Skip to content

1957

The Browns Board
39 9 1.5k
  • I believe the movie that had said quote was "Gandhi"... 

    What do I win? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I believe the movie that had said quote was "Gandhi"... 

    What do I win? 

    The 1st Annual Ghoolie Award..... congrats! 

  • I believe the movie that had said quote was "Gandhi"... 

    What do I win? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I believe the movie that had said quote was "Gandhi"... 

    What do I win? 

    Winner, winner roast beef sandwich dinner !   A delicious Arby's roast beef sandwich, curly fries and Jamocia shake.   😕

    .......the sports stories have been really getting juicy around here lately.

  • @the-gipper said:

    "Rock n Roll hasn't been the same since Buddy Holly died."

    Tell us what movie that line was from. 

    "Rock n Roll has been going downhill since Buddy Holly died."? 

    The actual quote.

    @texasag1969 said:

    "Rock n Roll has been going downhill since Buddy Holly died."? 

    The actual quote.

    He may have been right about that. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    "Rock n Roll has been going downhill since Buddy Holly died."? 

    The actual quote.

    and was filmed in Petaluma CA. 

    @d-bone said:

    and was filmed in Petaluma CA. 

    Which sat in for Modesto.

  • @d-bone said:

    and was filmed in Petaluma CA. 

    And the blond in the T-bird was.......................................

    @texasag1969 said:

    And the blond in the T-bird was.......................................

    Says that she still has sex  2 times a day. 

    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/suzanne-somers-has-sex-twice-daily-hormones-221844130.html

  • @d-bone said:

    and was filmed in Petaluma CA. 

    And the blond in the T-bird was.......................................

    @texasag1969 said:

    And the blond in the T-bird was.......................................

    Suzanne Somers...

    ... somewhere she is still molesting a Thigh Master...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And the blond in the T-bird was.......................................

    Suzanne Somers...

    ... somewhere she is still molesting a Thigh Master...

    @tour2ma said:

    Suzanne Somers...

    ... somewhere she is still molesting a Thigh Master...

    Well....see the link above.  At 73 still having Sex  twice a day.   So, apparently it is more than just they Thighmaster.   Perhaps the Thighmaster aids in that endeavour. 

  • Saw it... after I made my post.

  • @tour2ma said:

    My fav is Not Fade Away... seemed to be ahead of its time.

    And another 1957 classic draft and among the beginning members of the American muscle car class.......

    westlake-texas-october-19-1957-260nw-160456028.jpg

    concord-nc-september-21-interior-260nw-156161009.jpg

    57-Chevrolet-Sweet-smooth-and-sassy-1-750x500.jpg

    @mjp28 said:

    And another 1957 classic draft and among the beginning members of the American muscle car class.......

    westlake-texas-october-19-1957-260nw-160456028.jpg

    concord-nc-september-21-interior-260nw-156161009.jpg

    57-Chevrolet-Sweet-smooth-and-sassy-1-750x500.jpg

    My brothers friend had one, green and white.

  • @mjp28 said:

    And another 1957 classic draft and among the beginning members of the American muscle car class.......

    westlake-texas-october-19-1957-260nw-160456028.jpg

    concord-nc-september-21-interior-260nw-156161009.jpg

    57-Chevrolet-Sweet-smooth-and-sassy-1-750x500.jpg

    My brothers friend had one, green and white.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My brothers friend had one, green and white.

    Yeah a good friend I knew in Venezuela sold a really good horse to get a black & silver one in the mid-60s. He was a Vietnam vet but a bit of a sociopath. Ended up in prison 5 years and later shot to death by San Antonio Police. I never found out why, but I did find his gravesite in a National Cemetery which at least honors his service. RIP SSG Robert "Bobby" Estros. We had some fun times down at the beaches of Venezuela for sure. We were both born in the same hospital in Beaumont about two weeks apart. 

    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/3023090/robert-girard-estros

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My brothers friend had one, green and white.

    Yeah a good friend I knew in Venezuela sold a really good horse to get a black & silver one in the mid-60s. He was a Vietnam vet but a bit of a sociopath. Ended up in prison 5 years and later shot to death by San Antonio Police. I never found out why, but I did find his gravesite in a National Cemetery which at least honors his service. RIP SSG Robert "Bobby" Estros. We had some fun times down at the beaches of Venezuela for sure. We were both born in the same hospital in Beaumont about two weeks apart. 

    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/3023090/robert-girard-estros

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah a good friend I knew in Venezuela sold a really good horse to get a black & silver one in the mid-60s. He was a Vietnam vet but a bit of a sociopath. Ended up in prison 5 years and later shot to death by San Antonio Police. I never found out why, but I did find his gravesite in a National Cemetery which at least honors his service. RIP SSG Robert "Bobby" Estros. We had some fun times down at the beaches of Venezuela for sure. We were both born in the same hospital in Beaumont about two weeks apart. 

    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/3023090/robert-girard-estros

    I come from a family of sociopaths, so I can relate.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah a good friend I knew in Venezuela sold a really good horse to get a black & silver one in the mid-60s. He was a Vietnam vet but a bit of a sociopath. Ended up in prison 5 years and later shot to death by San Antonio Police. I never found out why, but I did find his gravesite in a National Cemetery which at least honors his service. RIP SSG Robert "Bobby" Estros. We had some fun times down at the beaches of Venezuela for sure. We were both born in the same hospital in Beaumont about two weeks apart. 

    https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/3023090/robert-girard-estros

    I come from a family of sociopaths, so I can relate.?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I come from a family of sociopaths, so I can relate.?

    Well you notice I did not document any of the socio things we did together down there. ? 

    But he was good enough to make E-6 in Vietnam up from the ranks. That means a lot in my book.? 

    EDIT: And at the bottom of the tombstone    Purple Heart

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I come from a family of sociopaths, so I can relate.?

    Well you notice I did not document any of the socio things we did together down there. ? 

    But he was good enough to make E-6 in Vietnam up from the ranks. That means a lot in my book.? 

    EDIT: And at the bottom of the tombstone    Purple Heart

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well you notice I did not document any of the socio things we did together down there. ? 

    But he was good enough to make E-6 in Vietnam up from the ranks. That means a lot in my book.? 

    EDIT: And at the bottom of the tombstone    Purple Heart

    A stone can say a lot.....

    3023090_1427635048.jpg

  • My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

  • My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

    @d-bone said:

    My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

    Which Blvd is the main drag there where they filmed. You can go to street level with google maps like I have been doing with my grandson to show him different cites in the world where I have been. Fun to use that to take a "walk" with.

  • @d-bone said:

    My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

    Which Blvd is the main drag there where they filmed. You can go to street level with google maps like I have been doing with my grandson to show him different cites in the world where I have been. Fun to use that to take a "walk" with.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Which Blvd is the main drag there where they filmed. You can go to street level with google maps like I have been doing with my grandson to show him different cites in the world where I have been. Fun to use that to take a "walk" with.

    I was through Petaluma  a couple of years ago....didn't really see the "cruise strip" there.  

    I had gone to Modesto once and cruised around there.....many years .before I realized they did not use Modesto to be Modesto.

  • @d-bone said:

    My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

    Which Blvd is the main drag there where they filmed. You can go to street level with google maps like I have been doing with my grandson to show him different cites in the world where I have been. Fun to use that to take a "walk" with.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Which Blvd is the main drag there where they filmed. You can go to street level with google maps like I have been doing with my grandson to show him different cites in the world where I have been. Fun to use that to take a "walk" with.

    Lala's Creamery 134 Petaluma Blvd N Petaluma, CA 94952

    https://maps.roadtrippers.com/trips/16221018

    https://www.sonomacounty.com/sonoma-events/petalumas-salute-american-graffiti

  • My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

    @d-bone said:

    My daughter graduated from Sonoma State in 2017, and the night of her ceremony we ended up at super cool ice cream parlor in downtown Petaluma. I was already on cloud nine as she is the 1st in my family to graduate with a BS/BA - heck, 1st ever to just go to college, and on top of that the city shut down the blvd (where the movie was filmed) to have a classic/muscle car parade roar up and down the strip while we ate out ice cream. I had goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

    I still smile when I think back on that entire day. 

    Great ice cream store. Right off the square. Been there a few times. Mucho congrats on your daughter's accomplishments.