Movies that stop your channel surfing dead in its tracks...
-
- Predator
- Hunt for Red October
- Tombstone
- Batman Begins
Yes....though I think that the followup Batman movie, with Heath Ledger as The Joker is the most compelling of that Christian Bale Trilogy.
Of course, an interesting thing is that two different actors won Oscars playing the same role....that of a real psychopathic villain.
-
- Tombstone
One scene only... it starts with...
"I'm your huckleberry... Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."
... and ends with...
"My hypocrisy only goes so far."
With gem after gem in between...
I always wanted to take the best of the Tombstone cast and merge it with the best of Wyatt Earp's...
- Wyatt - Costner.... WE 1 Tmb 0
- Doc - Val.... WE 1 Tmb 7... yeah, Kilmer was that much better than D. Quaid
- Josie... Joanna Going... WE 5 Tmb 7
- Curley Joe - Powers Booth... WE 5 Tmb 10
Et cetera...
-
- Tombstone
One scene only... it starts with...
"I'm your huckleberry... Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."
... and ends with...
"My hypocrisy only goes so far."
With gem after gem in between...
I always wanted to take the best of the Tombstone cast and merge it with the best of Wyatt Earp's...
- Wyatt - Costner.... WE 1 Tmb 0
- Doc - Val.... WE 1 Tmb 7... yeah, Kilmer was that much better than D. Quaid
- Josie... Joanna Going... WE 5 Tmb 7
- Curley Joe - Powers Booth... WE 5 Tmb 10
Et cetera...
One scene only... it starts with...
"I'm your huckleberry... Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."
... and ends with...
"My hypocrisy only goes so far."
With gem after gem in between...
I always wanted to take the best of the Tombstone cast and merge it with the best of Wyatt Earp's...
- Wyatt - Costner.... WE 1 Tmb 0
You have bumped your god damn head, sir.
-
One scene only... it starts with...
"I'm your huckleberry... Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."
... and ends with...
"My hypocrisy only goes so far."
With gem after gem in between...
I always wanted to take the best of the Tombstone cast and merge it with the best of Wyatt Earp's...
- Wyatt - Costner.... WE 1 Tmb 0
You have bumped your god damn head, sir.
-
Open Range is on a little later tonite... the final gun fight is a surf-stopper...
And while we are on Westerns...
- The Unforgiven... final gunfight...
- Silverado... the opening sequence in the cabin...
-
-
-
-
Tripped over another while posting in the main section of this Board a while ago today...
... the Football one, not the Political wannabe...

Almost Famous - probably my favorite Rock-themed movie...
Although another just came to mind that would stop any surfing if it were still airing...
The Commitments... a great story of an Dublin soul band's fast rise and even faster fall...
... and no, not Dublin, Ohio...
Cool thing about this lil gem is that the actors actually did sing everything... and there wasn't a single Russell Crow in the lot of 'em... a reference I know Steve will get.
Play? Don't think so, but who cares. The singing on covers of Motown classics was more than good enough to warrant buying the CD.
EDIT: I was going to link to an old review I felt sure would be here, but noooooooooooooooooo...
Steve... buddy...
-
Like HBO's Westworld?
Sorry, I live a guarded life.. Not familiar.. good?
-
Like HBO's Westworld?
Sorry, I live a guarded life.. Not familiar.. good?
-
Never could get into West World...
Watched the new HBO movie that premiered last nite, Bad Education. Very entertaining "based on a true story" tale that takes place in a posh, Long Island school system.
EDIT: Had the trailer up, but it really gives away TMI IMO... so just take a flyer on it.
-
Don't know if I mentioned this before but it was recently Rod steiger's birthday and it had been a good many years years since I'd seen the pawn broker. Powerful film ahead of its time. Actual nudity in the 60s. Not much but enough to surprise the shit out of me.
WSS
-
Don't know if I mentioned this before but it was recently Rod steiger's birthday and it had been a good many years years since I'd seen the pawn broker. Powerful film ahead of its time. Actual nudity in the 60s. Not much but enough to surprise the shit out of me.
WSS
Don't know if I mentioned this before but it was recently Rod steiger's birthday and it had been a good many years years since I'd seen the pawn broker. Powerful film ahead of its time. Actual nudity in the 60s. Not much but enough to surprise the shit out of me.
Prostitute disrobing in the shop to "tempt" Steiger into giving her a better deal IIRC. She might have been between a couple of racks of clothing?
Saw it in a Cleveland "Art Theater".
-
Don't know if I mentioned this before but it was recently Rod steiger's birthday and it had been a good many years years since I'd seen the pawn broker. Powerful film ahead of its time. Actual nudity in the 60s. Not much but enough to surprise the shit out of me.
Prostitute disrobing in the shop to "tempt" Steiger into giving her a better deal IIRC. She might have been between a couple of racks of clothing?
Saw it in a Cleveland "Art Theater".
-
-
You're obviously drunk, sir.
I was watching some of the Kevin Costner-- Earp/Dennis Quaid --Doc Holiday movie, just yesterday. It does not compare to Tombstone. I like those guys in lots of stuff (even in stuff a lot of people don't like: Waterworld/Postman).....but they are no comparison to this Kurt Russell/Val Kilmer movie. Not close.
-
I haven't been able to get through season 2. Season 1 was great.
WSS
Season 1 was great. Each season thereafter....2-3 has gone downhill. IMO. They just released the final episode of Season 3, and they do say there will be a Season 4. I am not sure why they need one.
SPOILER ALERT: Don't read here if you haven't seen it and want to:
(In the final episode of season 3 they killed off what I believe are the two main characters...which is why I am wondering about the need for Season 4)
-
-
The Godfather Trilogy
The Shawshank Redemption
The Ten Commandments
The recent reboot of Planet of The Apes
The Rocky Saga
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login