Skip to content

Schedule Speculation

The Browns Board
17 6 553
  • C. How are they supposed to determine the Home/Away situation?   With  17 games.....some teams will have  9 home and 8 away, and some will have 8 home and 9 away.   And does anyone know what the factors are in how that 17th game will be matched up?

    Here is one possible solution:    Have that 17th game be  a "Neutral Site" game!  It would not surprise me with the league's desire to "grow the game internationally, that that is what they could/or should do

    The games in London, Mexico.....They could have a game in a couple of Canadian cities:  Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver.  Japan?  Spain?  Germany?  

    Why not? 

    Or, even neutral site games here in Non NFL cities?  (less likely...no home revenues from parking concessions etc. )

  • I believe the seven team playoff can and will begin right away. Three games each Saturday and Sunday on Wildcard Weekend and two games each Saturday and Sunday on Divisional Weekend - which is no change, obviously. 

    I believe the 17 game regular season will commence in 2021 and will shave the preseason down to three games. In the seasons when teams get nine home games, I predict they teams will play one home preseason game. When they have eight home games they will play two preseason games at home. 10 total home games between preseason and regular season and part of the symmetry mentioned is maintained. 

  • Here is the Browns opponents this coming year.  Schedule TBA:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the Browns opponents this coming year.  Schedule TBA:

    • Home..... besides our normal division opponents not too tough a schedule H/A. Maybe 6 wins plus 3+ division (subject to many changes)?
    • Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Redskins
    • Las Vegas Raiders ......this year's draft city vs next year's draft city ?
    • IF they do play that Thursday night just before the Centennial Hall of Fame Induction ceremony as part of those proceedings....which of these home opponents would be the right team to play that game? (I personally would NOT want it to be a division game. 
  • Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

  • Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

    @browns149 said:

    Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

    ??????

  • @browns149 said:

    Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

    ??????

    @the-gipper said:

    ??????

    I’ve heard it discussed on ESPN. So it must be true?

  • Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

    @browns149 said:

    Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

    One year they had two bye weeks and it was hated by players and fans and a nightmare for weather cancelled or postponed games.......which happened.

    My vote NO on both 17 games and two bye weeks.    (oh possibly for sale at the right price. 😆)

  • @browns149 said:

    Will there be 2 bye weeks with 17 games?

    One year they had two bye weeks and it was hated by players and fans and a nightmare for weather cancelled or postponed games.......which happened.

    My vote NO on both 17 games and two bye weeks.    (oh possibly for sale at the right price. 😆)

    @mjp28 said:

    One year they had two bye weeks and it was hated by players and fans and a nightmare for weather cancelled or postponed games.......which happened.

    My vote NO on both 17 games and two bye weeks.    (oh possibly for sale at the right price. 😆)

    There WILL be 17 games.   The CBA will pass.  I am just wondering why it is taking so damned long for them to vote on it.  But, I agree:  No to the 2 byes.   Again, this is all info that has not come out.   The players and owners only seem to worry about how to split their billions...something fans don't and can't give a rats ass about.    But something that does affect the fans, like these scheduling matters, they give short attention to. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    One year they had two bye weeks and it was hated by players and fans and a nightmare for weather cancelled or postponed games.......which happened.

    My vote NO on both 17 games and two bye weeks.    (oh possibly for sale at the right price. 😆)

    There WILL be 17 games.   The CBA will pass.  I am just wondering why it is taking so damned long for them to vote on it.  But, I agree:  No to the 2 byes.   Again, this is all info that has not come out.   The players and owners only seem to worry about how to split their billions...something fans don't and can't give a rats ass about.    But something that does affect the fans, like these scheduling matters, they give short attention to. 

    @the-gipper said:

    There WILL be 17 games.   The CBA will pass.  I am just wondering why it is taking so damned long for them to vote on it.  But, I agree:  No to the 2 byes.   Again, this is all info that has not come out.   The players and owners only seem to worry about how to split their billions...something fans don't and can't give a rats ass about.    But something that does affect the fans, like these scheduling matters, they give short attention to. 

    From a deal breaker to a "show me the money" argument on how to cut the Benjamin's pie ?

    I still can't believe it's a good idea...... and the bidding starts at $xxx,xxx.   😆

  • @mjp28 said:

    One year they had two bye weeks and it was hated by players and fans and a nightmare for weather cancelled or postponed games.......which happened.

    My vote NO on both 17 games and two bye weeks.    (oh possibly for sale at the right price. 😆)

    There WILL be 17 games.   The CBA will pass.  I am just wondering why it is taking so damned long for them to vote on it.  But, I agree:  No to the 2 byes.   Again, this is all info that has not come out.   The players and owners only seem to worry about how to split their billions...something fans don't and can't give a rats ass about.    But something that does affect the fans, like these scheduling matters, they give short attention to. 

    @the-gipper said:

    There WILL be 17 games.   The CBA will pass.  I am just wondering why it is taking so damned long for them to vote on it.  But, I agree:  No to the 2 byes.   Again, this is all info that has not come out.   The players and owners only seem to worry about how to split their billions...something fans don't and can't give a rats ass about.    But something that does affect the fans, like these scheduling matters, they give short attention to. 

    Gip, not so sure the new CBA will pass. Plenty of big name players- Watt, Rodgers are dead against it. I believe they have until Thursday for an up or down vote- a simple majority yes, and it's in. 

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105492/article/players-weighing-in-on-their-stances-with-cba-vote

  • @the-gipper said:

    There WILL be 17 games.   The CBA will pass.  I am just wondering why it is taking so damned long for them to vote on it.  But, I agree:  No to the 2 byes.   Again, this is all info that has not come out.   The players and owners only seem to worry about how to split their billions...something fans don't and can't give a rats ass about.    But something that does affect the fans, like these scheduling matters, they give short attention to. 

    Gip, not so sure the new CBA will pass. Plenty of big name players- Watt, Rodgers are dead against it. I believe they have until Thursday for an up or down vote- a simple majority yes, and it's in. 

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105492/article/players-weighing-in-on-their-stances-with-cba-vote

    @hoorta said:

    Gip, not so sure the new CBA will pass. Plenty of big name players- Watt, Rodgers are dead against it. I believe they have until Thursday for an up or down vote- a simple majority yes, and it's in. 

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105492/article/players-weighing-in-on-their-stances-with-cba-vote

    I hear that a few of the high priced players are against it.....but in this agreement apparently it gives a huge salary boost to the rank and file NFL players who make up 80% of the league. In fact, I am hearing that there may even be quite a lot of resentment by those rank and file against the high priced players because of their stance. 

  • Here is the Browns opponents this coming year.  Schedule TBA:

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the Browns opponents this coming year.  Schedule TBA:

    Assuming that we shore up the OL....and bring in enough 'real' football players so that we can field a competitive defense.....then we CAN win 10 games this season.  Of course we could go 6-10 again.