distinguishing between them is important.........but thinking that calling them  Henry, Willie and Sam is important is total  gooberism. I mean....why is it important to channel fucking Herman's Hermits songs when talking about them? 

    Second verse, same as the first. 

    The idea that "more tackles = more important" is hilarious

    Now, I can't tell if you are trying to be sarcastic......or if you are just really being a Jethro.    In case you had not heard, making tackles IS very important in the NFL....because if a tackle is not made, that means that the other team has scored a touchdown.  And it is important to trying to win to prevent the other team from scoring TDs by tackling them.   Or...hadn't you heard?    Seventeen of the  Top 20 leading tacklers in the NFL were linebackers.  (but, according to you they are not important)

  • Saying that LBs make the most tackles is as insightful as saying RBs get the most rushing yards.

  • Saying that LBs make the most tackles is as insightful as saying RBs get the most rushing yards.

    @tour2ma said:

    Saying that LBs make the most tackles is as insightful as saying RBs get the most rushing yards.

    Well....precisely....and the analogy Woody is using would be saying that RBs are not important to the rushing game. 

  • Our Board draft is over.   Free to merge all the pick threads together.  I would ask perhaps that the  Pick/team/position threads continue to be pinned until at least  a couple of days until  after the "real draft"....so that we can compare and contrast how we did here to the real draft. 

  • Great job Gipper being Commish

  • @tour2ma said:

    Saying that LBs make the most tackles is as insightful as saying RBs get the most rushing yards.

    Well....precisely....and the analogy Woody is using would be saying that RBs are not important to the rushing game. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....precisely....and the analogy Woody is using would be saying that RBs are not important to the rushing game. 

    Only in your mind...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....precisely....and the analogy Woody is using would be saying that RBs are not important to the rushing game. 

    Only in your mind...

    @tour2ma said:

    Only in your mind...

    Well.....again, precisely.....It is NOT in my mind that RBs are unimportant in the running game, and it is NOT in my mind that Linebackers are unimportant when it comes to making tackles on defense.   (but the latter fact IS in Woody's mind).