Skip to content

Schedule Released!

The Browns Board
75 18 3.1k
  • I know some of you  POSSIBLY talked about a Dallas Browns Board tailgate.  Just wondering what the continued thoughts and ideas on that  now that we know the date of October  4.

    Of course, there are some mighty big "Ifs"  involved.  If the game is played even and not canceled? If it is played but no fans would be allowed? If it is played and if fans are allowed, how restrictive would things be in terms of seating.  (some said that they may only allow like 1/4th or 1/3rd capacity.  And even if all that were not an issue, would you still be willing to risk it?    Would tailgating even be available....or advisable?  

    For me,  if all those IFs were answered in the positive, I would still have issues.  I am already planning a 2+ week to the Southwest  for mid to late Oct. (New Mex/Utah).  I have a condo timeshare resort stay booked for the St. George Utah area from 10/22-10/29, plus I plan to spend another week wandering around northern New Mexico.     If this game had been scheduled for just one week later, it may have fit pretty well  into my plans.  I would have only had to extend my plans 3-4 nights to DO Dallas.  With it being on the 4th...I would have to extend my trip  for another 10-12 days.  But what would I do with all the extra days?    I could  do a bucket list trip that would cover a lot of Colorado.....or I could go spend a week with my daughter in San Antonio?  Or I could try to get a resort in the Dallas area for a week. Dallas is an area I have not spent much time in.  I have never cared for that area, always thought it was a boring city/area..... but maybe the fall could be a decent time of year to relax some, and see a bit of the area and give it a chance. 

    But, any of those would mean I would be away from home for literally the entire month of October.  I also don't know if I could afford all the extra nights in hotels/resorts, even cheap ones!   I now have a good comfortable car that I can drive that would make this trip (Lincoln MKS) so that would not be the major problem. (except that it IS a pretty big gas guzzler).  I just have to take precautions against having another DVT (blood clot)....but that means stopping every 1.5 hours and doing a brisk  5 minute walk.  But  the hammer would be that I could miss being with my wife on her birthday  (Oct. 2), as that would have to be the day I would have to leave  Ohio to go to Big D.   I would have to make it up to her if I leave on her B-day, which I could do with the right bribery.  (but trust me here,  my wife is a material girl,  personal attention would be insufficient......it would take  something that cost $$$$) 

    I also know that Z and some of you may be planning a  Jacksonville thing for later  (Nov. 29).  That could be more viable for a lot of reasons.  I could consider extending that trip with a stay in like Daytona Beach, or Hilton Head. 

    I know it is early days,   but  What plans are being made for JAX......if all the Ifs  come out positive?

  • Mid December Monday Night game vs Baltimore will be a tad nipply. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mid December Monday Night game vs Baltimore will be a tad nipply. 

    Indeed.

    todays-forecast-a-tit-bit-nipply-better-

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Mid December Monday Night game vs Baltimore will be a tad nipply. 

    Indeed.

    todays-forecast-a-tit-bit-nipply-better-

    @the-gipper said:

    Indeed.

    todays-forecast-a-tit-bit-nipply-better-

    Has Lamar Jackson played any games in the NFL on a bad field?

  • ^^  No wonder Romo had a stutter ^^ with those nice utters (-)(-)

    I had honestly thought, that the John Clayton Nfc idea, had a real chance of happening with the stage of the pandemic.. But hey, we should have all hands on deck & the short week will be out of the way in week 2..

    I remember'd opening a season game in Philly... so I thought they might return the favor back to us..  pandemic? maybe preferred to see this? 

    a) starting with Philly and or Redskins both at home Week 1 & 2..(very movable)

    b) We'd play in Dallas Thanksgiving  

    c) Bengals week 3 1pm

    d) at Ravens week 4 TNF

    e) 10 days off till week 5 at Pittsburgh...than vs Colts week 6 & carry on games from week 7...

    hope to see our best.. but some of these state governors are not ready for this thing to open..can't say i don't blame them as of the schedule release date  

  • I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.

  • I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.

    @mjp28 said:

    I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.

    thank god i enjoy the 10 a.m starts on sundays

  • @mjp28 said:

    I see the NFL has cut way back on the BROWNS in primetime after their disappointing last season.

    thank god i enjoy the 10 a.m starts on sundays

    @atom said:

    thank god i enjoy the 10 a.m starts on sundays

    I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

  • @atom said:

    thank god i enjoy the 10 a.m starts on sundays

    I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

    Could be worse... could live in Hawaii...

  • So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

    Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.

    Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.

    @tour2ma said:

    So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

    Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.

    Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.

    I still think the Bengals are a lay up. Rookie QBs suck. BLT ain't no joke 

    LB Patrick Queen, LSU
    2 55* RB J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
    3 71* DL Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
    3 92 WR Devin Duvernay, Texas

    That's sick. Queen, Dobbins, Duvernay? Damn. 

  • @atom said:

    thank god i enjoy the 10 a.m starts on sundays

    I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

    really weird at first walking to the bar at 8:30 to 9 to get a good table but it was fun hanging with The Browns Backers 

  • I see that  Z's  Naples Browns Backers have put out some  information on their planned trip to the Jacksonville game.  Tailgate, tickets, hotels perhaps.

    I will allow Z to disclose details as I am not sure if their group would have any policy or limitations on non-members joining along.   I know there has been some interest expressed there, including by me. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    So much for rumors like "all the AFC/NFC meetings will be in the 1st 4 weeks".

    Tough opening turnaround for us with BLT on a Sunday then hosting the Bengals the following Thursday nite.

    Also gets a little crazy at the end with 3 games in a 12-day span... hosting BLT on MNF than at NYG and at NYJ.

    I still think the Bengals are a lay up. Rookie QBs suck. BLT ain't no joke 

    LB Patrick Queen, LSU
    2 55* RB J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
    3 71* DL Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
    3 92 WR Devin Duvernay, Texas

    That's sick. Queen, Dobbins, Duvernay? Damn. 

    @icecube said:

    Rookie QBs suck.

    So Baker and his rookie TD record sucked?

    On paper the Bengals may be 2nd to only the Fins as the most improved team this off season.

    Should we still win? Yes. My point was that the short week makes it less sure.

  • @icecube said:

    Rookie QBs suck.

    So Baker and his rookie TD record sucked?

    On paper the Bengals may be 2nd to only the Fins as the most improved team this off season.

    Should we still win? Yes. My point was that the short week makes it less sure.

    @tour2ma said:

    So Baker and his rookie TD record sucked?

    On paper the Bengals may be 2nd to only the Fins as the most improved team this off season.

    Should we still win? Yes. My point was that the short week makes it less sure.

    Well, it will be a short week for them as well....which should be more difficult for a team with a rookie QB.

  • I was catching up on some articles when this stopped me cold...

    Baltimore caught a break when schedules were released last week. The Ravens are the only team favored in all 16 games, and they don’t travel to the West Coast once.

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/05/is-an-offensive-regression-looming-for-baltimore-what-does-it-mean-for-the-cleveland-browns.html

    Not sure how rare it is to be favored in every game this early, but I'm pretty sure it is not common.

  • Baltimore caught a break when schedules were released last week. The Ravens are the only team favored in all 16 games, and they don’t travel to the West Coast once.

    NO  AFCN team has to play on the west coast this year.   The Browns and the Steelers only have to go as far west as Dallas, and the Bengals and Ravens go to Houston, I believe.  

    As for the Ravens being favored in every game......that is just tommyrot, horsefeathers,  fiddle faddle, claptrap, poppycock  at this point. 

  • Update on the Potential  Jaguars away game possible tailgate.  Here is from Jags website:

    The Jaguars provided the update below to season ticket members this morning regarding the 2020 season.

    The health and safety of the entire Jaguars family, including our fans, remains our highest priority. Alongside our stadium partners and national and local healthcare experts, we have and will continue to work diligently to develop new protocols to ensure our team can return to the field with a clear focus on winning and our fans can return to the stadium with peace of mind.

    It was our sincere hope to welcome a capacity crowd to TIAA Bank Field this fall and celebrate together with the First Coast community. However, with the health and well-being of everyone in mind, the Jaguars anticipate reducing capacity this season. In compliance with state and local authorities and following CDC social distancing guidelines, TIAA Bank Field will be able to seat approximately 25 percent of its capacity at each Jaguars home game in 2020. Once the season begins, any future increase in capacity will depend on developments on the health and safety front.

    As a ticket holder, here is what you need to know regarding tickets in 2020:

    · All season tickets will be returned, and funds paid to date will be credited to accounts. Any payments scheduled for July have been canceled. Season ticket members will have the opportunity to apply credited funds towards the purchase of tickets this season or in 2021.

    · Full cash refunds will also be made available upon request. _

    · The Jaguars are working with Ticketmaster to develop a new seating chart that allows for six feet of distance between unaffiliated parties. In early August, a new season ticket plan for 2020 will be introduced to existing season ticket members first. Access to tickets will be based on a variety of factors including account tenure. Based on demand, some single-game tickets may become available to the general public at a later date.

    · Attendance at Jaguars games in 2020 will have no effect on existing season ticket member status. Regardless of your decision to attend Jaguars games in 2020, your account tenure will remain intact. All 2020 seat locations will be protected and offered for renewal in 2021.

    The Jaguars and our stadium partners are also evaluating all aspects of our game day experience to ensure it is both safe and enjoyable for our fans. Additional protocols, including parking and entry procedures, are still being developed and will be communicated prior to the start of the season, but will include the following:

    · Guests planning to attend games in 2020 will be required to wear face coverings as required by current guidelines.

    · TIAA Bank Field will transition to cashless payment for most exchanges including merchandise and food purchases. _

    · Additional hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the stadium along with increased directional signage to encourage social distancing.

    In the coming weeks, you will receive instructions on how to purchase 2020 season tickets under the revised plan. We will continue to provide you with timely updates that allow you to make an informed decision. _

    In the meantime, please reach out to a Jaguars account representative or by calling the ticket office at 904-633-2000 or email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

    They are mainly addressing things  to their season ticket holders.  It does not say so, but I suspect any tailgaiting would be disallowed,  and only a few single game tickets will be sold.

    So, can we make an assumption that any  JAX  game tailgate is pretty much OFF? 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I wonder how long it would take me to ever get used to NFL games starting at 10am... 

    really weird at first walking to the bar at 8:30 to 9 to get a good table but it was fun hanging with The Browns Backers 

    @atom said:

    really weird at first walking to the bar at 8:30 to 9 to get a good table but it was fun hanging with The Browns Backers 

    I love that.  Breakfast Burrito and the Browns.  A wonderful combination.

  • @atom said:

    really weird at first walking to the bar at 8:30 to 9 to get a good table but it was fun hanging with The Browns Backers 

    I love that.  Breakfast Burrito and the Browns.  A wonderful combination.

    @ballpeen said:

    I love that.  Breakfast Burrito and the Browns.  A wonderful combination.

    I wonder if it will happen this year last cj mccullum from the Trail Blazers was there

  • OK guys, this is the evening of  August 29th about 10:00 pm.   See this:

    Week Date Opponent Time TV Tickets
    1 Sept. 13 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
    2 Sept. 17 (Thurs.) Cincinnati Bengals 8:20 p.m. NFLN Tickets

    In a couple of hours, these games will be just  14  and 18 days away.  

    But...I will be traveling both dates.  I will be  heading to Lake George NY for the first game, and on to Ithaca NY for the Thursday nighter. 

    Needless to say,  the game will shortly be afoot.

    But, for some reason I detect a subdued attitude around here.

    Rona Blues?  Injury concerns?   Or, just 30 years of depressing results come home to roost? 

  • OK guys, this is the evening of  August 29th about 10:00 pm.   See this:

    Week Date Opponent Time TV Tickets
    1 Sept. 13 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. CBS Tickets
    2 Sept. 17 (Thurs.) Cincinnati Bengals 8:20 p.m. NFLN Tickets

    In a couple of hours, these games will be just  14  and 18 days away.  

    But...I will be traveling both dates.  I will be  heading to Lake George NY for the first game, and on to Ithaca NY for the Thursday nighter. 

    Needless to say,  the game will shortly be afoot.

    But, for some reason I detect a subdued attitude around here.

    Rona Blues?  Injury concerns?   Or, just 30 years of depressing results come home to roost? 

    @the-gipper said:

    But, for some reason I detect a subdued attitude around here.

    Rona Blues?  Injury concerns?   Or, just 30 years of depressing results come home to roost? 

    Normally I'm one of the most active people on this board (for better or worse, haha) and I'm definitely feeling "off" this year. I'm beyond devastated for Delpit and Mack, and I honestly think we're in deep shit week 1 with playing the damn Ravens. It was pretty much the worst draw we could have gotten. They know exactly what they want to do, how to do it, and this same team basically won 12 in a row in the regular season. That's bonkers. 

    What else am I concerned about? Baker Mayfield. I wish I felt confident about him, but I find myself still wondering about him. I read that he's still throwing high this camp. That scares me to death. Why is Myles always banged up? Is Jarvis really ready? How healthy is our secondary? Why do our linebackers look like the football version of "Major League"? Why did we draft a RT in the first round with the expectation of him starting at LT week 1? Did WE REALLY lose Schobert over a few million? 

    I dunno, this season is obviously strange, and my heart is broken for our fans. No training camp, no games, no tailgating. I just want a season...whatever it looks like. And I want to freaking win more than we lose. I don't trust our QB just yet, and I want more than anything for him to come out and take this job. I am tired of QB crap in Cleveland...I want our guy, our 15 year guy, and we might have him...but we might not.