Browns Board Mock Draft
-
From the Round 1 thread...
Yes... and there will be more when Gip adds them for subsequent Rounds or Days. So page one here becomes "Pin City" for a while.
But as Rounds are completed they can be cast adrift.
And this thread is the one for comment. Really helps to keep chit-chat to a minimum in the threads where picks are made.
Oh, ok. I was just wondering why my Page 1 was all the sudden being completely overtaken by this mock draft.
As you can see, my cat was shocked! ?
Carry on, have fun boys!
Oh, ok. I was just wondering why my Page 1 was all the sudden being completely overtaken by this mock draft.
As you can see, my cat was shocked! ?
Carry on, have fun boys!
Yes, again, it is what we do every year.
-
Best available per CBS Sports (after 18 picks):
1. AJ Epenese Edge Iowa
2. Xavier McKinney Safety Alabama
3. Jordan Love QB Utah St.4. Yetur Gross-Matos Edge Penn St.
5. Kristian Fulton CB LSU6. Grant Delpit Safety LSU
7. Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
8. Kenneth Murray LB OK
9. Tee Higgins WR Clemson
10. Neville Gallimore DL OK
11. Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
12. Ross Blacklock DL TCU
-
I chose Jordan Love with pick 20 for the Jaguars.
This is a case of where I had wished that I could have made this pick later.......as I just have a feeling that the Jags may in fact want to take a hard look at Cam Newton when he is released. Or, they may have some interest in Jameis Winston.
Nevertheless I hedged my bets and figured that while the Jags may be OK to go with Gardner Minshew for a bit....they will want to groom a new rookie QB...IF they don't go the veteran route with Newton/Winston.
-
I chose Jordan Love with pick 20 for the Jaguars.
This is a case of where I had wished that I could have made this pick later.......as I just have a feeling that the Jags may in fact want to take a hard look at Cam Newton when he is released. Or, they may have some interest in Jameis Winston.
Nevertheless I hedged my bets and figured that while the Jags may be OK to go with Gardner Minshew for a bit....they will want to groom a new rookie QB...IF they don't go the veteran route with Newton/Winston.
I chose Jordan Love with pick 20 for the Jaguars.
Not even I can criticize this pick, Gip.... dammit...
With the Pats and Saints yet to pick, I don't see Love making it out of Round 1, so if you wanted him for the Jags, 20 was likely your last shot.
As for the rest... no one can get in an FO's head. Sometimes you read something here or there... sometimes you gain some fan insight hanging out at "your teams" forums... but you can never know.
Personally I don't see the vet route you mulled over, so I like the pick.
-
I chose Jordan Love with pick 20 for the Jaguars.
Not even I can criticize this pick, Gip.... dammit...
With the Pats and Saints yet to pick, I don't see Love making it out of Round 1, so if you wanted him for the Jags, 20 was likely your last shot.
As for the rest... no one can get in an FO's head. Sometimes you read something here or there... sometimes you gain some fan insight hanging out at "your teams" forums... but you can never know.
Personally I don't see the vet route you mulled over, so I like the pick.
Not even I can criticize this pick, Gip.... dammit...
With the Pats and Saints yet to pick, I don't see Love making it out of Round 1, so if you wanted him for the Jags, 20 was likely your last shot.
As for the rest... no one can get in an FO's head. Sometimes you read something here or there... sometimes you gain some fan insight hanging out at "your teams" forums... but you can never know.
Personally I don't see the vet route you mulled over, so I like the pick.
Well, if they had wanted Winston, I figured they would have done that deal already. So, I guess they don't want Winston. I don't know that they would want to run the risk of relying on Cam. Health being an issue which they cannot rightly check at this point. They have sent mixed messages I believe as to whether or not they are rebuilding...or what.
Of course, they may not go this route: JLove that is, as maybe they are in a Tank for Trevor mode. Though, maybe not. Like I said, mixed signals.
-
Not sure I agree that the Jags don't have a clear direction -- they signed Bridgewater and PJ Walker, and I'm calling it now: Walker will be the Panthers franchise. Walker was the college QB with the Jags coach, and he's... better than Love. We'll see of course, but I'm betting they shore up someplace else with a first-round resource.
Minshew was traded to Washington for a later-round pick.. may want to confirm we have that trade for our mock.
-
Not sure I agree that the Jags don't have a clear direction -- they signed Bridgewater and PJ Walker, and I'm calling it now: Walker will be the Panthers franchise. Walker was the college QB with the Jags coach, and he's... better than Love. We'll see of course, but I'm betting they shore up someplace else with a first-round resource.
Minshew was traded to Washington for a later-round pick.. may want to confirm we have that trade for our mock.
Not sure I agree that the Jags don't have a clear direction -- they signed Bridgewater and PJ Walker, and I'm calling it now: Walker will be the Panthers franchise. Walker was the college QB with the Jags coach, and he's... better than Love. We'll see of course, but I'm betting they shore up someplace else with a first-round resource.
Minshew was traded to Washington for a later-round pick.. may want to confirm we have that trade for our mock.
You are confusing the Jags with the Panthers.....I know, both big cats. Bridgewater and Walker now with Charlotte.
And it was Kyle Allen traded by Carolina to Washington......not Minshew by Jags
-
Not sure I agree that the Jags don't have a clear direction -- they signed Bridgewater and PJ Walker, and I'm calling it now: Walker will be the Panthers franchise. Walker was the college QB with the Jags coach, and he's... better than Love. We'll see of course, but I'm betting they shore up someplace else with a first-round resource.
Minshew was traded to Washington for a later-round pick.. may want to confirm we have that trade for our mock.
You are confusing the Jags with the Panthers.....I know, both big cats. Bridgewater and Walker now with Charlotte.
And it was Kyle Allen traded by Carolina to Washington......not Minshew by Jags
You are confusing the Jags with the Panthers.....I know, both big cats. Bridgewater and Walker now with Charlotte.
And it was Kyle Allen traded by Carolina to Washington......not Minshew by Jags
Aha, yep
-
Top Ten Available after pick 25 per CBS Sports:
1. AJ Epenese Edge Iowa
2. Grant Delpit Safety LSU3. Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
4. Tee Higgins WR Clemson5. Neville Gallimore DT Oklahoma6. Ross Blacklock DL TCU
7. AJ Terrell CB Clemson8. Justin Jefferson WR LSU9. Patrick Queen LB LSU
10. Zack Baun LB Wisconsin
11. Noah Igbinoghene CB Auburn
12. Brandon Aiyuk WR AZ St.
13. Jacob Eason QB Washington
-
I have a meeting from home via WebEx for work so I will be back around 4 pm to see if I am on clock
-
I have a meeting from home via WebEx for work so I will be back around 4 pm to see if I am on clock
-
You are on the clock now.
I am done ......sent message to flyinJ
-
Top Ten Available after completion of Round One per CBS Sports:
Top Ten Available after pick 25 per CBS Sports:
1. AJ Epenese Edge Iowa2. Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
3. Ross Blacklock DL TCU4. Patrick Queen LB LSU5. Zack Baun LB Wisconsin6. Noah Igbinoghene CB Auburn
7. Brandon Aiyuk WR AZ St.
8. Jacob Eason QB Washington
9. Bryce Hall CB Virginia10. Ashtyn Davis Safety Cal11. Denzel Mims WR Baylor
12. Julian Okwara Edge Notre Dame -
You guys, with your first two picks in round 2 stole the LBs I had in mind for the Browns.!!!
-
Feel free to give me the Texans if nobody wants them ...... I promise I wont go all Bill O'Brien and trade DeShaun Watson for a 7th round pick ....
-
darren, you may have missed that Seahawks earlier in that same day traded for PFF's overall #2 CB from the 2019 season from the Skins.. not sure they need to put a 1st-round into the mix at CB also since they have a lot of OL holes.. We'd be talking about this trade as the steal of the offseason if it wasn't for Bill O'brien's brain melting down
-
darren, you may have missed that Seahawks earlier in that same day traded for PFF's overall #2 CB from the 2019 season from the Skins.. not sure they need to put a 1st-round into the mix at CB also since they have a lot of OL holes.. We'd be talking about this trade as the steal of the offseason if it wasn't for Bill O'brien's brain melting down
darren, you may have missed that Seahawks earlier in that same day traded for PFF's overall #2 CB from the 2019 season from the Skins.. not sure they need to put a 1st-round into the mix at CB also since they have a lot of OL holes.. We'd be talking about this trade as the steal of the offseason if it wasn't for Bill O'brien's brain melting down
I didn't see that but they now have depth
-
darren, you may have missed that Seahawks earlier in that same day traded for PFF's overall #2 CB from the 2019 season from the Skins.. not sure they need to put a 1st-round into the mix at CB also since they have a lot of OL holes.. We'd be talking about this trade as the steal of the offseason if it wasn't for Bill O'brien's brain melting down
darren, you may have missed that Seahawks earlier in that same day traded for PFF's overall #2 CB from the 2019 season from the Skins.. not sure they need to put a 1st-round into the mix at CB also since they have a lot of OL holes.. We'd be talking about this trade as the steal of the offseason if it wasn't for Bill O'brien's brain melting down
I read this from Yahoo Sports ...... I can look at O line later, they also need pass rush too
The Seahawks don't technically have an immediate need on the offensive line following their four additions. However, Seattle would be wise to start planning for the future. Duane Brown will be 36 by the time Week 1 rolls around, and Brandon Shell figures to be a cheap stop-gap option at right tackle.
Should a tackle prospect that Seattle is fond of fall into the 20s in the draft, I think the Seahawks should strongly consider trading up to grab him. Brown would be the perfect mentor to a talented rookie as well.
-
@gumby73 said:
We have no GM for a Houston Texans 2nd round Pick...Any of you Texans care to jump in?..Ya can't do any worse than Bill O'Brian ?
I got it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login