Skip to content

JC Tretter Elected New NFLPA President

The Browns Board
18 12 387 1
  • Can’t really say if that’s good or bad, but good for him. While I miss Alex Mack, Tretter’s been very solid and seems to be a really good dude. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @comeonman said:

    Can’t really say if that’s good or bad, but good for him. While I miss Alex Mack, Tretter’s been very solid and seems to be a really good dude. 

    Alex Mack was voted in a Treasurer of the NFLPA!!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #8

    Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

  • Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tour2ma said:

    Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    Yeah...but apparently HE wanted to be the rep.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    Yeah...but apparently HE wanted to be the rep.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @orion said:

    Yeah...but apparently HE wanted to be the rep.

    Ergo the degree in labor relations 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Tretter is taking care of his long term future beyond football. This was a good decision by him to utilize his other talents.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I heard a little about the guy this morning that I honestly had no idea about until now. Turns out he's a Cornell grad with a major of industrial labor relations.Everyone says this dude's intelligence just blows you out of the water when you talk to the guy. Pretty cool all around.

  • I heard a little about the guy this morning that I honestly had no idea about until now. Turns out he's a Cornell grad with a major of industrial labor relations.Everyone says this dude's intelligence just blows you out of the water when you talk to the guy. Pretty cool all around.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @jrb12711 said:

    I heard a little about the guy this morning that I honestly had no idea about until now. Turns out he's a Cornell grad with a major of industrial labor relations.Everyone says this dude's intelligence just blows you out of the water when you talk to the guy. Pretty cool all around.

    Well, I told you all that in my OP.  Hello!

  • Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    It's about trust and respect. Clearly, he has both in the players eyes and ears. 

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Well deserved! Congrats J.C.Tretter! 

    GO BROWNS!!!! ✌??

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Apparently Tretter majored in labor relations or something like that at Cornell, so he being named as President of the Players Association makes sense. 

  • Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tour2ma said:

    Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    Sounds like a good career move to me. You think those DTs are gonna be extra feisty going against their union president? I think not. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Can you say distraction?

    Personally I'd rather our OL signal caller had nothing to do with repping team in the NFLPA let alone serving as it's President.

    Sounds like a good career move to me. You think those DTs are gonna be extra feisty going against their union president? I think not. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #18

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Sounds like a good career move to me. You think those DTs are gonna be extra feisty going against their union president? I think not. 

    or.... that DT's effort could depend on how much they agree with results he gets. 😉

    I think folks are underestimating the time involved in rep'ing a team let alone heading up the union.