Left Tackle - Flugel Faves and Hopefuls
-
Great...but no guarantee he will be there at 10. And I don't know if trading up is in the cards.

-
If you don't think that Andrew Berry would be beyond trading up for something he really wants...it is YOU who are missing the obvious...about that guy. Don't think it will happen, but with Berry...I would not put it past him.
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
-
If you don't think that Andrew Berry would be beyond trading up for something he really wants...it is YOU who are missing the obvious...about that guy. Don't think it will happen, but with Berry...I would not put it past him.
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
Is your head really shaped like a triangle....since that pin at the top is so very sharp.
I will explain it to you like you are a 4 year old...which, mentally, is about right.:
Both statements are perfectly accurate: I doubt that the Browns will trade up....because they do not have the ammunition I believe to afford to be able to move up....but....despite his demeanor and background, and apparent conservative nature....I would not necessarily put it past Andrew Berry to be a bit of a gambler and take that risk.
You know, they have this place called Las Vegas, where they do a lot of gambling...including on sports. They have these things called "Odds"....and for this proposition they would set odds. On this I suspect that the odds would be like 9-1 against the Browns making a trade....but there is always that one out of 10 chance. So....the explanation for your 4 year old intellect is: while it is unlikely...there is still that 1 in 10 chance of it happening, so you cannot "put it past" it happening.
-
I'll take that as a "yes".
Yes....to the question: are you using a knowledge and understanding of history here? As a predictability factor: If the 2007 NY Giants played the 2007 New England Patriots 10 times, the Pats likely win 9 of those games..... But "don't put it past the Giants to pull it out" And lo and behold when the actual game occurred...that crapshoot rolled a 7.
Doesn't one of your "draft sims" ever simulate the possibility of trades happening? If so, probably in 9 out of 10, they simulate no trade action by the Browns......but....there may be that one time where.....lo and behold, you wouldn't put it past it to see the Browns make a trade.
-
I love lamp.
-
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is the art of taking both sides of an argument so you are never wrong...
Point was, Gip that you said absolutely nothing in the Capt. Obvious inducing post and then followed it up with another.
Care to go for three in a row?
Is your head really shaped like a triangle....since that pin at the top is so very sharp.
I will explain it to you like you are a 4 year old...which, mentally, is about right.:
Both statements are perfectly accurate: I doubt that the Browns will trade up....because they do not have the ammunition I believe to afford to be able to move up....but....despite his demeanor and background, and apparent conservative nature....I would not necessarily put it past Andrew Berry to be a bit of a gambler and take that risk.
You know, they have this place called Las Vegas, where they do a lot of gambling...including on sports. They have these things called "Odds"....and for this proposition they would set odds. On this I suspect that the odds would be like 9-1 against the Browns making a trade....but there is always that one out of 10 chance. So....the explanation for your 4 year old intellect is: while it is unlikely...there is still that 1 in 10 chance of it happening, so you cannot "put it past" it happening.
Is your head really shaped like a triangle....since that pin at the top is so very sharp.
I will explain it to you like you are a 4 year old...which, mentally, is about right.:
Are you saying you haven't started acting like a 4 year old yet?
-
Is your head really shaped like a triangle....since that pin at the top is so very sharp.
I will explain it to you like you are a 4 year old...which, mentally, is about right.:
Are you saying you haven't started acting like a 4 year old yet?
-
Yes I am saying that I’m acting like an adult contrarily
Let me know when you have finally convinced yourself of that.
The stuff I cut and pasted from you on my previous reply slam dunks otherwise. More specifically, you're not arguing with me - you're arguing with yourself.
-
Yes I am saying that I’m acting like an adult contrarily
Let me know when you have finally convinced yourself of that.
The stuff I cut and pasted from you on my previous reply slam dunks otherwise. More specifically, you're not arguing with me - you're arguing with yourself.
Let me know when you have finally convinced yourself of that.
I just did.
The stuff I cut and pasted from you on my previous reply slam dunks otherwise. (let us know when you have deluded yourself of that) More specifically, you're not arguing with me - you're arguing with yourself.
If you didn't want to engage in an argument with me....why then did you bother to make this post that was argumentative? Hello!
-
Blew thru 5 and 6... albeit with a little goose from Flugs (well done, sir)... working on 7.
-
Back to the thread....which can be summarized in two sentences: Which Left Tackle should we all want the Browns to draft?
The one that the Browns scouting department thinks is best that is available when their turn comes.
-
Back to the thread....which can be summarized in two sentences: Which Left Tackle should we all want the Browns to draft?
The one that the Browns scouting department thinks is best that is available when their turn comes.
Back to the thread....which can be summarized in two sentences: Which Left Tackle should we all want the Browns to draft?
The one that the Browns scouting department thinks is best that is available when their turn comes.
We are all making too many assumptions that our scouting department likes all of the top 5 tackle prospects: Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, Becton, Jones (consensus top 5). I see these mock drafts from experts with comments like the Browns take the 3rd or 4th best available tackle.
We may only want Thomas or Jones and pass on the other three if available at 10. I would not be surprised if we like 2/3 of the above and if they aren’t available we pass on the others and take Best Available of the defensive side of the ball.
The Backup plan could be I guy we’ve identified later in the draft or Trent Williams. There is some nice depth at the tackle spot in this draft- Steele from TTU.
the other plausible solution is to trade up for the guy they want. I don’t see any of these tackles as “elite” but who knows.
I like Jones from UH and Thomas from UGA in that order. I’m not crazy about Austin Jackson. Becton and Wirfs seem like awkward fits.
-
Andrew Thomas is the starter choice of the choices at left tackle, I think.
The season before, Jones was really raw compared - but improved dramatically last season.
They both love the game, are quick and very strong, excellent character, play with a mean streak...and are very, very SMART.
My impression is, Jones needs a good bit? more coaching up, Thomas not as much. We need a starter. Either of these two would be a great thing in fixing our offensive LT position.
-
Let me know when you have finally convinced yourself of that.
I just did.
The stuff I cut and pasted from you on my previous reply slam dunks otherwise. (let us know when you have deluded yourself of that) More specifically, you're not arguing with me - you're arguing with yourself.
If you didn't want to engage in an argument with me....why then did you bother to make this post that was argumentative? Hello!
If you didn't want to engage in an argument with me....why then did you bother to make this post that was argumentative? Hello!
Who said I didn't want to? I didn't need to. You were already arguing with yourself. It would have been rude to interrupt you vrs you.
While I appreciate you trying to give me all the credit for being argumentative, the inventory clearly shows you arguing with the most people (including yourself).
-
If you didn't want to engage in an argument with me....why then did you bother to make this post that was argumentative? Hello!
Who said I didn't want to? I didn't need to. You were already arguing with yourself. It would have been rude to interrupt you vrs you.
While I appreciate you trying to give me all the credit for being argumentative, the inventory clearly shows you arguing with the most people (including yourself).
Who said I didn't want to? I didn't need to. You were already arguing with yourself. It would have been rude to interrupt you vrs you.
While I appreciate you trying to give me all the credit for being argumentative, the inventory clearly shows you arguing with the most people (including yourself).
But, if that is the way you felt... clearly...you DID interrupt.Why did you feel the need to pile on where it seemed that there was something you wanted to move away from? Seems to me that the thread has move past all that/you. But, we will give you another chance: What move do you think the Browns will make there at LT (not what you would like...but what you think they will do).
-
Back to the thread....which can be summarized in two sentences: Which Left Tackle should we all want the Browns to draft?
The one that the Browns scouting department thinks is best that is available when their turn comes.
We are all making too many assumptions that our scouting department likes all of the top 5 tackle prospects: Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, Becton, Jones (consensus top 5). I see these mock drafts from experts with comments like the Browns take the 3rd or 4th best available tackle.
We may only want Thomas or Jones and pass on the other three if available at 10. I would not be surprised if we like 2/3 of the above and if they aren’t available we pass on the others and take Best Available of the defensive side of the ball.
The Backup plan could be I guy we’ve identified later in the draft or Trent Williams. There is some nice depth at the tackle spot in this draft- Steele from TTU.
the other plausible solution is to trade up for the guy they want. I don’t see any of these tackles as “elite” but who knows.
I like Jones from UH and Thomas from UGA in that order. I’m not crazy about Austin Jackson. Becton and Wirfs seem like awkward fits.
We are all making too many assumptions that our scouting department likes all of the top 5 tackle prospects: Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, Becton, Jones (consensus top 5). I see these mock drafts from experts with comments like the Browns take the 3rd or 4th best available tackle.
We may only want Thomas or Jones and pass on the other three if available at 10. I would not be surprised if we like 2/3 of the above and if they aren’t available we pass on the others and take Best Available of the defensive side of the ball.
Good points and thank you! The main reason I started this thread was to have some fun with a pre-draft discussion about favorite LT prospects for such a huge need at #10 overall. Part of that was to dig in and familiarize ourselves (as fans) with what is available, where they're projected and do we have a shot at them. That said, I honestly don't have any idea about what guys our scouting department/Callahan/FO like the most or who will still be available for us at #10 (and if those that are still available would prevent them from picking BPA at another position). The reason people on this board always like to do the mock drafts isn't really about knowing who our FO is going to select as much as it is about the fun of anticipating who we think/hope they may be interested in. Same intention here with this thread.
I don't know if this happens with others here; but my mind keeps changing on what I'd like us to do at #10 overall (especially if there's an early run on LTs that takes 3 or 4 off the board). One guy that's really grown on me if we go BPA is OLB Isaiah Simmons - especially with that being a huge need as well. What jumps out at me is how awesome this guy is against the pass whether he's in coverage or blitzing. He has 19 pass breakups in 3 years. In 2019, he had 16 tackles for a loss, 8 sacks, 5 QB hurries, 3 INTs, 7 pass breakups and 102 tackles. Looking at this 6'4" prospect with great speed and ideal instincts - he also has long arms that make him even tougher for passers to beat. Unfortunately, he'll probably be gone before #10 overall too.
The toughest thing for me as a fan to figure out is when the run on QBs will start and how many will go before #10. All this being said, I wouldn't rule out our FO being interested in a trade-up or trade-down in round 1. Stay tuned...
-
Back to the thread....which can be summarized in two sentences: Which Left Tackle should we all want the Browns to draft?
The one that the Browns scouting department thinks is best that is available when their turn comes.
We are all making too many assumptions that our scouting department likes all of the top 5 tackle prospects: Wirfs, Thomas, Wills, Becton, Jones (consensus top 5). I see these mock drafts from experts with comments like the Browns take the 3rd or 4th best available tackle.
We may only want Thomas or Jones and pass on the other three if available at 10. I would not be surprised if we like 2/3 of the above and if they aren’t available we pass on the others and take Best Available of the defensive side of the ball.
The Backup plan could be I guy we’ve identified later in the draft or Trent Williams. There is some nice depth at the tackle spot in this draft- Steele from TTU.
the other plausible solution is to trade up for the guy they want. I don’t see any of these tackles as “elite” but who knows.
I like Jones from UH and Thomas from UGA in that order. I’m not crazy about Austin Jackson. Becton and Wirfs seem like awkward fits.
The Backup plan could be I guy we’ve identified later in the draft or Trent Williams.
Or the biggest band-aid in the box... Jason Peters. He'll buy you a year with no long-term cap implications.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login