Skip to content

Strange movies you actually enjoyed.

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
15 4 348
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Somebody mention Buckaroo Banzai?

    WSS

  • Somebody mention Buckaroo Banzai?

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #7

    @westside-steve said:

    Buckaroo Banzai

    lol... never made it thru that one, but it brought to mind Reno Williams...

    ... which had Joel Grey in it playing an old Chinese man...

    ... which brought to mind Tony Randal...

    ... who did the same thing in Seven Faces of Dr. Lao...

    ... which may have been the 1st "strange movie" I ever saw...

    ... which brings us to Kevin Bacon! Or not...

    However, also actually did bring to mind Mickey Rooney... but that portrayal is a bridge too far...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #8

    Meanwhile on a much shorter glide path...

    Strange movies =======> Strange Days... early Ralph Finnes work...

    Not a great movie, but kinda strange...

  • Meanwhile on a much shorter glide path...

    Strange movies =======> Strange Days... early Ralph Finnes work...

    Not a great movie, but kinda strange...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a great movie, but kinda strange...

    ... and in that vein... Videodrome... although it passes "kinda strange" early and never looks back.

    Honestly don't remember much of it besides the basic plot line, early James Whatshisname(?)... tall thin actor with acne scarring... and "Blondie" getting burned...

    Damn.... not Spader... not Caan... shit... I gotta look... and it's Woods. Never really a fan so no real reason to remember his name I guess.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Don't forget Christopher Nolan's memento.

    WSS

  • Don't forget Christopher Nolan's memento.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @westside-steve said:

    Don't forget Christopher Nolan's memento.

    Guy Pearce's best work.... I really liked this movie a lot until I started noticing the times when Guy's character "remembers" something he shouldn't have... like where he parked...

    I should have stopped watching it after the 3rd time... 🙂

  • @westside-steve said:

    Don't forget Christopher Nolan's memento.

    Guy Pearce's best work.... I really liked this movie a lot until I started noticing the times when Guy's character "remembers" something he shouldn't have... like where he parked...

    I should have stopped watching it after the 3rd time... 🙂

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @tour2ma said:

    Guy Pearce's best work.... I really liked this movie a lot until I started noticing the times when Guy's character "remembers" something he shouldn't have... like where he parked...

    I should have stopped watching it after the 3rd time... 🙂

    On the other hand I was not nearly as intrigued by Inception 

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #13

    I hear ya... two very different size movies... two very different impact routes...

    One story-telling based with a fascinating, even challenging, timeline...

    The other visually overpowering... especially on the big screen... with an novel plot...

    Inception isn't one of those must-watch stops when channel-surfing...

    Memento used to be... but I watched it one time too many and admiring the craft that went into it gave way to seeing flaws.

    Hmmm sounds like a thread...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    What was that movie based I think on an Anthony Burgess novel about the cockroaches?  

    It was definitely a weird movie.....but, to me, not in a good way. 

  • What was that movie based I think on an Anthony Burgess novel about the cockroaches?  

    It was definitely a weird movie.....but, to me, not in a good way. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    What was that movie based I think on an Anthony Burgess novel about the cockroaches?  

    It was definitely a weird movie.....but, to me, not in a good way. 

    My favorite movie, Ive seene at 60 times at least. A Clockwork Orange.

    Thank God the publishers snipped off Burgess' Final Chapter which stinks and ruins the book.

    WSS