Skip to content

Browns sign safety Andrew Sandejo

The Browns Board
69 19 2.5k 1
  • @flugel said:

    If the topic was about Moneyball - that would be a decent idea.  But, it's not so why hi-jack the thread?  Therefore, are we Yo quiero Sendejo or No quiero Sendejo?

    So, what is this thread about?  Certainly anything related to the Bandejo was covered in the first one or two posts.  Should it have been shut down then and there?  Here is the defintion of Moneyball:

    Moneyball is a term describing baseball operations in which a team endeavors to analyze the market for baseball players and buy what is undervalued and sell what is overvalued. Unlike a common misconception, it is not about OBP, but whatever is undervalued at that time. It is most commonly used to refer to the strategy used by the front office of the Oakland Athletics. It derives its name from a Michael Lewis book of the same name.
    Through their strategy of Moneyball, the Oakland Athletics have been amoung the top contenders in baseball, at least up to this season.
    Which pretty much fits in with what  Tour defined it as,  except that he made it more generic and just did not apply it to baseball and the As. 
    And considering that the guy that more or less invented Moneyball...and who was the subject of the movie about it, (and maybe the book?)  is the guy that is now the Chief Strategic Officer of the Cleveland Browns...DePodesta,   I think it is a legit question to ask if he is bringing some of the same concepts here and applying them. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is the defintion of Moneyball

    Flugel explained how it worked.

    Your comment re-iterated something that wasn't being discussed or disagreed with. Of course "finding undervalued" is the goal.. I don't think we need to explain why that should be a given.  The ONE point being discussed was contract length.. answering the question of "how do you lock in the player once you've determined them to be under-valued and available."

    You do this a lot, dude, and it really doesn't help [or further understanding].  Please stop.

  • 49B54BDE-7C3A-4075-9265-9F19A791303C.jpeg

  • @flugel said:

    If the topic was about Moneyball - that would be a decent idea.  But, it's not so why hi-jack the thread?  Therefore, are we Yo quiero Sendejo or No quiero Sendejo?

    So, what is this thread about?  Certainly anything related to the Bandejo was covered in the first one or two posts.  Should it have been shut down then and there?  Here is the defintion of Moneyball:

    Moneyball is a term describing baseball operations in which a team endeavors to analyze the market for baseball players and buy what is undervalued and sell what is overvalued. Unlike a common misconception, it is not about OBP, but whatever is undervalued at that time. It is most commonly used to refer to the strategy used by the front office of the Oakland Athletics. It derives its name from a Michael Lewis book of the same name.
    Through their strategy of Moneyball, the Oakland Athletics have been amoung the top contenders in baseball, at least up to this season.
    Which pretty much fits in with what  Tour defined it as,  except that he made it more generic and just did not apply it to baseball and the As. 
    And considering that the guy that more or less invented Moneyball...and who was the subject of the movie about it, (and maybe the book?)  is the guy that is now the Chief Strategic Officer of the Cleveland Browns...DePodesta,   I think it is a legit question to ask if he is bringing some of the same concepts here and applying them. 

    @the-gipper said:

    So, what is this thread about?

    It's about a guy that can't handle the truth when it should be about the subject heading. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's not.

    It's just another example of Gip trying to cling to yet another misguided notion.

    "Prove it" deals are the antithesis of Moneyball, because if a player proves it he becomes expensive.

    I am not clinging to any notion.  I was going along with your definition.  So, I guess, if anyone was misguiding me, it was you. I wager you will be too craven to take ownership of that. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I am not clinging to any notion.  I was going along with your definition.  So, I guess, if anyone was misguiding me, it was you. I wager you will be too craven to take ownership of that. 

    Do what son?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I miss the good old days before the internet when the post whore was just off Army posts.??

    Not that you would have taken advantage of that...

    ... or did you have a period of premarital service?

    @tour2ma said:

    Not that you would have taken advantage of that...

    ... or did you have a period of premarital servicing?

    FIFY-Only with her.?

  • I wanted Nickel-robey-coleman and Pierre Desir

  • Geez, Gip... and you were just on Urban Dictinary...

    1. A newbie to an online forum who goes into overtime posting many short and usually meaningless posts in an attempt to raise their post count to pass the newbie stage ASAP.

    2. A type of trolling or board saboteur where the intent of the person is to invade the forum with an annoying presence.

    3. A person who is starving for attention in real life and compensates for their shortcomings in society by living in a forum and inserting their presence across the board everyday and sometimes all day. As soon as their post count breaches the highest recorded for the forum, they often begin to post frequently on the direction the board should take. It is not uncommon to see their avatars change frequently often with a theme of power. Forum members will begin to try to put the member in check but to no avail as the person is feeding off of their imaginary power to which they compensate for their lack of real world activity. (Most notorious for fitting this definition is the member: Bluto from getbig dot com)

    4. A person, who feels their higher post count gives them added credibility in the forum, even over people who have contributed for much longer and as such they go to great lengths to increase their post count.

    5. A post whore is a virtual attention whore. The attention whore brings the same attitude into online forums where they assert their “look at me” persona by invading the board with a large presence of posts.

    @tour2ma said:

    Geez, Gip... and you were just on Urban Dictinary...

    Projection much?  

    I just want to talk football......you just want to talk "Gipper". 

    I mean, its like  you have morphed into Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female.  You wanna be like me?  Grow Up. Get a Life. Make yourself useful.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is the defintion of Moneyball

    Flugel explained how it worked.

    Your comment re-iterated something that wasn't being discussed or disagreed with. Of course "finding undervalued" is the goal.. I don't think we need to explain why that should be a given.  The ONE point being discussed was contract length.. answering the question of "how do you lock in the player once you've determined them to be under-valued and available."

    You do this a lot, dude, and it really doesn't help [or further understanding].  Please stop.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Flugel explained how it worked.

    Your comment re-iterated something that wasn't being discussed or disagreed with. Of course "finding undervalued" is the goal.. I don't think we need to explain why that should be a given.  The ONE point being discussed was contract length.. answering the question of "how do you lock in the player once you've determined them to be under-valued and available."

    You do this a lot, dude, and it really doesn't help [or further understanding].  Please stop.

    Well, clearly there were two points being discussed....."finding undervalued" players...AND contract length.  My question had to do with the 1 year contracts.  Maybe I did need that for my further understanding...Why were all these players given just one year contracts?  And, if I re-iterated something....so what?  What harm did it do. 

    @flugel said:

    It's about a guy that can't handle the truth when it should be about the subject heading. 

    Why do you think I could not handle the truth?  Is asking a question about the nuances of these matters so objectionable.?  Or speculations thereon?  Questions like:  Why just the one year contracts?  Why/how does this fit into DePodesta's (and Berry's)  modus operandi? 

    Again, what do you find objectionable about those questions  (and the subject heading is about this player...who possibly is one of those undervalued players with a one year deal. 

  • I hate when I miss a typo. I make enough that I don't need help.

    That said...

    You're so cute when you cuss...

    Now please post more about how I am not getting to you.

    @tour2ma said:

    I hate when I miss a typo. I make enough that I don't need help.

    That said...

    You're so cute when you cuss...

    Now please post more about how I am not getting to you.

    There it is.  "Getting to me is the sum and substance of your existence, apparently.  Grow/Life/Useful...you get it. 

  • Yessssss, so wanted this one.....ball hawk safety....look at Harris thread where I said want him....1 year $2.5m....Berry took my advice ?

    @darren15 said:

    Yessssss, so wanted this one.....ball hawk safety....look at Harris thread where I said want him....1 year $2.5m....Berry took my advice ?

    Is this his 12th season? 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Flugel explained how it worked.

    Your comment re-iterated something that wasn't being discussed or disagreed with. Of course "finding undervalued" is the goal.. I don't think we need to explain why that should be a given.  The ONE point being discussed was contract length.. answering the question of "how do you lock in the player once you've determined them to be under-valued and available."

    You do this a lot, dude, and it really doesn't help [or further understanding].  Please stop.

    Well, clearly there were two points being discussed....."finding undervalued" players...AND contract length.  My question had to do with the 1 year contracts.  Maybe I did need that for my further understanding...Why were all these players given just one year contracts?  And, if I re-iterated something....so what?  What harm did it do. 

    @flugel said:

    It's about a guy that can't handle the truth when it should be about the subject heading. 

    Why do you think I could not handle the truth?  Is asking a question about the nuances of these matters so objectionable.?  Or speculations thereon?  Questions like:  Why just the one year contracts?  Why/how does this fit into DePodesta's (and Berry's)  modus operandi? 

    Again, what do you find objectionable about those questions  (and the subject heading is about this player...who possibly is one of those undervalued players with a one year deal. 

    @the-gipper said:

    clearly there were two points being discussed....."finding undervalued" players...AND contract length

    No, not clearly. The one point being discussed was contract length, full stop.

    Tour answered your first "question" with his first post in the thread. Dislike him as you will.  But when he states :

    @tour2ma said:

    Moneyball used Bill James' analytics to ID under-valued players. Then they locked those players up for as long as was reasonable considering their age

    that is.. the end of it. He's right. That's not a discussion - that's the one-line brief explanation to bring you up to speed.  

    Except the word in bold is of course the part where the discussion is possible, which again brings us back to contract length, which is what I said last post. And when you spent the rest of the first page after the above post talking about one-year deals.. that is also a question about contract length, because if the players weren't undervalued, they wouldn't be getting an offer of any length.

  • @darren15 said:

    Yessssss, so wanted this one.....ball hawk safety....look at Harris thread where I said want him....1 year $2.5m....Berry took my advice ?

    Is this his 12th season? 

    @icecube said:

    Is this his 12th season? 

    Legit question and a perfect distraction from Gipper wasting everyone's time on what he wants Moneyball to mean.  It's going to be his 11th year so he'll be a 1 year contract. Think of him as a player coach until we get a young feller in there we can get up to speed.  Might not be a bad signing when it all plays out.  After trading for Tyrod Taylor, we did this with Drew Stanton for Baker Mayfield the year we drafted Baker #1 overall. 

    Here's what Berry added in FA this year:  TE Austin Hooper, RT Jake Conklin, QB Case Keenum, ILB/MLB B.J. Goodson, DT Andrew Billings, CK Kevin Johnson, S Karl Joseph, and S Andrew Sendejo. I think only the first 3 guys received contracts longer than 1 year. Outside of Keenum and Senjejo - most of theese guys are only about 26 years old.

    It's a different approach than Dorsey (who traded for a lot of players by giving up draft picks and/or veterans as well as the cap space).  It'll be interesting to see how this works out.  

  • Legit question and a perfect distraction from Gipper wasting everyone's time on what he wants Moneyball to mean

    Actually, I had moved on, when you perpetuated it. ...just like you did here. 

    Why don't you take a team or two in the Browns Board draft, if you have this time on your hands. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I hate when I miss a typo. I make enough that I don't need help.

    That said...

    You're so cute when you cuss...

    Now please post more about how I am not getting to you.

    There it is.  "Getting to me is the sum and substance of your existence, apparently.  Grow/Life/Useful...you get it. 

    @the-gipper said:

    There it is.  "Getting to me is the sum and substance of your existence, apparently.  Grow/Life/Useful...you get it. 

    Nah.... just my favorite hobby at present....

    Should grow tried of it...

    ... in a couple years.

  • @the-gipper said:

    There it is.  "Getting to me is the sum and substance of your existence, apparently.  Grow/Life/Useful...you get it. 

    Nah.... just my favorite hobby at present....

    Should grow tried of it...

    ... in a couple years.

    @tour2ma said:

    Nah.... just my favorite hobby at present....

    Should grow tried of it...

    ... in a couple years.

    Again....I worry about you being like this: 

    sub-buzz-2651-1505487964-5.jpg?downsize=

  • @tour2ma said:

    Geez, Gip... and you were just on Urban Dictinary...

    Projection much?  

    I just want to talk football......you just want to talk "Gipper". 

    I mean, its like  you have morphed into Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female.  You wanna be like me?  Grow Up. Get a Life. Make yourself useful.

    @the-gipper said:

    Projection much?  

    I just want to talk football......you just want to talk "Gipper". 

    I mean, its like  you have morphed into Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female.  You wanna be like me?  Grow Up. Get a Life. Make yourself useful.

    If you wanted to talk football, then why post about your ignorance of the term "post whore"? As you did so... I felt compelled to be "useful".

    Otherwise... in order...

    No.... fully grown... have a life or at least I did prior to sheltering... Usefulness? No outside job anymore (thank God), but I'm a pretty damn good cook, a service I provide this household about 5-days a week on average.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Nah.... just my favorite hobby at present....

    Should grow tried of it...

    ... in a couple years.

    Again....I worry about you being like this: 

    sub-buzz-2651-1505487964-5.jpg?downsize=

    @the-gipper said:

    Again....I worry about you being like this: 

    Well for starters... I am not blond...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Projection much?  

    I just want to talk football......you just want to talk "Gipper". 

    I mean, its like  you have morphed into Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female.  You wanna be like me?  Grow Up. Get a Life. Make yourself useful.

    If you wanted to talk football, then why post about your ignorance of the term "post whore"? As you did so... I felt compelled to be "useful".

    Otherwise... in order...

    No.... fully grown... have a life or at least I did prior to sheltering... Usefulness? No outside job anymore (thank God), but I'm a pretty damn good cook, a service I provide this household about 5-days a week on average.

    @tour2ma said:

    If you wanted to talk football, then why post about your ignorance of the term "post whore"? As you did so... I felt compelled to be "useful".

    You did the world a great service there....worrying about my every word .   You must think I am some kind of God.  

    Otherwise... in order...

    No.... fully grown... have a life or at least I did prior to sheltering... Usefulness? No outside job anymore (thank God), but I'm a pretty damn good cook, a service I provide this household about 5-days a week on average.

    You have replaced your full time job with one worrying about every word I say.  Again, you have all this time to spend on this...yet do not want to help the rest of us out.    So, here are a few random words I will utter,  you can worry about these:

    Commission

    Warrior

    Company

    Benefit. 

    Discount

    Fungible

    Elocution

    Paper

    History

    Emerald

    That should keep you busy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....I worry about you being like this: 

    Well for starters... I am not blond...

    @tour2ma said:

    Well for starters... I am not blond...

    Yea, actually, that was not the first image of you that came to mind.  This was in that you seem to be one who would be eyeing little girls with bad intent.

    4ZCQ7goiumPeyj34UMUUFF-480-80.jpg

  • @tour2ma said:

    Well for starters... I am not blond...

    Yea, actually, that was not the first image of you that came to mind.  This was in that you seem to be one who would be eyeing little girls with bad intent.

    4ZCQ7goiumPeyj34UMUUFF-480-80.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, actually, that was not the first image of you that came to mind.  

    So you had Aqualung come to mind, but then forgot it before you could post it? 😳

    Better check your blood pressure...