Skip to content

No Other Sports Going On

The Browns Board
59 18 1.6k
  • With no sports to watch or go to, looks like you're all going to have nothing to do now but talk to your wives and kids.

    godspeed-spider-man-1.gif.2f6db0068044a4c06cd6526a9d9794c7.gif

  • no other sports? Fishing season real soon, camping season real soon, campfires around the firepit season already...

    still thinking about a small camper for out west - we love camping in our tent , but not at100 degrees F....

    air conditioning would be good in real hot weather....

    the other sport is groundhog skeet. That's a team sport.

  • no other sports? Fishing season real soon, camping season real soon, campfires around the firepit season already...

    still thinking about a small camper for out west - we love camping in our tent , but not at100 degrees F....

    air conditioning would be good in real hot weather....

    the other sport is groundhog skeet. That's a team sport.

    @calfoxwc said:

    no other sports? Fishing season real soon, camping season real soon, campfires around the firepit season already...

    still thinking about a small camper for out west - we love camping in our tent , but not at100 degrees F....

    air conditioning would be good in real hot weather....

    the other sport is groundhog skeet. That's a team sport.

    Great way to wait out this thing !!!!

    Meanwhile we have an 14' x 22' covered deck on the back of our house with cable TV, phone, stereo, all of the comforts of home overlooking our big backyard.

    Formerly used for NFL, MLB and other sports but nice for watching movies in the afternoon and evening.

    A big 3 burner Nat Gas grill for grilling steaks, chicken, ribs, whatever and even installed a whole house backup generator in 2018 to rough it out in bad weather.

    Ahhhhhh, self quarantine isn't so bad after all.    😁

  • no other sports? Fishing season real soon, camping season real soon, campfires around the firepit season already...

    still thinking about a small camper for out west - we love camping in our tent , but not at100 degrees F....

    air conditioning would be good in real hot weather....

    the other sport is groundhog skeet. That's a team sport.

    @calfoxwc said:

    no other sports? Fishing season real soon, camping season real soon, campfires around the firepit season already...

    still thinking about a small camper for out west - we love camping in our tent , but not at100 degrees F....

    air conditioning would be good in real hot weather....

    the other sport is groundhog skeet. That's a team sport.

    Fishing and camping are not sports....unless you compete on like the Bass Masters tour. 

    Shooting certainly can be...if you are in some kind of competition.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    No 

    Wrong again...

  • @the-gipper said:

    No 

    Wrong again...

    @tour2ma said:

    Wrong again...

    Yes, you are. 

    Oh, wait,   you're still mad because I got it wrong that I thought Brandon Weeden didn't start that first game of  his rookie season. 

    So, you are right....I was wrong once.  And you have never gotten over it. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I saw documentary on television that believes that the so called 'spanish flu' actually started at an army base in the United states during WW1.

    First cases were in mainland US, and it ended up being called the Spanish Flu because during the WWI it was the only country reporting it's evolution, as other countries taking part in the war almost didn't give any notice about it. 

    @nero said:

    First cases were in mainland US, and it ended up being called the Spanish Flu because during the WWI it was the only country reporting it's evolution, as other countries taking part in the war almost didn't give any notice about it. 

    Intentionally... none of the warring countries wanted to show weakness to their foe(s). So their own populations paid the price.

    One of the bigger prices was paid by Philadelphia after allowing a scheduled parade to happen. The spike in transmission rate and deaths was one of the biggest in the States.

  • @nero said:

    First cases were in mainland US, and it ended up being called the Spanish Flu because during the WWI it was the only country reporting it's evolution, as other countries taking part in the war almost didn't give any notice about it. 

    Intentionally... none of the warring countries wanted to show weakness to their foe(s). So their own populations paid the price.

    One of the bigger prices was paid by Philadelphia after allowing a scheduled parade to happen. The spike in transmission rate and deaths was one of the biggest in the States.

    @tour2ma said:

    Intentionally... none of the warring countries wanted to show weakness to their foe(s). So their own populations paid the price.

    One of the bigger prices was paid by Philadelphia after allowing a scheduled parade to happen. The spike in transmission rate and deaths was one of the biggest in the States.

    Ever watch those old B&W WWI or WWII war shows, there was some brutal "stuff" going on there.   Especially the WWI trench warfare followed by the packed troop ships going home. Perfect for creating and spreading a pandemic virus.

    We finally are paying attention to history and trying not to repeat it......I hope.

  • Not too much on WWI, but I did see the PBS show on the 1918 flu you mentioned. It's where I got the info I posted above.

  • Not too much on WWI, but I did see the PBS show on the 1918 flu you mentioned. It's where I got the info I posted above.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not too much on WWI, but I did see the PBS show on the 1918 flu you mentioned. It's where I got the info I posted above.

    In the WWI footage our doughboys were packed into the ships like sardines in a hot can which spread like wildfire and then they went home.

    BTW the 1919 influenza outbreak was much worse than the current one except that in the present one it is new, nobody has ever had it before, no antibodies have been built up.

    The only good thing about this is that hopefully we will be more educated about airborne and other diseases in the future.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Intentionally... none of the warring countries wanted to show weakness to their foe(s). So their own populations paid the price.

    One of the bigger prices was paid by Philadelphia after allowing a scheduled parade to happen. The spike in transmission rate and deaths was one of the biggest in the States.

    Ever watch those old B&W WWI or WWII war shows, there was some brutal "stuff" going on there.   Especially the WWI trench warfare followed by the packed troop ships going home. Perfect for creating and spreading a pandemic virus.

    We finally are paying attention to history and trying not to repeat it......I hope.

    @mjp28 said:

    Ever watch those old B&W WWI or WWII war shows, there was some brutal "stuff" going on there.   Especially the WWI trench warfare followed by the packed troop ships going home. Perfect for creating and spreading a pandemic virus.

    We finally are paying attention to history and trying not to repeat it......I hope.

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Ever watch those old B&W WWI or WWII war shows, there was some brutal "stuff" going on there.   Especially the WWI trench warfare followed by the packed troop ships going home. Perfect for creating and spreading a pandemic virus.

    We finally are paying attention to history and trying not to repeat it......I hope.

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

    @the-gipper said:

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

    chemical.

  • https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coronavirus-and-the-sun-a-lesson-from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065

    Oddly enough l read this just yesterday about the benefits of sunlight and fresh air relative to both 1918 and today. Viruses don’t fare so well in heat and sunlight. Certainly not modern medicine, but cheap and available some days.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

    chemical.

    @calfoxwc said:

    chemical.

    And a worldwide ban after WWI never to use again....... unless you are a dictator from Iran or other bad guys.

    ......or a former dead one from Iraq.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Ever watch those old B&W WWI or WWII war shows, there was some brutal "stuff" going on there.   Especially the WWI trench warfare followed by the packed troop ships going home. Perfect for creating and spreading a pandemic virus.

    We finally are paying attention to history and trying not to repeat it......I hope.

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

    @the-gipper said:

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

    Technically that falls under chemical warfare.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, they were using mustard gas etc.   Isn't that  a form of biological warfare? 

    Technically that falls under chemical warfare.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Technically that falls under chemical warfare.

    Well,  my son is getting his PhD in Biochemistry in May....so there MUST be some connection, No?  😆😎

  • it snowed in Portland today

  • it snowed in Portland today

    @atom said:

    it snowed in Portland today

    It snowed in here  NEOhio today as well.

    It IS still winter you know. 

  • @atom said:

    it snowed in Portland today

    It snowed in here  NEOhio today as well.

    It IS still winter you know. 

    @the-gipper said:

    It snowed in here  NEOhio today as well.

    It IS still winter you know. 

    It was sleeting here in Wv today

    It was 71 Thursday 

  • is there something wrong in this today