Skip to content

Browns Reveal New Uniforms

The Browns Board
277 33 7.7k 1
  • @canton-mike said:

    Gip, are these structures still standing? I believe I've seen them in Barberton recently.

    Mike

    Yes,  these are ones still standing.  The Piggery,  the Colt Barn,  Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ).   The Machinery, and  The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's.   There may be a few others standing.  

    From what I understand, there were originally  like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by  the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down.  As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America.  It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved,  but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town.  Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  these are ones still standing.  The Piggery,  the Colt Barn,  Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ).   The Machinery, and  The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's.   There may be a few others standing.  

    From what I understand, there were originally  like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by  the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down.  As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America.  It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved,  but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town.  Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people. 

    Thank you. I saw them & recall thinking that there had to be something of a story behind them as they were SO different. The same could be said about "The Timken Stables" in Canton that Chris Spielman attempted to turn into a restaurant (a failed effort), which is now a Synagogue. I ate/drank there a few times. Here is a pic from those days...

    The Stables fails to sell at sheriff's sale - News - The ...

    That was such a neat place. Another was the old Quaker Oats Tower in Akron.

    Mike

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes,  these are ones still standing.  The Piggery,  the Colt Barn,  Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ).   The Machinery, and  The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's.   There may be a few others standing.  

    From what I understand, there were originally  like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by  the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down.  As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America.  It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved,  but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town.  Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people. 

    Thank you. I saw them & recall thinking that there had to be something of a story behind them as they were SO different. The same could be said about "The Timken Stables" in Canton that Chris Spielman attempted to turn into a restaurant (a failed effort), which is now a Synagogue. I ate/drank there a few times. Here is a pic from those days...

    The Stables fails to sell at sheriff's sale - News - The ...

    That was such a neat place. Another was the old Quaker Oats Tower in Akron.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Thank you. I saw them & recall thinking that there had to be something of a story behind them as they were SO different. The same could be said about "The Timken Stables" in Canton that Chris Spielman attempted to turn into a restaurant (a failed effort), which is now a Synagogue. I ate/drank there a few times. Here is a pic from those days...

    The Stables fails to sell at sheriff's sale - News - The ...

    That was such a neat place. Another was the old Quaker Oats Tower in Akron.

    Mike

    I was there a couple of times 

  • The Chargers did it right. Their new unis are badass. 

  • The Chargers did it right. Their new unis are badass. 

    @d-bone said:

    The Chargers did it right. Their new unis are badass. 

    Must be my colorblind eyes because..... no...

    The two options with white pants look good... especially the all-whites.

  • The Chargers did it right. Their new unis are badass. 

    @d-bone said:

    The Chargers did it right. Their new unis are badass. 

    Nope, not for me. I have never liked the Chargers colors, so that's most of it for me.

    Mike

  • As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.

  • Gorka and DieHard going at it. 

    Priceless. 

    Apparently there's trouble in MAGAland. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Gorka and DieHard going at it. 

    Priceless. 

    Apparently there's trouble in MAGAland. 

    Dutch boy and Nickers goin at it

    Except Nickers has Dutch on ignore.

    Priceless

  • He sure does.

    This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian. 

  • He sure does.

    This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He sure does.

    This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is a bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian. 

    Going after someone who pays no attention to you is pathetic.

    It's not a convincing way to prove to others that you're really not a pussy.

    Comprehend that pussy.

  • He sure does.

    This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He sure does.

    This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian. 

    @gorka said:

    Going after someone who pays no attention to you is pitiful

    That is not a convincing way to prove to others that you're really not a pussy.

    Comprehend that pussy.

  • As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.

    The helmets are totally different with the number being brought back, as well as the size of the bolt. More subtle changes throughout the uni as well.  

  • @brownsfaninpa said:

    As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.

    The helmets are totally different with the number being brought back, as well as the size of the bolt. More subtle changes throughout the uni as well.  

    @d-bone said:

    The helmets are totally different with the number being brought back, as well as the size of the bolt. More subtle changes throughout the uni as well.  

    And most importantly, they got rid of that horrible number font.

    I don't love all the Chargers uniform combos, but the blue and white and white and white ones are nice. Also like the dark blue Color Rush unis.