Schedule Released!
-
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".
Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
-
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".
Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
Christmas in NYC anyone?
-
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
Christmas in NYC anyone?
Christmas in NYC anyone?
In Coronaville? I don't think so.??
-
Mid December Monday Night game vs Baltimore will be a tad nipply.
-
Ravens with time to prepare (we should know Lamar by now but still). Week 1 maybe catch them off guard. They will be seeing new Browns schemes.
Burrow second start in the Pound Like that too.
Redskins at home. Yep.
great shot at 3-0.
Brutal stretch after the bye but three of those at homes.
Tanking NY teams at the end.
Beat the Steelers at home to seal a playoff spot.
this could be the most favorable schedule in a long time
-
We are playing the Jags Week 12
We are playing the Jags Week 12
That's a dub.
-
Ravens with time to prepare (we should know Lamar by now but still). Week 1 maybe catch them off guard. They will be seeing new Browns schemes.
Burrow second start in the Pound Like that too.
Redskins at home. Yep.
great shot at 3-0.
Brutal stretch after the bye but three of those at homes.
Tanking NY teams at the end.
Beat the Steelers at home to seal a playoff spot.
this could be the most favorable schedule in a long time
Ravens with time to prepare (we should know Lamar by now but still). Week 1 maybe catch them off guard. They will be seeing new Browns schemes.
Burrow second start in the Pound Like that too.
Redskins at home. Yep.
great shot at 3-0.
Brutal stretch after the bye but three of those at homes.
Tanking NY teams at the end.
Beat the Steelers at home to seal a playoff spot.
this could be the most favorable schedule in a long time
Like they always say "on paper" is 50% wrong. But if this team has their sh-t just a little bit together, you see 10 wins, or more.
-
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".
Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".
Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
Bengals will be a mess. W. No rookie QB wins vs. any semblance of a team.
-
My theory is just go out and kick the Ravens ass opening day. Why the hell not?
-
So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".
Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.
Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.
Bengals will be a mess. W. No rookie QB wins vs. any semblance of a team.
Bengals will be a mess. W. No rookie QB wins vs. any semblance of a team.
The Bengals will be improved due to a great draft and being very active in FA. I'm simply pointing out that a short week dos not help us. All we need to add is more of the overconfidence like that you are willing to supply.
As for rookie QBs... Roethlisberger would beg to differ. Also Mahomes... Jackson... Marino...
-
Ravens with time to prepare (we should know Lamar by now but still). Week 1 maybe catch them off guard. They will be seeing new Browns schemes.
Burrow second start in the Pound Like that too.
Redskins at home. Yep.
great shot at 3-0.
Brutal stretch after the bye but three of those at homes.
Tanking NY teams at the end.
Beat the Steelers at home to seal a playoff spot.
this could be the most favorable schedule in a long time
Like they always say "on paper" is 50% wrong. But if this team has their sh-t just a little bit together, you see 10 wins, or more.
Like they always say "on paper" is 50% wrong. But if this team has their sh-t just a little bit together, you see 10 wins, or more.
I think they are going to be ready for Lamar in Week 1. And I’d rather catch the Rats cold then get them when they could be rolling.
Yes. I see 10 wins.Looking back last season the schedule was brutal. You had a very disciplined And physical Titans team right out of the gate- even at 8-8 the year before it was a tough matchup. Then all the Primetime games early in the year. A cross country Monday Night roadie. The saying if it doesn’t kill you it only makes you stronger well it killed the team (along with other things too).
This season they have the bye week smack dab in the middle before a tough stretch. Hopefully they’ve got some wins and confidence (In what we do) under the belt headed to that stretch.
if they are at 7 wins going to New York I like the chances. They can win out and sit at 10-6.
-
Bengals will be a mess. W. No rookie QB wins vs. any semblance of a team.
The Bengals will be improved due to a great draft and being very active in FA. I'm simply pointing out that a short week dos not help us. All we need to add is more of the overconfidence like that you are willing to supply.
As for rookie QBs... Roethlisberger would beg to differ. Also Mahomes... Jackson... Marino...
The Bengals will be improved due to a great draft and being very active in FA. I'm simply pointing out that a short week dos not help us. All we need to add is more of the overconfidence like that you are willing to supply.
As for rookie QBs... Roethlisberger would beg to differ. Also Mahomes... Jackson... Marino...
I’m looking at the Bengals game as a favor. Short week At beginning of the season (first true road game) for a rookie QB. Yikes for them.
short week we pound Nick Chubb and play some defense and attack a rookie QB.
-
The Bengals will be improved due to a great draft and being very active in FA. I'm simply pointing out that a short week dos not help us. All we need to add is more of the overconfidence like that you are willing to supply.
As for rookie QBs... Roethlisberger would beg to differ. Also Mahomes... Jackson... Marino...
I’m looking at the Bengals game as a favor. Short week At beginning of the season (first true road game) for a rookie QB. Yikes for them.
short week we pound Nick Chubb and play some defense and attack a rookie QB.
I’m looking at the Bengals game as a favor. Short week At beginning of the season (first true road game) for a rookie QB. Yikes for them.
short week we pound Nick Chubb and play some defense and attack a rookie QB.Not sure simplifying a game plan is the way to go, but I see your glass-half-full point... when it comes to the Bengals. I actually agree it's a game we should win, but I don't see it being made easier by the quick turnaround.
Ravens? Not so much... for starters there's no way to prepare for their Offense. Doesn't matter how much time we have. So we will have to outscore them to win. And that bumps into the little matter of our first year in a new Offense vs. what promises to once again be a very good Raven's D.
I can see us playing them tough and hanging in for a half, but in the end them pulling away.
But it's still early... and FA isn't over. Add a Clowney or a Griffen to our DL and the balance shifts a little in our direction. Enough for me to see a "W"? Not today, but it's still early.
-
I know some of you POSSIBLY talked about a Dallas Browns Board tailgate. Just wondering what the continued thoughts and ideas on that now that we know the date of October 4.
Of course, there are some mighty big "Ifs" involved. If the game is played even and not canceled? If it is played but no fans would be allowed? If it is played and if fans are allowed, how restrictive would things be in terms of seating. (some said that they may only allow like 1/4th or 1/3rd capacity. And even if all that were not an issue, would you still be willing to risk it? Would tailgating even be available....or advisable?
For me, if all those IFs were answered in the positive, I would still have issues. I am already planning a 2+ week to the Southwest for mid to late Oct. (New Mex/Utah). I have a condo timeshare resort stay booked for the St. George Utah area from 10/22-10/29, plus I plan to spend another week wandering around northern New Mexico. If this game had been scheduled for just one week later, it may have fit pretty well into my plans. I would have only had to extend my plans 3-4 nights to DO Dallas. With it being on the 4th...I would have to extend my trip for another 10-12 days. But what would I do with all the extra days? I could do a bucket list trip that would cover a lot of Colorado.....or I could go spend a week with my daughter in San Antonio? Or I could try to get a resort in the Dallas area for a week. Dallas is an area I have not spent much time in. I have never cared for that area, always thought it was a boring city/area..... but maybe the fall could be a decent time of year to relax some, and see a bit of the area and give it a chance.
But, any of those would mean I would be away from home for literally the entire month of October. I also don't know if I could afford all the extra nights in hotels/resorts, even cheap ones! I now have a good comfortable car that I can drive that would make this trip (Lincoln MKS) so that would not be the major problem. (except that it IS a pretty big gas guzzler). I just have to take precautions against having another DVT (blood clot)....but that means stopping every 1.5 hours and doing a brisk 5 minute walk. But the hammer would be that I could miss being with my wife on her birthday (Oct. 2), as that would have to be the day I would have to leave Ohio to go to Big D. I would have to make it up to her if I leave on her B-day, which I could do with the right bribery. (but trust me here, my wife is a material girl, personal attention would be insufficient......it would take something that cost $$$$)
I also know that Z and some of you may be planning a Jacksonville thing for later (Nov. 29). That could be more viable for a lot of reasons. I could consider extending that trip with a stay in like Daytona Beach, or Hilton Head.
I know it is early days, but What plans are being made for JAX......if all the Ifs come out positive?
-
Mid December Monday Night game vs Baltimore will be a tad nipply.
-
Indeed.
Has Lamar Jackson played any games in the NFL on a bad field?
-
^^ No wonder Romo had a stutter ^^ with those nice utters (-)(-)
I had honestly thought, that the John Clayton Nfc idea, had a real chance of happening with the stage of the pandemic.. But hey, we should have all hands on deck & the short week will be out of the way in week 2..
I remember'd opening a season game in Philly... so I thought they might return the favor back to us.. pandemic? maybe preferred to see this?
a) starting with Philly and or Redskins both at home Week 1 & 2..(very movable)
b) We'd play in Dallas Thanksgiving
c) Bengals week 3 1pm
d) at Ravens week 4 TNF
e) 10 days off till week 5 at Pittsburgh...than vs Colts week 6 & carry on games from week 7...
hope to see our best.. but some of these state governors are not ready for this thing to open..can't say i don't blame them as of the schedule release date
-
I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login