Schobert to Jags
-
Big contract $10,75 per year
-
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
-
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
...just doin' what he can for his family. Now is the time to make the bucks. You've gotta strike while the iron's hot. The bucks are in Jacksonville...
-
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
Ah.... but does he enjoy the pain?
Outta the fryin' pan... etc...
Best of luck, Joe...
-
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
...just doin' what he can for his family. Now is the time to make the bucks. You've gotta strike while the iron's hot. The bucks are in Jacksonville...
...just doin' what he can for his family. Now is the time to make the bucks. You've gotta strike while the iron's hot. The bucks are in Jacksonville...
I get that, but man, he just left a poorly-run franchise for another poorly-run franchise. You only get to play in the NFL once, and he's pretty much guaranteeing himself no chance of playing for a winner for a huge chunk of his career.
He could have gotten what any of us would consider great, life-changing money somewhere else. Yes, maybe not as much as Jacksonville offered, but man... the Jaguars? Oof.
-
-
And, Littleton out of the picture for Browns at LB.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-raiders-lb-littleton-agree-174527694.html
-
Too rich for Berry apparently....
-
But no state income tax in FL! That 10.75 there is closer to 12 or 13 in Ohio...good for Joe.
-
But no state income tax in FL! That 10.75 there is closer to 12 or 13 in Ohio...good for Joe.
But no state income tax in FL! That 10.75 there is closer to 12 or 13 in Ohio...good for Joe.
I can tell you from living in a no state income tax state that they squeeze it out of you through property tax. I own a home worth less than my brothers' homes in Colorado which has a state income tax. But when we do the math they pay less overall tax because I pay about 3 times as much as they do in property tax on the home. It's hidden robbery I tell ya.
-
But no state income tax in FL! That 10.75 there is closer to 12 or 13 in Ohio...good for Joe.
I can tell you from living in a no state income tax state that they squeeze it out of you through property tax. I own a home worth less than my brothers' homes in Colorado which has a state income tax. But when we do the math they pay less overall tax because I pay about 3 times as much as they do in property tax on the home. It's hidden robbery I tell ya.
This is true. I was in a state recently...maybe Nevada? which has no income tax. They robbed you blind on a lot of other things. Sales tax was over 10%...and they charged that on everything, including groceries...for which Ohio's tax is -0- There user fees on things which Ohio does not charge for are also ridiculous. Some of those states charge "luxury taxes"...like on owning a car. Ohio has a "tax" called a license plate renewal fee. But if you don't get vanity plates that is only like $54.00. These states can charge you $1000.00 a year just for owning a car. I know that in Texas, they charge like $15.00 a person just to go into a state park and take a hike.
Etc.
-
But no state income tax in FL! That 10.75 there is closer to 12 or 13 in Ohio...good for Joe.
I can tell you from living in a no state income tax state that they squeeze it out of you through property tax. I own a home worth less than my brothers' homes in Colorado which has a state income tax. But when we do the math they pay less overall tax because I pay about 3 times as much as they do in property tax on the home. It's hidden robbery I tell ya.
I can tell you from living in a no state income tax state that they squeeze it out of you through property tax. I own a home worth less than my brothers' homes in Colorado which has a state income tax. But when we do the math they pay less overall tax because I pay about 3 times as much as they do in property tax on the home. It's hidden robbery I tell ya.
Yeah, but your bro doesn't get to deduct his state income tax any longer when he does his Federal.
So there's that...
-
I can tell you from living in a no state income tax state that they squeeze it out of you through property tax. I own a home worth less than my brothers' homes in Colorado which has a state income tax. But when we do the math they pay less overall tax because I pay about 3 times as much as they do in property tax on the home. It's hidden robbery I tell ya.
Yeah, but your bro doesn't get to deduct his state income tax any longer when he does his Federal.
So there's that...
Yeah, but your bro doesn't get to deduct his state income tax any longer when he does his Federal.
So there's that...
And I don't get to deduct my property tax either because I don't itemize any longer since the rule change. My house is paid off so there are no high interest payments pushing me over the top. I used to be able to pay my yearly property tax in Jan and then the next years before Dec. 31 of the same year so I had enough to itemize every other year. That doesn't work anymore.
-
...just doin' what he can for his family. Now is the time to make the bucks. You've gotta strike while the iron's hot. The bucks are in Jacksonville...
I get that, but man, he just left a poorly-run franchise for another poorly-run franchise. You only get to play in the NFL once, and he's pretty much guaranteeing himself no chance of playing for a winner for a huge chunk of his career.
He could have gotten what any of us would consider great, life-changing money somewhere else. Yes, maybe not as much as Jacksonville offered, but man... the Jaguars? Oof.
I get that, but man, he just left a poorly-run franchise for another poorly-run franchise. You only get to play in the NFL once, and he's pretty much guaranteeing himself no chance of playing for a winner for a huge chunk of his career.
He could have gotten what any of us would consider great, life-changing money somewhere else. Yes, maybe not as much as Jacksonville offered, but man... the Jaguars? Oof.
Only so much time to make cash too. Maybe Jax had the clearly best offer. But you're right: from one badly run team to another. I thought when Coughlin came back, they'd quickly be on the rise........and they were in 2017...and then, whoops, it's midnight, yo, your carriage has turned back into a pumpkin.
-
...just doin' what he can for his family. Now is the time to make the bucks. You've gotta strike while the iron's hot. The bucks are in Jacksonville...
I get that, but man, he just left a poorly-run franchise for another poorly-run franchise. You only get to play in the NFL once, and he's pretty much guaranteeing himself no chance of playing for a winner for a huge chunk of his career.
He could have gotten what any of us would consider great, life-changing money somewhere else. Yes, maybe not as much as Jacksonville offered, but man... the Jaguars? Oof.
I get that, but man, he just left a poorly-run franchise for another poorly-run franchise. You only get to play in the NFL once, and he's pretty much guaranteeing himself no chance of playing for a winner for a huge chunk of his career.
He could have gotten what any of us would consider great, life-changing money somewhere else. Yes, maybe not as much as Jacksonville offered, but man... the Jaguars? Oof.
I've said it before, but honestly I just wonder how many guys truly have the Tom Brady "win at all costs" mentality. I truly believe to many dudes in the NFL it's not much different than how we view our jobs. I'd be willing to bet Jags overpaid for Joe compared to other teams by a little bit anyway. If we're talking the difference of say $3 million fully guaranteed, that's life changing.
-
I get that, but man, he just left a poorly-run franchise for another poorly-run franchise. You only get to play in the NFL once, and he's pretty much guaranteeing himself no chance of playing for a winner for a huge chunk of his career.
He could have gotten what any of us would consider great, life-changing money somewhere else. Yes, maybe not as much as Jacksonville offered, but man... the Jaguars? Oof.
I've said it before, but honestly I just wonder how many guys truly have the Tom Brady "win at all costs" mentality. I truly believe to many dudes in the NFL it's not much different than how we view our jobs. I'd be willing to bet Jags overpaid for Joe compared to other teams by a little bit anyway. If we're talking the difference of say $3 million fully guaranteed, that's life changing.
I've said it before, but honestly I just wonder how many guys truly have the Tom Brady "win at all costs" mentality. I truly believe to many dudes in the NFL it's not much different than how we view our jobs. I'd be willing to bet Jags overpaid for Joe compared to other teams by a little bit anyway. If we're talking the difference of say $3 million fully guaranteed, that's life changing.
I hear you, but losing sucks...
-
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
Joe is a glutton for punishment.
Exactly what I thought. A Wisconsin kid went to UW a star in Cleveland and now goes to JAX ? You'd think he could have got a good deal with a better team, still not too bad numbers in this deal.
......The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to terms with former Cleveland Browns linebacker Joe Schobert, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Former #Browns LB Joe Schobert is headed to the #Jaguars on a 5-year, $53.75M deal, source said. He gets an average of $10.75M per year. $12M to sign and $22.5M guaranteed.......
$34.5M sign + guaranteed = Baker Mayfield #1 pick numbers. Good luck Joe we'll miss you !
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login