Skip to content

Conklin signs with Cleveland

The Browns Board
43 19 934
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #21

    You take BPA Aside from WR, RB, QB at 10.  Top 15 in the draft the mentality should be landing Pro Bowl talent not just finding starters filling gaps.  
     

    Conklin signing allows that to happen.

    They May have determined a Tackle is the BPA but I wouldn’t pass on a great defensive talent rated higher.  These tackles just don’t excite me.  

    ive never endorsed trade downs...but I hope one of these top QBs slides in our spot and we get a team that gets aggressive and sends us a pick.

    God forbid but we may need the ammo if Baker ain’t it for a shot at a 21 QB 

  • You take BPA Aside from WR, RB, QB at 10.  Top 15 in the draft the mentality should be landing Pro Bowl talent not just finding starters filling gaps.  
     

    Conklin signing allows that to happen.

    They May have determined a Tackle is the BPA but I wouldn’t pass on a great defensive talent rated higher.  These tackles just don’t excite me.  

    ive never endorsed trade downs...but I hope one of these top QBs slides in our spot and we get a team that gets aggressive and sends us a pick.

    God forbid but we may need the ammo if Baker ain’t it for a shot at a 21 QB 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @sdbacker80 said:

    You take BPA Aside from WR, RB, QB at 10.  Top 15 in the draft the mentality should be landing Pro Bowl talent not just finding starters filling gaps.  

    That is probably fair, given that the BPA may also "fill a gap". 
     

    Conklin signing allows that to happen.

    They May have determined a Tackle is the BPA but I wouldn’t pass on a great defensive talent rated higher.

    ive never endorsed trade downs...but I hope one of these top QBs slides in our spot and we get a team that gets aggressive and sends us a pick.

    How far would you be willing to drop....and who would you drop to pick up?

    God forbid but we may need the ammo if Baker ain’t it for a shot at a 21 QB 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    You take BPA Aside from WR, RB, QB at 10.  Top 15 in the draft the mentality should be landing Pro Bowl talent not just finding starters filling gaps.  

    That is probably fair, given that the BPA may also "fill a gap". 
     

    Conklin signing allows that to happen.

    They May have determined a Tackle is the BPA but I wouldn’t pass on a great defensive talent rated higher.

    ive never endorsed trade downs...but I hope one of these top QBs slides in our spot and we get a team that gets aggressive and sends us a pick.

    How far would you be willing to drop....and who would you drop to pick up?

    God forbid but we may need the ammo if Baker ain’t it for a shot at a 21 QB 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @the-gipper said:

    Picks 12 to 16 all need QBs it will get interesting to see one may try to jump another to land “their guy”. Thinking Love or maybe Herbert.

    i think some of these tackles consistently mentioned in the top 12 will slide too.  
     

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT so maybe we are going for defensive help early on.

  • I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT so maybe we are going for defensive help early on.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT so maybe we are going for defensive help early on.

    Damn... wish I'd thought of that...

    Oh, wait... 😉

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #26

    THIS, is a good move.. Options, are a good thing 😉

  • I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT so maybe we are going for defensive help early on.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT so maybe we are going for defensive help early on.

    He may have the ability, but I do not think that is the prime option for him.    No Optimus Prime he. 

    transformers-optimus-darkmoon-city-700x3

  • I'd guess they want him for RT....but he's a lot money.   We'll have to hear from the Browns.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @orion said:

    I'd guess they want him for RT....but he's a lot money.   We'll have to hear from the Browns.

    I like it. Big move, yea. Conk will be a great Browns' RT. TE dearth taken care of. QB depth. Go LT at 10?

     Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (6-5, 315 pounds)

    Thomas matches his great size with good hands and footwork. He was an anchor of the Bulldogs' run blocking, helping to open some holes for the best backs in the nation. He also can move to win battles with athleticism.

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Conklin makes sense if this is a run "heavy" team.  Judging by last years numbers we will likely be just that.

    https://fftoday.com/stats/19_run_pass_ratios.html

  • AxeA Axe

    THIS, is a good move.. Options, are a good thing 😉

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by Icecube
    #30

    @axe said:

    THIS, is a good move.. Options, are a good thing 😉

    Take the best LT available in the draft, OL fixed. Oh and add an OG as well. 

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I still think we ended up trading for Trent ........ 

  • @axe said:

    THIS, is a good move.. Options, are a good thing 😉

    Take the best LT available in the draft, OL fixed. Oh and add an OG as well. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @icecube said:

    Take the best LT available, OL fixed. Oh and add an OG as well. 

    "Have no fear. Those RG fatties are a dime a dozen"-Ghoolie

  • I still think we ended up trading for Trent ........ 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @darren15 said:

    I still think we ended up trading for Trent ........ 

    I see no point.  Why trade and take on further money when you can draft a promising rookie on the cheap with an eye towards long term?

  • I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT so maybe we are going for defensive help early on.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @texasag1969 said:

    I was thinking Conklin has the ability to plat LT

    Nice that he can be moved over there relatively seamlessly if needed.... 

  • B Bigalow80 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    The Browns at least now have options. They can go a number of different ways when it comes to trading or drafting. I think the browns have their eyes on 2 specific players in this draft that they think they can get at 10 if everything falls in their favor: One of the LT prospects (I don't know who) or Isaiah Simmons. I think if the draft goes a certain direction all options could be on the table. If the chargers get Brady, they aren't taking a qb. The cardinals probably aren't taking a WR in the top 10 anymore and the Colts are no longer a threat to trade up for a qb. This could mean the Brown could be in a position to trade down with a team like TB, NE, JAX or MIA. Options is the name of the game and they have those now. They could also trade with WASH for Williams and try to draft and develop a guy later in the draft. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Brian Bulaga,  still available as FA.....is he a guy we could consider at LT   (or is he basically  RT?)

  • Brian Bulaga,  still available as FA.....is he a guy we could consider at LT   (or is he basically  RT?)

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    Brian Bulaga,  still available as FA.....is he a guy we could consider at LT   (or is he basically  RT?)

    Whale of a player they say. ?

    t_500x300

    Beluga whale

    Species of whale

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    In more ways than one:

    5538b865684c5.image.jpg?crop=449,449,0,8

    The Great White Whale..    

    BUT....everything I see of him says he is pretty much a Right Tackle...not Left.

  • In more ways than one:

    5538b865684c5.image.jpg?crop=449,449,0,8

    The Great White Whale..    

    BUT....everything I see of him says he is pretty much a Right Tackle...not Left.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @the-gipper said:

    In more ways than one:

    5538b865684c5.image.jpg?crop=449,449,0,8

    The Great White Whale..    

    BUT....everything I see of him says he is pretty much a Right Tackle...not Left.

    With the Browns luck they will sign Capt. Ahab to coach him up.?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Conklin played LT at MSU. Of his 39 starts 35 were at LT... 4 at RT.

    When he arrived at Titans' Camp Lewan was already a fixture at LT.

    So I think we can put any concerns of him being able to flip to rest.