Skip to content

Bill Finalized

Political Discussion
30 12 356
  • Just because of the Optics I can live with the CEOs not getting bonuses and the dividends being paid. I don't think it necessarily helps the cause of bringing the economy back on track but we love to punish those damn rich people.

    As to the big fuck you as far as Trump's businesses how about any business that has any association with any politician especially Nancy Pelosi's trillionaire or quadrillionaire husband?

    And I'm not positive I like having a bunch of vindictive twats having oversight over what loans go to whom.

    Haven't heard exactly what other garbage went into this toilet of a bill but... As they say it's the best we can hope for given the assholes on either side.

    WSS

  • Just because of the Optics I can live with the CEOs not getting bonuses and the dividends being paid. I don't think it necessarily helps the cause of bringing the economy back on track but we love to punish those damn rich people.

    As to the big fuck you as far as Trump's businesses how about any business that has any association with any politician especially Nancy Pelosi's trillionaire or quadrillionaire husband?

    And I'm not positive I like having a bunch of vindictive twats having oversight over what loans go to whom.

    Haven't heard exactly what other garbage went into this toilet of a bill but... As they say it's the best we can hope for given the assholes on either side.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Just because of the Optics I can live with the CEOs not getting bonuses and the dividends being paid. I don't think it necessarily helps the cause of bringing the economy back on track but we love to punish those damn rich people.

    As to the big fuck you as far as Trump's businesses how about any business that has any association with any politician especially Nancy Pelosi's trillionaire or quadrillionaire husband?

    And I'm not positive I like having a bunch of vindictive twats having oversight over what loans go to whom.

    Haven't heard exactly what other garbage went into this toilet of a bill but... As they say it's the best we can hope for given the assholes on either side.

    WSS

    It covers all politicians and government officials. Right wing sites are just going to say Trump though to drive that point home.

    Would you prefer there not being any oversight?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Just because of the Optics I can live with the CEOs not getting bonuses and the dividends being paid. I don't think it necessarily helps the cause of bringing the economy back on track but we love to punish those damn rich people.

    As to the big fuck you as far as Trump's businesses how about any business that has any association with any politician especially Nancy Pelosi's trillionaire or quadrillionaire husband?

    And I'm not positive I like having a bunch of vindictive twats having oversight over what loans go to whom.

    Haven't heard exactly what other garbage went into this toilet of a bill but... As they say it's the best we can hope for given the assholes on either side.

    WSS

    It covers all politicians and government officials. Right wing sites are just going to say Trump though to drive that point home.

    Would you prefer there not being any oversight?

    @mld-woody said:

    It covers all politicians and government officials. Right wing sites are just going to say Trump though to drive that point home.

    Actually I read that information here. From a registered Democrat so...

    Would you prefer there not being any oversight?

    And God no Woody I much prefer having the oversight done by vindictive twats. The more one-sided it can be the happier I am. What a ridiculous question bud. You're a terrible reporter. ??

    How about we let Pat Robertson do the oversight? Or the Duck Dynasty guy? You okay with that?

    WSS

  • What us greedy little boogers want to know is if that $2,400 handout to couples is going to be taxable.  🙂   

    @hoorta said:

    What us greedy little boogers want to know is if that $2,400 handout to couples is going to be taxable.  🙂   

    Here is the contents of the bill passed by the Senate. Updated this morning just minutes ago.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/25/coronavirus-stimulus-package-whats-in-it/2906670001/

  • Doesn't address the tax question however.

  • I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

    no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

    just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

    Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

    but it would be fair.

    oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

  • Frankly I'd be more supportive of a bill that bailed out Wall Street with a couple of caveats rather than just pass out money. Oh I'm sure the great unwashed will spend it and that will cause a bump in the economy but for anyone who relies on investment income in one way or another, which is just about all of us, something that would rebuild the Dow as quickly as possible would be the best solution. Even if rich people make a buck or two.

    On the other hand maybe it's a good idea to publish a cookbook of recipes using Seed corn.

    WSS

  • I like asparagus

  • I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

    no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

    just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

    Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

    but it would be fair.

    oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

    no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

    just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

    Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

    but it would be fair.

    oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

    We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

    no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

    just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

    Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

    but it would be fair.

    oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

    We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

    I love asparagus.

  • All of this subject to the House passing it Friday...... which should happen.

    Mo' free money, nothing wrong with that !     😉

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I think they should have "oversight" on individuals too.

    no drugs, no alcohol, no twinkies, no pop, no cake, no chippies or dip,

    just good healthy lunches that the dems demand that nobody will eat.

    Woody won't even eat the boiled asparagus. I won't either.

    but it would be fair.

    oversight means power to contol, power to wield over people with, to dems.

    We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

    Just shoot me now then. I'd eat the wild grass my deer love out back before asparagus. Better tasting according to one of my cats.?

  • One little tidbit that will come up seniors like me and my wife will get the stimulus checks however seniors who are claimed by others on their taxes will not get a check.

    ......Throughout the debate over the bailout bill, senators offered no explanation for this striking omission. The cost of extending rebates to elderly and disabled dependents would have been well less than 1% of the package’s total price tag. But even while they allowed up to $50 billion for airlines and a $17 billion set-aside reportedly written for Boeing, senators refused to provide a dime in direct aid to elderly and disabled individuals who rely financially on family members......

  • I like asparagus

    @mld-woody said:

    I like asparagus

    Boiled?

    Steamed, please...

    Although the fried appetizer at Perry's Steakhouse (Houston born, but all over Texas now) is amazing. Served with sautéed lump crab meat over the top of it...

    image.png.63fbabcbbc92b8ea1506ec7c2fd0dd4c.png

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    We are spoiled though. If we were hungry enough boiled asparagus would taste like filet mignon.

    I love asparagus.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I love asparagus.

    Me too, till I have to pee. ?

  • AxeA Axe

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I love asparagus.

    Me too, till I have to pee. ?

    @axe said:

    Me too, till I have to pee. ?

    I have the same problem.

  • grilled asparagus is good.

    boiled, it gets slimey. blech.