Derek Anderson interview - Ed Werder ESPN
-
-
-
Further down it said browns and Mack getting close.
-
What the hell did Anderson play on Defense? Water boy.
-
What the hell did Anderson play on Defense? Water boy.
What the hell did Anderson play on Defense? Water boy.
No, he played the jolly fat man in the red outfit with a Lummy elf on his lap.
-
Only guy in the league that can hit a 60 yard bomb in double coverage but yet cant throw a screenpass.
-
He seems lazy and dumb, and it appears he enjoys losing.
Zombo
It's those damn wonderlic scores... I just know it..
-
He seems razor sharp, cerebral, and has the eye of a tiger. I can't believe he sat through the interview without sayiing "excuse me, I have game film to watch".

-
I did not think it was a bad interview. He did not throw BE under the Bus and said that BE was playing well and cared. When he talked about the QB situation he just stated that all he could do was go out and play and let the chips fall where they fall. Yea he mentioned the head injury in the context of how he and BE were clicking before the injury and then he had to take several weeks off (Mind you when BQ did not step up) and it effected their timing. I know a head injury is not a good excuse, not like a finger injury because we all know that BQs rating last year was really 104 and not 66.6.
But all and all I thought it was a nice interview but nothing of importance stated, kind of like the BQ interview that was posted a week or so ago.
And I do think that BQ will end up the starting QB but I do not think he will paste DA in camp. BQ did much better than DA in his first camp against 3rd and 4th string preseason competition but when given the chance last year to make his mark during preseason BQ played OK. He showed that he might have what it takes to lead a team. He did not even paste Ken Dorsey last year when he was number one. I can see you saying BQ will win the QB battle but I don't get why you think he will paste DA.
-
I bet he's a real motivational speaker in the huddle: "OK ... uh ... let's .... uh .... run this .... uh .... play .... so we can ... uh .... go home and .... uh .... maybe .... uh .... play some golf?"
-
DA caught no breaks last year, that's a fact. Even though I wanted him gone for picks when he had value I backed him a 100%, even to the point of gushing over him at camp and making wild predictions.
It started with the concussion, then Dickworth spiking Edwards, then the schedule, the other injuries, the drops and the fact that DA was terrible most of the time.
Where's that Washington game again?
-
Actually I do not think that BQ was going to start the season unless DA was totally unable to go. That I will agree with you on. That was not my point. My point was that BQ did start two preseason games and got all the reps as first team QB and did not show much except that he has some potential. He did not blow Ken Dorsey away with his performance how does anybody really think that he will blow DA away in this years Camp. I do think BQ will start the regular season, I am not argueing that point. The point I am argueing is that BQ will blow DA away in camp and I just have never seen anythign out of BQ to say that will happen.
I can also not say that DA played well last year on a whole. I have only said that if you discount the first 3 games in which DA was possibly damaged goods and probably should not have been playing that he did not do all that bad. If you don't count those three games (I know they count) then DA had a passer ranking closer to 86 than 66 and that includes the Washington game. I will not go over this again because the truth is he ended up with a 66.5 ranking and basically was like the rest of the team, he sucked. But, BQ only had a 66.6 ranking in his three games so again, though BQ will probably end up as the starter what makes anybody think he will blow away DA in camp?
They have basically mirrored each other given similar situations. BQ will not blow DA away in camp or the preseason. But, he will probably end up winning the competition based on how the offense will be designed.
-
@inspecta said:
The guy comes across as completely aloofaloof QBs get punched in the face by their teammates.
-
@inspecta said:
My assertion that BQ will outplay DA by a wide margin is based soley on mental makeup. DA has always shown the tendency to make mistakes when pressure is on, and I believe that Mangini will pack a lot of pressure on this QB battle on purpose to see the mental fortitude of both of these guys.Like Riffer I was hoping against hope that DA would return to 07 first 8 games form and really blow us away, and after the 1st preseason game I thought that might be a real possibility, but then the wheels came off the bus.
I just don't see DA performing under intense scrutiny for an extended period of time.
My question is if we've seen the dude regress in his first 3 seasons of scattered starts, how the FLOCK does that give him "he deserves a chance to compete for the starting job" status in his 4th season with us?
Why did we draft Quinn again? Why did we fire RAC again? History is a wonderful learning tool if we allow it to be folks. The 07 record was a false positive because we beat 2 winless teams and the avergae number of wins for teams we beat on the schedule was 5. Here's all the opponents we beat in 07 that couldn't win MORE than 8 games:
Baltimore 5 wins
Baltimore 5 wins (got them twice - how nice)
Houston 8 wins
NY Jets 4 wins
Cincy 7 wins
Bufalo 7 wins
Miami 1 wins
San Fran 5 wins
St Louis 3 wins
avg # wins = 5
We also lost to an Oakland team that only won 4 games all year. In the end, our # of conference wins kept us from the playoffs as we would blame Mother Nature for Cincy's disaster on a day we got inside their 29 five times without points during that 19-14 loss as DA contrinuted 4 INTs. That right there said we weren't good enough for a post season. The SAD thing was we rushed for almost 140 yards that day and Leigh Bodden's INT gave us the football at Cincy's 29 yard line once. The DA we saw the first 8-9 weeks against the weak opponents had virtually disappeared inot beign the DA we saw vrs Tampa Bay in 2006.
2008 began and RAC said "I've got 10 wins from 07 telling me I have my starting QB." That would produce 3 wins in DA's next 9 starts (which included TWO 10-6 losses). It would also give RAC his walking papers.
- Tom F. (2009 boils down to this decision: Start the smart or "Up in Smoke!")
-
@inspecta said:
My assertion that BQ will outplay DA by a wide margin is based soley on mental makeup. DA has always shown the tendency to make mistakes when pressure is on, and I believe that Mangini will pack a lot of pressure on this QB battle on purpose to see the mental fortitude of both of these guys.Like Riffer I was hoping against hope that DA would return to 07 first 8 games form and really blow us away, and after the 1st preseason game I thought that might be a real possibility, but then the wheels came off the bus.
I just don't see DA performing under intense scrutiny for an extended period of time.
My question is if we've seen the dude regress in his first 3 seasons of scattered starts, how the FLOCK does that give him "he deserves a chance to compete for the starting job" status in his 4th season with us?
Why did we draft Quinn again? Why did we fire RAC again? History is a wonderful learning tool if we allow it to be folks. The 07 record was a false positive because we beat 2 winless teams and the avergae number of wins for teams we beat on the schedule was 5. Here's all the opponents we beat in 07 that couldn't win MORE than 8 games:
Baltimore 5 wins
Baltimore 5 wins (got them twice - how nice)
Houston 8 wins
NY Jets 4 wins
Cincy 7 wins
Bufalo 7 wins
Miami 1 wins
San Fran 5 wins
St Louis 3 wins
avg # wins = 5
We also lost to an Oakland team that only won 4 games all year. In the end, our # of conference wins kept us from the playoffs as we would blame Mother Nature for Cincy's disaster on a day we got inside their 29 five times without points during that 19-14 loss as DA contrinuted 4 INTs. That right there said we weren't good enough for a post season. The SAD thing was we rushed for almost 140 yards that day and Leigh Bodden's INT gave us the football at Cincy's 29 yard line once. The DA we saw the first 8-9 weeks against the weak opponents had virtually disappeared inot beign the DA we saw vrs Tampa Bay in 2006.
2008 began and RAC said "I've got 10 wins from 07 telling me I have my starting QB." That would produce 3 wins in DA's next 9 starts (which included TWO 10-6 losses). It would also give RAC his walking papers.
- Tom F. (2009 boils down to this decision: Start the smart or "Up in Smoke!")
My question is if we've seen the dude regress in his first 3 seasons of scattered starts, how the FLOCK does that give him "he deserves a chance to compete for the starting job" status in his 4th season with us?
Why did we draft Quinn again? Why did we fire RAC again? History is a wonderful learning tool if we allow it to be folks. The 07 record was a false positive because we beat 2 winless teams and the avergae number of wins for teams we beat on the schedule was 5. Here's all the opponents we beat in 07 that couldn't win MORE than 8 games:
Baltimore 5 wins
Baltimore 5 wins (got them twice - how nice)
Houston 8 wins
NY Jets 4 wins
Cincy 7 wins
Bufalo 7 wins
Miami 1 wins
San Fran 5 wins
St Louis 3 wins
avg # wins = 5
We also lost to an Oakland team that only won 4 games all year. In the end, our # of conference wins kept us from the playoffs as we would blame Mother Nature for Cincy's disaster on a day we got inside their 29 five times without points during that 19-14 loss as DA contrinuted 4 INTs. That right there said we weren't good enough for a post season. The SAD thing was we rushed for almost 140 yards that day and Leigh Bodden's INT gave us the football at Cincy's 29 yard line once. The DA we saw the first 8-9 weeks against the weak opponents had virtually disappeared inot beign the DA we saw vrs Tampa Bay in 2006.
2008 began and RAC said "I've got 10 wins from 07 telling me I have my starting QB." That would produce 3 wins in DA's next 9 starts (which included TWO 10-6 losses). It would also give RAC his walking papers.
- Tom F. (2009 boils down to this decision: Start the smart or "Up in Smoke!")
You know Flugs, that was my first summer on the board and I can remember all the talk of predictions... most were predicting 5-7 wins. I can't remember anyone predicting 10. The Browns won as many games in DA's 15 starts as the previous 2 years combined. They beat the teams they were "supposed" to beat, and a few others... that hasn't happened for the Browns without DA in a number of years. So BOO HOO, they couldn't beat 2 or 3 of the best teams in the NFL. The Browns win/loss record has been night and day better under DA than any other time in the last several years... BOO HOO, they didn't win 'em all.
-





Derek used to be a Beaver. Perhaps that's why he's so used to things not going the way they were planned. Of course, it could be almost as bad being a Duck. Pooch looks kinda like one of the Huskies doesn't he?
. . . and my apologies to the many wonderful people in the great state of Oregon. (The college football season is coming too.)
We do know on the Brownsboard that the individual passing himself off as Lumbergh does not represent you very well. He needs a series of scheduled visits with one of the followers of Freud.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login