Browns Reveal New Uniforms
-
I give you carte blanche to give me your opinion of my places I have posted here.
OK. Do they have at least 2 bedrooms & 2 baths?


Mike
OK. Do they have at least 2 bedrooms & 2 baths?


Mike
I will rent you out that last one. Nearest to Canton.
-
But, we did keep like the carriage house intact:

But, we did keep like the carriage house intact:

My fiancée knows the family that just bought that house.
-
But, we did keep like the carriage house intact:

My fiancée knows the family that just bought that house.
My fiancée knows the family that just bought that house.
It was one of the houses built by OC for one of his kids probably.
I checked out the asking price. Even being an historic structure, that seemed a very, very, very high asking price for that neighborhood. (over $300K.) Did they pay close to that for it?
-
For me the jerseys are just "ok "but I get going to a old style unis to please the older fan base and trying to get back to the roots of winning. I'm totally fine with that. With that said, very disappointed we still don't have a real logo. Just a pic of or non-de script helmet that has a stripe on. As someone that has done graphic design it drives me crazy thinking of all possible ways we could have jazzed it. Happy that the Haslams are donating all the proceeds of the jerseys to local covid-19 relief efforts. That's some classy shit.
-
For me the jerseys are just "ok "but I get going to a old style unis to please the older fan base and trying to get back to the roots of winning. I'm totally fine with that. With that said, very disappointed we still don't have a real logo. Just a pic of or non-de script helmet that has a stripe on. As someone that has done graphic design it drives me crazy thinking of all possible ways we could have jazzed it. Happy that the Haslams are donating all the proceeds of the jerseys to local covid-19 relief efforts. That's some classy shit.
For me the jerseys are just "ok "but I get going to a old style unis to please the older fan base and trying to get back to the roots of winning. I'm totally fine with that. With that said, very disappointed we still don't have a real logo. Just a pic of or non-de script helmet that has a stripe on. As someone that has done graphic design it drives me crazy thinking of all possible ways we could have jazzed it. Happy that the Haslams are donating all the proceeds of the jerseys to local covid-19 relief efforts. That's some classy shit.
We do have logos, all kinds of logos. Just none on the helmet,,,,and fuck having a logo on the helmet.
You want logos:
-
1) Oh, I understand it was all in fun, but I have just always been uncomfortable with folks OR their belongings being made fun of.
2) Slightly wrong! My Bride & I will be married 50 years as of 7/18/2020.
3) As we do, but we keep our opinions to ourselves. We are both believers in "To each their own", "None of our business", & "But for the grace of God, there go I".
Mike
OK,....but #3 and #1 conflict. And by posting photos of the house in here, the "none of our business" proviso flew out the window.
(and are you telling me that your wife of 50 years never get into critiques of the decor of houses other than your own?)
OK,....but #3 and #1 conflict. And by posting photos of the house in here, the "none of our business" proviso flew out the window.
(and are you telling me that your wife of 50 years never get into critiques of the decor of houses other than your own?)
What a colossal prick...
-
But, we did keep like the carriage house intact:

But, we did keep like the carriage house intact:
I don't like the horizontal white lines there, they should be at the level of the floor slab, not at the level of the windowsills.
Also, I don't think the cornerstones have a structural function, and the ones forming two colums in the middle of the facade make no sense at all.
But I guess it's all about appearance and not about architecture. People tend to forget that some features in the buildings were there because they served a purpose, and start repeating or moving them unknowingly, when you can have good architecture without pasting what end up being ornaments.
-
OK,....but #3 and #1 conflict. And by posting photos of the house in here, the "none of our business" proviso flew out the window.
(and are you telling me that your wife of 50 years never get into critiques of the decor of houses other than your own?)
What a colossal prick...
-
But, we did keep like the carriage house intact:
I don't like the horizontal white lines there, they should be at the level of the floor slab, not at the level of the windowsills.
Also, I don't think the cornerstones have a structural function, and the ones forming two colums in the middle of the facade make no sense at all.
But I guess it's all about appearance and not about architecture. People tend to forget that some features in the buildings were there because they served a purpose, and start repeating or moving them unknowingly, when you can have good architecture without pasting what end up being ornaments.
I don't like the horizontal white lines there, they should be at the level of the floor slab, not at the level of the windowsills.
Also, I don't think the cornerstones have a structural function, and the ones forming two colums in the middle of the facade make no sense at all.
But I guess it's all about appearance and not about architecture. People tend to forget that some features in the buildings were there because they served a purpose, and start repeating or moving them unknowingly, when you can have good architecture without pasting what end up being ornaments.
Isn't a good part of architecture about appearance? This particular house was built by OC Barber who between like 1890 and 1920 built a number of structures with similar style, including the mansion in the photo hereinabove. He was a "Guilded Age" Industrialist who also created an experimental farm. As time went by, there came upon the town named after him...Barberton, an incredible lack of foresight wherein the mansion was torn down and the area of the farm was built up into shall we say, lesser quality housing and strip shopping areas. However, a number of the structures were preserved that had that style. I will give you a few photos and you can critique them:
Here was his Pig barn:

-
And here was his Colt Barn:

-
OK,....but #3 and #1 conflict. And by posting photos of the house in here, the "none of our business" proviso flew out the window.
(and are you telling me that your wife of 50 years never get into critiques of the decor of houses other than your own?)
What a colossal prick...
What a colossal prick...
I assume this is a request for architectural photos:
Is that the "Gipper Tower"? ?
Mike
-
One building was converted into a corporate HQ building a landscaping concern:

-
I don't like the horizontal white lines there, they should be at the level of the floor slab, not at the level of the windowsills.
Also, I don't think the cornerstones have a structural function, and the ones forming two colums in the middle of the facade make no sense at all.
But I guess it's all about appearance and not about architecture. People tend to forget that some features in the buildings were there because they served a purpose, and start repeating or moving them unknowingly, when you can have good architecture without pasting what end up being ornaments.
Isn't a good part of architecture about appearance? This particular house was built by OC Barber who between like 1890 and 1920 built a number of structures with similar style, including the mansion in the photo hereinabove. He was a "Guilded Age" Industrialist who also created an experimental farm. As time went by, there came upon the town named after him...Barberton, an incredible lack of foresight wherein the mansion was torn down and the area of the farm was built up into shall we say, lesser quality housing and strip shopping areas. However, a number of the structures were preserved that had that style. I will give you a few photos and you can critique them:
Here was his Pig barn:

Isn't a good part of architecture about appearance? This particular house was built by OC Barber who between like 1890 and 1920 built a number of structures with similar style, including the mansion in the photo hereinabove. He was a "Guilded Age" Industrialist who also created an experimental farm. As time went by, there came upon the town named after him...Barberton, an incredible lack of foresight wherein the mansion was torn down and the area of the farm was built up into shall we say, lesser quality housing and strip shopping areas. However, a number of the structures were preserved that had that style. I will give you a few photos and you can critique them:
Here was his Pig barn:
And here was his Colt Barn:

Gip, are these structures still standing? I believe I've seen them in Barberton recently.
Mike
-
.jpg/1920px-O._C._Barber_Barn_No._1_(3540732650).jpg)
-
Isn't a good part of architecture about appearance? This particular house was built by OC Barber who between like 1890 and 1920 built a number of structures with similar style, including the mansion in the photo hereinabove. He was a "Guilded Age" Industrialist who also created an experimental farm. As time went by, there came upon the town named after him...Barberton, an incredible lack of foresight wherein the mansion was torn down and the area of the farm was built up into shall we say, lesser quality housing and strip shopping areas. However, a number of the structures were preserved that had that style. I will give you a few photos and you can critique them:
Here was his Pig barn:
And here was his Colt Barn:

Gip, are these structures still standing? I believe I've seen them in Barberton recently.
Mike
Gip, are these structures still standing? I believe I've seen them in Barberton recently.
Mike
Yes, these are ones still standing. The Piggery, the Colt Barn, Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ). The Machinery, and The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's. There may be a few others standing.
From what I understand, there were originally like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down. As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America. It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved, but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town. Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people.
-

-
Just watched the 2nd Building The Browns. At the end we saw some of the players getting their first look at the new uniforms. OBJ's face was funny. He hates 'em.
He ain't a Brown at heart. Whereas Bitonio held up the white jersey and said, "When I think of the Cleveland Browns, this is what I think of." He's a Goddamm Cleveland Brown!!
-
Just watched the 2nd Building The Browns. At the end we saw some of the players getting their first look at the new uniforms. OBJ's face was funny. He hates 'em.
He ain't a Brown at heart. Whereas Bitonio held up the white jersey and said, "When I think of the Cleveland Browns, this is what I think of." He's a Goddamm Cleveland Brown!!
Just watched the 2nd Building The Browns. At the end we saw some of the players getting their first look at the new uniforms. OBJ's face was funny. He hates 'em.
He ain't a Brown at heart. Whereas Bitonio held up the white jersey and said, "When I think of the Cleveland Browns, this is what I think of." He's a Goddamm Cleveland Brown!!
Bitonio is the man. He’s got a little ways to go to get to JT manliness, but I think he may get there.
-
For me the jerseys are just "ok "but I get going to a old style unis to please the older fan base and trying to get back to the roots of winning. I'm totally fine with that. With that said, very disappointed we still don't have a real logo. Just a pic of or non-de script helmet that has a stripe on. As someone that has done graphic design it drives me crazy thinking of all possible ways we could have jazzed it. Happy that the Haslams are donating all the proceeds of the jerseys to local covid-19 relief efforts. That's some classy shit.
We do have logos, all kinds of logos. Just none on the helmet,,,,and fuck having a logo on the helmet.
You want logos:
We do have logos, all kinds of logos. Just none on the helmet,,,,and fuck having a logo on the helmet.
You want logos:
I have no problems with the helmets staying the same. But is it too much to be asking for a new emblem on the shoulder, upper chest area like NBA jerseys where 2 years ago? Then making that logo the official primary. Personally I'm a fan of Brownie the elf but the "dogg pound" logo could have worked as well. The current logo design just screams of laziness and is so vanilla and plain jane. Everyone in my family that doesn't live in the state thinks it looks like something a high school team would roll with.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
