Can't wait
-
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
-
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
I think it will happen. It's not even April.
-
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
KIrk always has been an optimist...
On a more serious note... I wonder how NCAA would handle a missed season from eligibility perspective? Red shirts for all?
-
got my REDS hat on (grew up in columbus) fucking missing opening day
I feel your pain, bro. I've lived in the Cincinnati area and been a Reds fan all my life. I think Opening Day is more important and celebrated by the Reds than any other MLB franchise; it's pretty much a holiday akin to Easter down here. Baseball just isn't going to be the same without it this year, but the circumstances didn't give us much of a choice.
However, if this thing stretches out into the late summer and they cancel Riverfest as well, I'll be majorly disappointed.
-
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
I think the odds are even more grim than that. Even if the virus slows down over the summer, attendence to all major sports will still be down because people won't want to run the risk of catching that second wave of COVID-19.
-
I can barely wait for the season too, but...
1) IF the season happens, I believe attendance will be spotty based on how many Fans will be ok to be in crowds. If games approved & the gates are open, I plan to attend.
2) Options for Season Ticket Members who may be leary of attending?
3) Parking costs?
4) What about these 1 year contracts & free agents coming up?
Many things to consider & who knows when we'll know whether or not we have a season & what restrictions may apply IF we DO have a season.

Mike
-
got my REDS hat on (grew up in columbus) fucking missing opening day
I feel your pain, bro. I've lived in the Cincinnati area and been a Reds fan all my life. I think Opening Day is more important and celebrated by the Reds than any other MLB franchise; it's pretty much a holiday akin to Easter down here. Baseball just isn't going to be the same without it this year, but the circumstances didn't give us much of a choice.
However, if this thing stretches out into the late summer and they cancel Riverfest as well, I'll be majorly disappointed.
I've lived in the Cincinnati area and been a Reds fan all my life.
Ex In-laws used to live in Blue Ash(?) IIRC... about 20 traffic-free minutes or so up the interstate from downtown.
Saw a few games in old Riverfront in the late 70s and 80s. The baseball was good, but the Brats and Hudys were better.
-
I've lived in the Cincinnati area and been a Reds fan all my life.
Ex In-laws used to live in Blue Ash(?) IIRC... about 20 traffic-free minutes or so up the interstate from downtown.
Saw a few games in old Riverfront in the late 70s and 80s. The baseball was good, but the Brats and Hudys were better.
Ex In-laws used to live in Blue Ash(?) IIRC... about 20 traffic-free minutes or so up the interstate from downtown.
Saw a few games in old Riverfront in the late 70s and 80s. The baseball was good, but the Brats and Hudys were better.
I work a few miles away from Blue Ash, which is one of the nicer (richer) suburbs of Cincy.
Riverfront was a dump, but I think you'd enjoy catching a game at GABP. I know the Indians come down here for Interleague play every year; i've been to several Reds-Indians games. I've also been to a couple Reds-Astros games, but that was before the Astros switched to the AL. Haven't been to a Reds-Rangers game at all.
-
Kirk Herbstreit believes there is 5% chance college and pro football happen this year.
I think the odds are even more grim than that. Even if the virus slows down over the summer, attendence to all major sports will still be down because people won't want to run the risk of catching that second wave of COVID-19.
I think the odds are even more grim than that. Even if the virus slows down over the summer, attendence to all major sports will still be down because people won't want to run the risk of catching that second wave of COVID-19.
The Buckeyes are headed out here to Oregon for a game I have been jacked for it since first I heard it was gonna happen (BUCKS do not play the NW very often)I believe it will not happen
anyway hope you are well and stay that way
-
I think the odds are even more grim than that. Even if the virus slows down over the summer, attendence to all major sports will still be down because people won't want to run the risk of catching that second wave of COVID-19.
The Buckeyes are headed out here to Oregon for a game I have been jacked for it since first I heard it was gonna happen (BUCKS do not play the NW very often)I believe it will not happen
anyway hope you are well and stay that way
-
-
-
HA that was funny
-
"I feel your pain."
Not to the point where I'll watch reruns of 2019 games yet... but it may simply be a matter of time.
"I feel your pain."
Not to the point where I'll watch reruns of 2019 games yet... but it may simply be a matter of time.
I've gone to watching the greatest Cleveland Indians games on STO, last night the Cleveland Sunday Night Baseball comeback vs Lou Pinella and the Seattle Mariners.
Tonight three great Indians playoff games.
........oh please come back football, we miss you !

-
Ex In-laws used to live in Blue Ash(?) IIRC... about 20 traffic-free minutes or so up the interstate from downtown.
Saw a few games in old Riverfront in the late 70s and 80s. The baseball was good, but the Brats and Hudys were better.
I work a few miles away from Blue Ash, which is one of the nicer (richer) suburbs of Cincy.
Riverfront was a dump, but I think you'd enjoy catching a game at GABP. I know the Indians come down here for Interleague play every year; i've been to several Reds-Indians games. I've also been to a couple Reds-Astros games, but that was before the Astros switched to the AL. Haven't been to a Reds-Rangers game at all.
Blue Ash, which is one of the nicer (richer) suburbs of Cincy.
I never noticed that...

Ex-Dad-in-law was a biggish wig with Allied Chemical where he "fixed" broken plants... Day 1 arrive and fire Plant Manager... Day 2 figure out who else needs to be fired type stuff.
He retired early to study Industrial Hygiene at U of C. At the time he was certified he was one of only a thousand or so in the nation. He joined Sloan-Kettering as an Adjunct Professor and mostly did field work consulting with small Ohio businesses who couldn't afford a full-time IH person.
He was a gruff, intense, WWII vet (part of the German occupation force and survivor of a torpedoed troop transport). He loved food and would sweat when he ate... he loved dark beer... He passed maybe 20 years ago...
I miss him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login