Skip to content

Let's see who the Browns have met with...

The Browns Board
11 7 567 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #1

    pretty tough under the circumstances. Offensive tackles for sure.... unless Simmons falls to them...

    they will draft an OT.

    Doug Costin ?

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/03/10/draft-prospects-cleveland-browns-have-met-with/

    • Quarterback James Morgan (FIU)
    • Offensive Tackle Mehki Becton (Louisville)
    • Offensive Tackle Josh Jones (Houston)
    • Offensive Tackle Andrew Thomas (Georgia)
    • Offensive Tackle Jedrick Wills (Alabama)
    • Offensive Tackle Austin Jackson (USC)
    • Offensive Tackle Cameron Clark (UNC-Charlotte)
    • Offensive Tackle Tristan Wirfs (Iowa)
    • Defensive Lineman Doug Costin (Miami (OH))
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Looks like we expect to play "tackle" football...

    The FIU QB reminds me that I took Navy's QB in a sim a couple days ago while our site was down. Terrible passer, but a good runner and reportedly an even better WR.

    Looks like he could be the Edelman-like WR for whom I've been jonesing... and on the cheap at that.

  • Looks like we expect to play "tackle" football...

    The FIU QB reminds me that I took Navy's QB in a sim a couple days ago while our site was down. Terrible passer, but a good runner and reportedly an even better WR.

    Looks like he could be the Edelman-like WR for whom I've been jonesing... and on the cheap at that.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @tour2ma said:

    I took Navy's QB in a sim a couple days ago

    He was phenomenal running the ball against Army last year. 

  • Looks like we expect to play "tackle" football...

    The FIU QB reminds me that I took Navy's QB in a sim a couple days ago while our site was down. Terrible passer, but a good runner and reportedly an even better WR.

    Looks like he could be the Edelman-like WR for whom I've been jonesing... and on the cheap at that.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @tour2ma said:

    Looks like we expect to play "tackle" football...

    The FIU QB reminds me that I took Navy's QB in a sim a couple days ago while our site was down. Terrible passer, but a good runner and reportedly an even better WR.

    Looks like he could be the Edelman-like WR for whom I've been jonesing... and on the cheap at that.

    Cheap because you won't be having him for 5 years if you pick him in the draft.  Back in the day when they had  12-18 draft picks, the Cowboys could take a gamble in picking Roger Staubach in Round 12......but now with only 7 rounds, I doubt a GM would want to do that. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    This GM did...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

  • VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @gumby73 said:

    VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    Nice find gumby. Some interesting "unknowns" in that list for the Browns.

  • VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @gumby73 said:

    VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    GREAT ! Looking at the Browns' list - there is a position missing that surprises me. Safety. I would guess they are not tipping their hat to guys they have a very keen definite interest in at that position.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    If I didn’t like Gilbert...I’d take Morgan.  I think he has potential 

  • VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #10

    @gumby73 said:

    VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    Shocked the list is so short. Not a single "LOC" (Local) designation to be found. I assume local VIRs are outside the 30-count restriction...

    Other things that caught my eye...

    • we got in two Pro-Days prior to their cancellation... both were RBs, and
    • looks like Callahan got his hands on one OT prospect prior to the suspension of Private Workouts... Ezra Cleveland.
  • @gumby73 said:

    VIR=Virtual Meetings...teams get 30, 1 hour long, logged by the NFL.. this was updated today..should get busy this week.. https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam     

    Shocked the list is so short. Not a single "LOC" (Local) designation to be found. I assume local VIRs are outside the 30-count restriction...

    Other things that caught my eye...

    • we got in two Pro-Days prior to their cancellation... both were RBs, and
    • looks like Callahan got his hands on one OT prospect prior to the suspension of Private Workouts... Ezra Cleveland.
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Shocked the list is so short.

     Berry was not officially announced till Jan. 27th**...Berry was officially still working for the Eagles for Shrine Bowl week with game on 1-23.. Still with Eagles all Senior Bowl game week too, Game was played on 1-25-20...I saw nothing on this same report that Eliot Wolfe was ever credited for before Berry was announced..     

    Oddly, I see 3 (OT Cameron Clark,Austin Edwards,Carter O'Donnell) that may have carried over to us from Philly interviews? Ezra Cleveland also shows up as Combine meetings with both teams..

    looks like Callahan got his hands on one OT prospect prior to the suspension of Private Workouts... Ezra Cleveland.

     the only other visit that i saw that might have got slipped in the last days of privates?    was also -- TCU's DT Ross Blacklock... reported in NFL rumors & bleacher.. A.Billings has been added..