Skip to content

Last night's debate

Political Discussion
39 11 719
  • I don't know how many of the members here plan to vote Democrat. I assume Tex and Tour, anyone else? JB? If so did anybody strike you as a viable candidate from last night's debate? Or if you are probably voting Republican which of that field would be the lesser of the evils?

    I think Tom "who the fuck is that guy?" Steyers has eliminated himself by being the only guy supporting reparations for slavery. You think you guys pander? Hold my beer...

    Neither of the women have enough Charisma to carry it off. Voters are sometimes superficial on either side but that's life.

    Mayor Pete tried to go to the center if only slightly but not one black person is going to vote for a gay man. His supporters can cry homophobia all they want but I don't think it would help. They have cried wolf too often

    Bernie is Bernie. I think it was unfair that he got booed for stating the Castro upgraded the literacy in Cuba. He did. Still I think that will only hurt him among moderates and right-wingers who aren't voting for him anyway.

    Poor old crazy Joe shot himself in the foot again by bragging about working on the Paris Accord, which is stupid in the first place, with a dead Chinese leader. Also bragging about your bud Obama's accomplishments seems a little bit weak since Obama refuses to endorse him. Maybe he didn't properly fetch the coffee? And promising to narrow his Supreme Court search to black women? Come on Joe.

    Bloomberg came off a lot better this time than last. They tried to attack him for some of his possibly sexist or racist or whatever stuff but I don't think most people really care about that. And he didn't really try to back down or weasel out.

    I guess if I had to live with one of them as president it would be Bloomberg followed by mayor Pete. Though it would be a hoot to see what happened if Bernie actually slipped in.

    I do wonder if the candidate will pick a centerist for a vice president or go Full Tilt to the left?

    Gentleman what are your thoughts? And can we try to refrain from just attacking each other?

    WSS

  • They're all bad.

  • I don't know how many of the members here plan to vote Democrat. I assume Tex and Tour, anyone else? JB? If so did anybody strike you as a viable candidate from last night's debate? Or if you are probably voting Republican which of that field would be the lesser of the evils?

    I think Tom "who the fuck is that guy?" Steyers has eliminated himself by being the only guy supporting reparations for slavery. You think you guys pander? Hold my beer...

    Neither of the women have enough Charisma to carry it off. Voters are sometimes superficial on either side but that's life.

    Mayor Pete tried to go to the center if only slightly but not one black person is going to vote for a gay man. His supporters can cry homophobia all they want but I don't think it would help. They have cried wolf too often

    Bernie is Bernie. I think it was unfair that he got booed for stating the Castro upgraded the literacy in Cuba. He did. Still I think that will only hurt him among moderates and right-wingers who aren't voting for him anyway.

    Poor old crazy Joe shot himself in the foot again by bragging about working on the Paris Accord, which is stupid in the first place, with a dead Chinese leader. Also bragging about your bud Obama's accomplishments seems a little bit weak since Obama refuses to endorse him. Maybe he didn't properly fetch the coffee? And promising to narrow his Supreme Court search to black women? Come on Joe.

    Bloomberg came off a lot better this time than last. They tried to attack him for some of his possibly sexist or racist or whatever stuff but I don't think most people really care about that. And he didn't really try to back down or weasel out.

    I guess if I had to live with one of them as president it would be Bloomberg followed by mayor Pete. Though it would be a hoot to see what happened if Bernie actually slipped in.

    I do wonder if the candidate will pick a centerist for a vice president or go Full Tilt to the left?

    Gentleman what are your thoughts? And can we try to refrain from just attacking each other?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     And can we try to refrain from just attacking each other?

    WSS

    That's like asking the Dem candidates to refrain from attacking each other.

    I don't see a lesser evil. If there was ever a case made for an honest democrat (sounds like an oxymoron I know) staying home and not voting, this is the one.

  • The biggest loser was anyone who watched the whole debate. It was a chaotic mess. I could only watch a little bit.

    They were all ridiculously pandering for the black vote. I was waiting for one of them to pull a Hillary Clinton and say "I don't feel no ways tired". 

  • https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/26/5-takeaways-from-the-democratic-debate-in-south-carolina/23934415/

    I'm not sure if this link will be good for those who aren't on AOL.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/26/5-takeaways-from-the-democratic-debate-in-south-carolina/23934415/

    I'm not sure if this link will be good for those who aren't on AOL.

    WSS

    I just upgraded to a 28000 baud modem. 

  • They're all bad.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They're all bad.

    I agree with the exception of Amy. I may be going to vote against Trump in the Rep primary for whomever looks like the have the best chance to oust him. ??

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They're all bad.

    I agree with the exception of Amy. I may be going to vote against Trump in the Rep primary for whomever looks like the have the best chance to oust him. ??

    @texasag1969 said:

    I agree with the exception of Amy. I may be going to vote against Trump in the Rep primary for whomever looks like the have the best chance to oust him. ??

    It would make more sense if you just came out of the closet registered Democrat and voted for the candidate you thought would have the best chance in the general. He's not going to lose the primary and nobody gives a fuck what one disgruntled redneck thanks. Really.

    WSS

  • Speaking to a South Carolina crowd just days before the state's primary election, former Vice President Joe Biden mistakenly told the audience he was a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate.

    Vote for the other Biden...lol

  • They're all bad.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They're all bad.

    Tomi Lahren   "Debate was like a nursing home cafeteria that ran out of Jell-O"

  • Bloomberg was a Republican, then switched to an Independent, now running as a Democrat.

    All he needs to do now is switch to the Libertarian Party, and he's hit for the cycle.

  • Influential House Democrat calls chaotic South Carolina debate a ‘disgrace’

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/influential-house-democrat-south-carolina-debate

    Democratic Rep. Debbie Dingell of Michigan called the fiery debate in South Carolina overnight a "disgrace" and chided the Democratic candidates for trying to destroy each other rather than debate the issues.

    “It was a disgrace," Dingell, who has deep ties in the Democratic Party and in swing-state Michigan, said Wednesday. "It was a circular firing squad. They're forgetting about what we need to be focused on.

    "They're contributing to the fear and hatred in this country. I’m sure Russia and China were delighted at their performance."

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I agree with the exception of Amy. I may be going to vote against Trump in the Rep primary for whomever looks like the have the best chance to oust him. ??

    It would make more sense if you just came out of the closet registered Democrat and voted for the candidate you thought would have the best chance in the general. He's not going to lose the primary and nobody gives a fuck what one disgruntled redneck thanks. Really.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    It would make more sense if you just came out of the closet registered Democrat and voted for the candidate you thought would have the best chance in the general. He's not going to lose the primary and nobody gives a fuck what one disgruntled redneck thanks. Really.

    WSS

    LOL! All the rednecks down here vote for your Confederate president, not Dems. The South has risen again!?

  • @westside-steve said:

    It would make more sense if you just came out of the closet registered Democrat and voted for the candidate you thought would have the best chance in the general. He's not going to lose the primary and nobody gives a fuck what one disgruntled redneck thanks. Really.

    WSS

    LOL! All the rednecks down here vote for your Confederate president, not Dems. The South has risen again!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! All the rednecks down here vote for your Confederate president, not Dems. The South has risen again!?

    Hey you have Austin and places like that and you've got a lot of may he cans.

    WSS

  • 577374-image_1.gif?fbclid=IwAR3P4axZ2T2S

  • CCC289C9-7F5D-4DD9-81DC-87444E562B51.jpeg

  • 87376495_2783778291715750_57091884476174

  • AxeA Axe

    577374-image_1.gif?fbclid=IwAR3P4axZ2T2S

    @axe said:

    577374-image_1.gif?fbclid=IwAR3P4axZ2T2S

    I found exactly what grows on the magic tree, free money!!!!!  ?

     
    zero-cents-1-280x175.jpg

     

  • https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/02/25/cbs_news_instant_poll_democratic_voters_who_watched_debate_say_sanders_impressed_them_most.html

    No surprises but real clear politics is usually... Well you know. But it's not really their story

    WSS