That stupid South Korean movie
-
The Parasite Oscar
Hey gang I had a few responses via email and Facebook chastising me for not giving the South Korean film parasite enough respect. Allow me to reiterate my opposition. I have nothing against South Korea, and I realize there’s a huge portion of the world that does not speak English. But there’s already an International Film category and that’s where PARASITE belongs. GAME OF THRONES was a great television series but I don’t think it should be nominated for best picture either. (Johnny Bench was a great professional athlete but I don’t think he should be in the Football Hall of Fame.) I realize sometime the Academy likes to do things to piss off conservatives but besides the fact they have missed the point completely this kind of behavior cheapens the award itself. Also, just from an artistic standpoint if the audience has to focus on subtitles, they obviously cannot focus on the actual actors which should be a key point of any film.
Still thank you for your responses and remember if you want to comment I’m at [email protected]. You can follow me at Westside Steve Simmons on Facebook.
WSS -
You can see my review of it that I did on your behalf on here.
-
You can see my review of it that I did on your behalf on here.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login