Skip to content

Berry Bashers?..GO TO HELL!!

The Browns Board
34 18 1.3k
  • Steps are being made to assist in taking the offense to the next level?
    It would be great to secure a LT in the first round. But it’s going to be tricky waiting at 10 for “their guy” 

  • We've Cleveland... we have to overpay...

    @tour2ma said:

    We've Cleveland... we have to overpay...

    Man, maybe this could go on the left side of the helmet while your other one goes on the right? 

  • @mudfly said:

    It's a great 1st day....but there is a LOT of work to do and a draft that still needs to happen.....

    Today we added depth to QB....upgraded one position we were"ok" at ......and filled one true hole at RG.....

    But we have gaping holes at safety and LB.....So, I will reserve judgement until I see how he fills the most recent holes he created with cuts, as well as seeing how we do in the upcoming draft.......LOTS of picks and deals yet to be completed....

    Im optimistic he will be aggressive(as he said he would).....So day 1 gets an A.....

    RG? 😉

    Damn... you've gotten even onrier during your absence.

    @tour2ma said:

    RG? 😉

    Damn... you've gotten even onrier during your absence.

    Actually we did fix RG.  With Conklin at RT, we can move Hubbard to RG which he played well when with Pittsburgh.

  • Apparently Berry aint done spending and plans to address the D over the next day or 2 ......

    When I see what deals other TE's and OT got we did well for Conklin and Hooper

  • Nerds came though today. Makes me a lot less worried about the draft. This will probably piss off the old fucks that flunked math that gather on this board.

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Nerds came though today. Makes me a lot less worried about the draft. This will probably piss off the old fucks that flunked math that gather on this board.

    Well you got 1 out of 3. No, I did quite well on math SAT and math GRE. No, I'm quite happy with day 1 FA. Yes, I am one of the oldest MFers on this board along with Canton Mike who also appears quite happy. How was your math Mike you elated old son of a bitch???

  • @tour2ma said:

    RG? 😉

    Damn... you've gotten even onrier during your absence.

    Actually we did fix RG.  With Conklin at RT, we can move Hubbard to RG which he played well when with Pittsburgh.

    There's a math GRE?

    @ballpeen said:

    Actually we did fix RG.  With Conklin at RT, we can move Hubbard to RG which he played well when with Pittsburgh.

    Interesting take.... all I can find is reference to one start and "some experience" at RG, but it may well suit him better.

    At least he can be kept around to compete for the spot.

  • Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

    Who would have seen this? ?

  • Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

    Who would have seen this? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

    Who would have seen this? ?

    Mike is an athletic supporter so there's that.?

  • Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

    Who would have seen this? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

    Who would have seen this? ?

    I readily admit to being a lifelong optimistic Browns Fan & it beats the hell outta being a negative, whiney, pessimist!

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Canton Mike, completely head-over-heels with whoever is currently in charge for the Browns?

    Who would have seen this? ?

    I readily admit to being a lifelong optimistic Browns Fan & it beats the hell outta being a negative, whiney, pessimist!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I readily admit to being a lifelong optimistic Browns Fan & it beats the hell outta being a negative, whiney, pessimist!

    Mike

    Yeah, who needs anyone to be objective?

    And nothing says "optimistic" like telling people to "go to hell".  

  • @canton-mike said:

    I readily admit to being a lifelong optimistic Browns Fan & it beats the hell outta being a negative, whiney, pessimist!

    Mike

    Yeah, who needs anyone to be objective?

    And nothing says "optimistic" like telling people to "go to hell".  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, who needs anyone to be objective?

    And nothing says "optimistic" like telling people to "go to hell".  

    Yep! I "positively" told 'em to "go to hell" & I'm optimistic & hopeful that they will do so! 😁

    Mike

  • Crossed my mind during my typing at least three posts today, so I thought I'd better post it this time...

    So far we've seen nothing, but strong indications that all the interactive, unity, collaboration stuff we heard when Berry was brought on board is coming to fruition.

    Signs of input, especially from the Coaching staff, are all over the place.

    Still early yet... still the off-season... still in the honeymoon phase... still a little early to tell the detractors (and they know who they are, Dutch... 😉 ) where to go...

    ... but maybe they ought to at least start packing.

  • Anyone else having a Berry crush ?

  • Hes knocking it out of the park. Love all the signings. Any team that got Hooper would have been at the highest paid TE level. Love Keenum to push Baker. Baker knows right now that he better excel or Keenum can start. Conklin awesome too. 

  • Anyone else having a Berry crush ?

    @darren15 said:

    Anyone else having a Berry crush ?

    Are they still making that flavor?

  • @darren15 said:

    Anyone else having a Berry crush ?

    Are they still making that flavor?

    @tour2ma said:

    Are they still making that flavor?

    Box of Very Berry Cheerios

     

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, who needs anyone to be objective?

    And nothing says "optimistic" like telling people to "go to hell".  

    Yep! I "positively" told 'em to "go to hell" & I'm optimistic & hopeful that they will do so! 😁

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Yep! I "positively" told 'em to "go to hell" & I'm optimistic & hopeful that they will do so! 😁

    Mike

    Don't worry, they'll be burying me face down so that I don't get lost.

  • lol... No, Ag, I was thinking of this...

    image.png.848a971563a7c90919ca0bb727e127b0.png

  • Interesting article focusing on our GM's use of one-year deals including one benefit that I had not heard about...

    ... it sets up the Browns to cash in on compensatory picks, should any of these newcomers leave after the season. In the new collective bargaining agreement, free agents who sign one-year deals that still make at least $1.75 million factor into the gains in the losses in the compensatory formula. Not so coincidentally, of all the free agents the Browns have secured via one-year deals, only returner JoJo Natson signed for less than the $1.75 million threshold.

    https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/27629/browns-banking-one-year-deals-will-pay-off-for-defense-now-and-later