Skip to content

Browns Reveal New Uniforms

The Browns Board
277 33 7.7k 1
  • Just leave them classic, for God's sake. Stop it. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @icecube said:

    Just leave them classic, for God's sake. Stop it. 

    YES !   And please no fairy girl scout Brownie elves on the helmet.   🥷

  • I'm cool with the bottom jersey mockups, but wow is that brown helmet hideous. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    wow is that brown helmet hideous. 

    That's what we get for the NFL deciding to allow the helmets to change...

    .. now our helmets changes can suck as bad as the uni's have.

  • @icecube said:

    Just leave them classic, for God's sake. Stop it. 

    YES !   And please no fairy girl scout Brownie elves on the helmet.   🥷

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @mjp28 said:

    YES !   And please no fairy girl scout Brownie elves on the helmet.   🥷

    My God, whoever came up with that needs banished from the city (if they live there). 

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #12
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @icecube said:

    That helmet is the worst idea since telling Paul Brown to beat it out of town

    I understand where you are coming regarding the uniforms, but the Paul Brown should have never been fired narrative needs to die. Many prominent Browns players are on record saying that the Browns would have never won the NFL Title in '64 with Paul Brown still as head coach. Also, Blanton Collier had the same exact win % as Paul Brown did with the Browns in the NFL. I know this has nothing really to do with the main point of the thread, but it's untrue, no matter how much we Browns fans hate Modell. 

  • I'm cool with the bottom jersey mockups, but wow is that brown helmet hideous. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm cool with the bottom jersey mockups,

    The White unie looks sweet...keep the traditional helmet but god please go back to putting the white bars on the helmet cage when wearing the whites... it can't be that hard to find approved white bars.. Visors pop! 

  • @icecube said:

    That helmet is the worst idea since telling Paul Brown to beat it out of town

    I understand where you are coming regarding the uniforms, but the Paul Brown should have never been fired narrative needs to die. Many prominent Browns players are on record saying that the Browns would have never won the NFL Title in '64 with Paul Brown still as head coach. Also, Blanton Collier had the same exact win % as Paul Brown did with the Browns in the NFL. I know this has nothing really to do with the main point of the thread, but it's untrue, no matter how much we Browns fans hate Modell. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    I understand where you are coming regarding the uniforms, but the Paul Brown should have never been fired narrative needs to die. Many prominent Browns players are on record saying that the Browns would have never won the NFL Title in '64 with Paul Brown still as head coach. Also, Blanton Collier had the same exact win % as Paul Brown did with the Browns in the NFL. I know this has nothing really to do with the main point of the thread, but it's untrue, no matter how much we Browns fans hate Modell. 

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I understand where you are coming regarding the uniforms, but the Paul Brown should have never been fired narrative needs to die. Many prominent Browns players are on record saying that the Browns would have never won the NFL Title in '64 with Paul Brown still as head coach. Also, Blanton Collier had the same exact win % as Paul Brown did with the Browns in the NFL. I know this has nothing really to do with the main point of the thread, but it's untrue, no matter how much we Browns fans hate Modell. 

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #16

    @icecube said:

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

    I tend to agree with you Cube. Paul Brown was the greatest innovator in the history of Pro Football.

    I copied & pasted this little ditty: Brown is credited with a number of American football innovations. He was the first coach to use game film to scout opponents, hire a full-time staff of assistants, and test players on their knowledge of a playbook. He invented the modern face mask, the practice squad and the draw play.

    In addition to the above, Paul Brown was a proven WINNER at ALL levels. I also believe that Bill Belichick would agree with us.

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I understand where you are coming regarding the uniforms, but the Paul Brown should have never been fired narrative needs to die. Many prominent Browns players are on record saying that the Browns would have never won the NFL Title in '64 with Paul Brown still as head coach. Also, Blanton Collier had the same exact win % as Paul Brown did with the Browns in the NFL. I know this has nothing really to do with the main point of the thread, but it's untrue, no matter how much we Browns fans hate Modell. 

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @icecube said:

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

    What does his innovations of the 40s and early 50s have to do with the fact that by the early 60s the game had kind of passed him by? That a lot of Browns players started tuning him out because of in-game decisions that literally made them scratch their heads? That, once again, many players are adamant that they would have never won in '64 with Paul Brown as head coach.  And since you've decided to take this argument down the "there's curses on teams" road, I'm out. I'm not arguing with crazy. 

  • @icecube said:

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

    I tend to agree with you Cube. Paul Brown was the greatest innovator in the history of Pro Football.

    I copied & pasted this little ditty: Brown is credited with a number of American football innovations. He was the first coach to use game film to scout opponents, hire a full-time staff of assistants, and test players on their knowledge of a playbook. He invented the modern face mask, the practice squad and the draw play.

    In addition to the above, Paul Brown was a proven WINNER at ALL levels. I also believe that Bill Belichick would agree with us.

    Mike

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @canton-mike said:

    I tend to agree with you Cube. Paul Brown was the greatest innovator in the history of Pro Football.

    I copied & pasted this little ditty: Brown is credited with a number of American football innovations. He was the first coach to use game film to scout opponents, hire a full-time staff of assistants, and test players on their knowledge of a playbook. He invented the modern face mask, the practice squad and the draw play.

    In addition to the above, Paul Brown was a proven WINNER at ALL levels. I also believe that Bill Belichick would agree with us.

    Mike

    He accomplished all that you said above and more. They say "the apple doesn't fall from the tree" but sometimes it really, really does. Mike Brown is a total buffoon. He may be a nice man, I don't know. But for whatever reason, his mental prowess is light years from his dads.  Anyone who deflates the moral of his team of saving a few bucks isn't wise. He used to make the players use community jock straps. He would have players get benched so they wouldn't hit bonus stat $. That takes a real moron. 

  • @icecube said:

    Paul Brown is inarguably the greatest football mind in the field of professional football there has ever been. He is more responsible for the modern NFL than any other human being that has ever walked the earth. Tell me Collier has achieved any of that level of greatness in any shape, form or manner. I actually believe the way they dumped Brown has put an unwavering curse on the franchise. Just pray the curse ends at some point, like it finally did for the Red Sox, after trading the Big Bambino.

    What does his innovations of the 40s and early 50s have to do with the fact that by the early 60s the game had kind of passed him by? That a lot of Browns players started tuning him out because of in-game decisions that literally made them scratch their heads? That, once again, many players are adamant that they would have never won in '64 with Paul Brown as head coach.  And since you've decided to take this argument down the "there's curses on teams" road, I'm out. I'm not arguing with crazy. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    What does his innovations of the 40s and early 50s have to do with the fact that by the early 60s the game had kind of passed him by? That a lot of Browns players started tuning him out because of in-game decisions that literally made them scratch their heads? That, once again, many players are adamant that they would have never won in '64 with Paul Brown as head coach.  And since you've decided to take this argument down the "there's curses on teams" road, I'm out. I'm not arguing with crazy. 

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What does his innovations of the 40s and early 50s have to do with the fact that by the early 60s the game had kind of passed him by? That a lot of Browns players started tuning him out because of in-game decisions that literally made them scratch their heads? That, once again, many players are adamant that they would have never won in '64 with Paul Brown as head coach.  And since you've decided to take this argument down the "there's curses on teams" road, I'm out. I'm not arguing with crazy. 

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @icecube said:

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

    Just like most things that people think can only be explained by the mystical, there is a down to earth explanation.   At least there is in this case:

    Shitty owners,   shitty GMs.  I don't think "ineptitude"  can be explained away by saying there is a curse. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @icecube said:

    That helmet is the worst idea since telling Paul Brown to beat it out of town. Dear God, this has to be a joke. The simple Browns helmet is one of the few iconic helmets in the entire league; only the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys are as iconic. Why would you mess with that? And why, if you do mess with it, would you put a feminine, childish, cartoon as its replacement? It's literally a fairy. 

    The Browns helmet according to The Haslams is NOT changing..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What does his innovations of the 40s and early 50s have to do with the fact that by the early 60s the game had kind of passed him by? That a lot of Browns players started tuning him out because of in-game decisions that literally made them scratch their heads? That, once again, many players are adamant that they would have never won in '64 with Paul Brown as head coach.  And since you've decided to take this argument down the "there's curses on teams" road, I'm out. I'm not arguing with crazy. 

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #22

    @icecube said:

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

    You can't argue with someone who professes to the world that he's some kind of genius (Dutch Gurl)... Hence , why I put him on IGGY!

  • @icecube said:

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

    You can't argue with someone who professes to the world that he's some kind of genius (Dutch Gurl)... Hence , why I put him on IGGY!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #23

    @nickers said:

     You can't argue with someone who professes to the world that he's some kind of genius (Dutch Gurl)... Hence , why I put him on IGGY!

    Nickers put me on ignore because he was tired of me making him look even more moronic than he usually does on his own. ?

  • @icecube said:

    Thumb your nose at the spiritual at your own peril. You probably just added a decade to Browns' curse; one of the last teams to never even make a single Super Bowl. In there with the Jags (who are 50 years younger), the Lions and that end of the list. Even the Bucs, Cards, Vikings, Jets, Titan, Panthers have made it. The Paul Brown curse is powerful. 

    Just like most things that people think can only be explained by the mystical, there is a down to earth explanation.   At least there is in this case:

    Shitty owners,   shitty GMs.  I don't think "ineptitude"  can be explained away by saying there is a curse. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @the-gipper said:

    Just like most things that people think can only be explained by the mystical, there is a down to earth explanation.   At least there is in this case:

    Shitty owners,   shitty GMs.  I don't think "ineptitude"  can be explained away by saying there is a curse. 

    Shitty owners, shitty GMs, shitty coaches, shitty players. 

    I really consider Blanton Collier's retirement to be when the Browns really became Modell's team. The Paul Brown era, with his hands all over the team after he was fired, was now gone. It was Modell's team now. And in those 25 or so seasons until the Browns moved away, they were a .500 team. They've been an unmitigated disaster since they came back in '99. It has nothing to do with "curses", but has everything to do with incompetent leadership from the top.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just like most things that people think can only be explained by the mystical, there is a down to earth explanation.   At least there is in this case:

    Shitty owners,   shitty GMs.  I don't think "ineptitude"  can be explained away by saying there is a curse. 

    Shitty owners, shitty GMs, shitty coaches, shitty players. 

    I really consider Blanton Collier's retirement to be when the Browns really became Modell's team. The Paul Brown era, with his hands all over the team after he was fired, was now gone. It was Modell's team now. And in those 25 or so seasons until the Browns moved away, they were a .500 team. They've been an unmitigated disaster since they came back in '99. It has nothing to do with "curses", but has everything to do with incompetent leadership from the top.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    Shitty owners, shitty GMs, shitty coaches, shitty players. 

    I really consider Blanton Collier's retirement to be when the Browns really became Modell's team. The Paul Brown era, with his hands all over the team after he was fired, was now gone. It was Modell's team now. And in those 25 or so seasons until the Browns moved away, they were a .500 team. They've been an unmitigated disaster since they came back in '99. It has nothing to do with "curses", but has everything to do with incompetent leadership from the top.

    Yes and what caused the " incompetent leadership from the top?" I'm just kidding about the whole thing. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just like most things that people think can only be explained by the mystical, there is a down to earth explanation.   At least there is in this case:

    Shitty owners,   shitty GMs.  I don't think "ineptitude"  can be explained away by saying there is a curse. 

    Shitty owners, shitty GMs, shitty coaches, shitty players. 

    I really consider Blanton Collier's retirement to be when the Browns really became Modell's team. The Paul Brown era, with his hands all over the team after he was fired, was now gone. It was Modell's team now. And in those 25 or so seasons until the Browns moved away, they were a .500 team. They've been an unmitigated disaster since they came back in '99. It has nothing to do with "curses", but has everything to do with incompetent leadership from the top.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    Shitty owners, shitty GMs, shitty coaches, shitty players. 

    I really consider Blanton Collier's retirement to be when the Browns really became Modell's team. The Paul Brown era, with his hands all over the team after he was fired, was now gone. It was Modell's team now. And in those 25 or so seasons until the Browns moved away, they were a .500 team. They've been an unmitigated disaster since they came back in '99. It has nothing to do with "curses", but has everything to do with incompetent leadership from the top.

    As with most Cleveland sports......

    CvlO4fsUsAEZIM8.jpg

  • Just leave them classic, for God's sake. Stop it. 

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #27

    @icecube said:

    Just leave them classic, for God's sake. Stop it. 

    Exactly.  Like the Packers, like the Raiders, like the Colts. That's the group we belong in. There's nothing you can do to make orange and brown look cool..

    Leave it to this franchise to fuck up everything imaginable down to the uniforms.

  • @icecube said:

    Just leave them classic, for God's sake. Stop it. 

    Exactly.  Like the Packers, like the Raiders, like the Colts. That's the group we belong in. There's nothing you can do to make orange and brown look cool..

    Leave it to this franchise to fuck up everything imaginable down to the uniforms.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @gorka said:

    Leave it to this franchise to fuck up everything imaginable down to the uniforms.

    ...Yup.  The Haslam's have sure done that haven't they.  Right down to the uniforms.  Would it surprise ya if the new uni's had polka dots on them?