Coronavirus and the NFL
-
Just lazy, or something else? I don't recall if you have done so in the past.
I have not participated in the past.
I don't have any interest I suppose would be the reason.
I have not participated in the past.
I don't have any interest I suppose would be the reason.
Fair enough.
-
I have not participated in the past.
I don't have any interest I suppose would be the reason.
Fair enough.
Fair enough.
Have fun though!
-
I have not participated in the past.
I don't have any interest I suppose would be the reason.
Fair enough.
Fair enough.
Have fun though!
Compassion. Tolerance. Empathy.
#AMERICASTRONG
-
Fair enough.
Have fun though!
Compassion. Tolerance. Empathy.
#AMERICASTRONG
Compassion. Tolerance. Empathy.
#AMERICASTRONG
And it looks like the hoarders are finally getting the message at the grocery stores. Stock is improving.... Except for one product.
LOL, a little FYI- Charmin's main plant in Pennsylvania is still open, is cranking out product 24\7 by the trainload, and employs 2,200 workers. Even got some of their mothballed idled equipment up and running.
Looks like the great TP Scare of 2020 will soon be over.
-
Compassion. Tolerance. Empathy.
#AMERICASTRONG
And it looks like the hoarders are finally getting the message at the grocery stores. Stock is improving.... Except for one product.
LOL, a little FYI- Charmin's main plant in Pennsylvania is still open, is cranking out product 24\7 by the trainload, and employs 2,200 workers. Even got some of their mothballed idled equipment up and running.
Looks like the great TP Scare of 2020 will soon be over.
And it looks like the hoarders are finally getting the message at the grocery stores. Stock is improving.... Except for one product.
LOL, a little FYI- Charmin's main plant in Pennsylvania is still open, is cranking out product 24\7 by the trainload, and employs 2,200 workers. Even got some of their mothballed idled equipment up and running.
Looks like the great TP Scare of 2020 will soon be over.
I was well stocked long before this shit went down...( No Pun ) ... I have 16 rolls left...
-
And it looks like the hoarders are finally getting the message at the grocery stores. Stock is improving.... Except for one product.
LOL, a little FYI- Charmin's main plant in Pennsylvania is still open, is cranking out product 24\7 by the trainload, and employs 2,200 workers. Even got some of their mothballed idled equipment up and running.
Looks like the great TP Scare of 2020 will soon be over.
I was well stocked long before this shit went down...( No Pun ) ... I have 16 rolls left...
-
You lie when you say no pun intended. !!!!!
How in the hell would you know?.. You're not sitting in my chair!!
-
You lie when you say no pun intended. !!!!!
How in the hell would you know?.. You're not sitting in my chair!!
-
-
Weird how so many actors and politicians are contracting it.
Probably no more than regular folk. And what about athletes? Its just that they are the ones you hear about. ...or, like Dutch said, they are the ones that can go get private testing.
Now, even Prince Charles has it. And he is certainly in the "concern group" just because of his age which is 71.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-prince-charles-tests-positive-for-covid-19-11963363
-
There have been 9 in our town and 19 in the county which is only those tested and confirmed. We are now on stay at home orders in this county as well as Travis county S of us with Austin part of that. If those 9 infected 10 each and on and on, there was good reason to place the lock-down. True number is unknown.
-
Still one case here in home county, but things are heating up all around us... especially to the east in Louisiana where the current rate of case rise is reported to be the highest seen in the world to date.
Happy Mardi Gras! Hey, Babe! Show me your virus!
Virus was even being transmitted via beads...
-
Was it true that Texas was slow to take this seriously?
I thought I heard - and correct me if I'm wrong - that Texas still had restaurants and bars open recently?
-
Was it true that Texas was slow to take this seriously?
I thought I heard - and correct me if I'm wrong - that Texas still had restaurants and bars open recently?
Was it true that Texas was slow to take this seriously?
I thought I heard - and correct me if I'm wrong - that Texas still had restaurants and bars open recently?
Most counties are still open but mine is not. We can get takeout from restaurants, but otherwise travel is limited to essential only. We had planned a bluebonnet viewing trip this morning, but the limitations were put on by the county judge last night starting at midnight. With my luck we would have been stopped and fined driving through one of the podunk towns in the west side of the county on our way to the hill country bluebonnets. We will just have to walk over to the church about 4 blocks away where they have a huge open area full of them. You are allowed out to walk or bicycle as long as you maintain social distance of 6 ft or more.
-
Was it true that Texas was slow to take this seriously?
I thought I heard - and correct me if I'm wrong - that Texas still had restaurants and bars open recently?
Was it true that Texas was slow to take this seriously?
I thought I heard - and correct me if I'm wrong - that Texas still had restaurants and bars open recently?
I'm not near a major population center like Ag is, but even here in The Piney Woods of the East Texas Hill Country our local gov'ts have been taking this pretty seriously for quite a while.
In addition to the minimum stuff like handwashing, distancing, group size, etc... schools have been closed for nearly 2 weeks... churches have suspended services and other gatherings... most businesses are closed or running on reduced staffs with telecommuting, e.g., my wife goes into her office, but handful of co-workers are well spread out and the front door is locked to visitors... restaurants are take out only... etc.
And all the above is in light of only one confirmed case in the county with just under 300 tests in to date.
Mayor is still keeping the big gun, mandatory stay at home, in reserve for now, but he's already announced he will not hesitate to use it at the first sign of spread. In fact was ready to a couple days ago when all signs were that we had a 2nd case looming, but results were negative.
Now the population here in Trump Country? Different matter... very split. Many don't get the fuss... others think we're reacting appropriately... and some even think we need to go further.
Side Note: Many restaurants that have not seen enough carry out business are selling out their fresh food inventory at reasonable prices.
-
Fun fact: Italian death rate for Lombardi isn't higher than normal.
Again: The issue isn't "are people coming down with something" -- better phrased, it's "Are people being affected AND HAVING THE NEGATIVE OUTCOME at a higher rate than what might be expected by chance" -- and to date the answer is a resounding no. Granted, "by chance" is doing a lot of work in that sentence.. but still, facts are fun.
Where are all the coffin off that cruise ship? So.. 10 died out of the 800 who tested positive.. and what's the demographics of the population that goes on cruises? Who wants to bet $5 that those 10 had a med reconciliation list longer than a page? Although we can't say any of those people were certain to fall over when they did.. reality is that we can't say why they stayed alive that long either.
The problem from the medical perspective is.. this isn't actually kicking up death rates, so from hospital perspective it's just business as usual with patients who are more scared than normal. All this talk about "ventilators" that you hear... As a patient you want to AVOID a vent if at all possible because the stats on those [especially w covid] are something like 90-95% of people who go on a vent never come off.. so that sounds to me like a scheme to bill for more cash rather than actually save lives. It's not ventilators that save lives -- it's testing more population earlier to start interventions earlier. [and avoid sugar in your 20's so you don't get diabetes in your 40's and go on the list of people with a compromised system etc etc]
This is kind of fascinating as a human psychology study : it's like the entire world is rediscovering that nature always wins. Even so.. don't freak out..
Sean Payton is by far the "normal" example of what happens to a person who has the corona - feels like normal flu, improving after a couple days.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
