Virus models very inaccurate
-
Let the spinning commence
WSS
-
Let the spinning commence
WSS
Let the spinning commence
WSS
Wait, it's science..... !
-
Check it out folks...from CNN
I called it a couple weeks ago ...when I had said that when this is over we rational folks are gonna say "we told you so" and you leftist fear monger's are gonna claim the low death rate is because of social distancing. Riiiiiiight.
Top public health official says number of dead could be lower as Americans practice social distancing
A source close to the task force said it's possible the eventual death toll will be "way under" the 100,000-to-240,000 figure.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/white-house-coronavirus-death-projections/index.html
-
-
-
Let the spinning commence
WSS
Wait, it's science..... !
-
https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/491217-when-computer-models-create-mayhem
WSS
An opinion piece that moves into some climate change denier territory
The important take away is that the press will report more clickable numbers and people that don't know what they're looking at will eat it up. This doesn't discredit computer models or their purpose (or even their accuracy). It's just another example of taking the headline without the details or an understanding of the story and rolling with it
-
I wonder what's to be gained by exaggerating the effects? John Prine also just recently cancelled a tour because of heart surgery and near the end of March was also diagnosed with double pneumonia.
WSS
If someone has pneumonia but is expected to survive, but then gets Corona and dies, what is the cause of death?
What if someone has an underlying condition, like obesity, that is affecting their lifespan. Let's say they were going to die in 10 years. But they get Corona and die?
-
I wonder what's to be gained by exaggerating the effects? John Prine also just recently cancelled a tour because of heart surgery and near the end of March was also diagnosed with double pneumonia.
WSS
He had/has lung cancer too. Throat cancer. In and out of hospitals since the mid 90's. He was a mess.
-
I wonder what's to be gained by exaggerating the effects? John Prine also just recently cancelled a tour because of heart surgery and near the end of March was also diagnosed with double pneumonia.
WSS
If someone has pneumonia but is expected to survive, but then gets Corona and dies, what is the cause of death?
What if someone has an underlying condition, like obesity, that is affecting their lifespan. Let's say they were going to die in 10 years. But they get Corona and die?
If someone has pneumonia but is expected to survive, but then gets Corona and dies, what is the cause of death?
What if someone has an underlying condition, like obesity, that is affecting their lifespan. Let's say they were going to die in 10 years. But they get Corona and die?
Who knows but furthermore what's the difference? Lots of people die of pneumonia.
Like deaths on the highway, whether or not a driver's level of intoxication contributed to the accident it's going to be labeled a Drunk Driving death. I would imagine that a great number of people who died with influenza also have contributing factors but in the end is called an influenza death. There's always a what if but I don't see why that's a deal-breaker one way or the other?
WSS
-
I wonder what's to be gained by exaggerating the effects? John Prine also just recently cancelled a tour because of heart surgery and near the end of March was also diagnosed with double pneumonia.
WSS
If someone has pneumonia but is expected to survive, but then gets Corona and dies, what is the cause of death?
What if someone has an underlying condition, like obesity, that is affecting their lifespan. Let's say they were going to die in 10 years. But they get Corona and die?
If someone has pneumonia but is expected to survive, but then gets Corona and dies, what is the cause of death?
What if someone has an underlying condition, like obesity, that is affecting their lifespan. Let's say they were going to die in 10 years. But they get Corona and die?
I see your point but that's kind of extreme I think.
Corona kills the fat guy for sure but obesity isn't considered a pre-existing condition is it?
Yes Corona is what finally did these elderly sick people in, but I think the objective here is for us to keep in mind Corona is not an indiscriminate killer.
-
If someone has pneumonia but is expected to survive, but then gets Corona and dies, what is the cause of death?
What if someone has an underlying condition, like obesity, that is affecting their lifespan. Let's say they were going to die in 10 years. But they get Corona and die?
I see your point but that's kind of extreme I think.
Corona kills the fat guy for sure but obesity isn't considered a pre-existing condition is it?
Yes Corona is what finally did these elderly sick people in, but I think the objective here is for us to keep in mind Corona is not an indiscriminate killer.
I see your point but that's kind of extreme I think.
Corona kills the fat guy for sure but obesity isn't considered a pre-existing condition is it?
Yes Corona is what finally did these elderly sick people in, but I think the objective here is for us to keep in mind Corona is not an indiscriminate killer.
In some cases it isn't, and some it is. If it is 51% or more of the reason someone died should it count as Corona?
And honestly idk about obesity. Does that count as a pre-existing condition?
-

-
I see your point but that's kind of extreme I think.
Corona kills the fat guy for sure but obesity isn't considered a pre-existing condition is it?
Yes Corona is what finally did these elderly sick people in, but I think the objective here is for us to keep in mind Corona is not an indiscriminate killer.
In some cases it isn't, and some it is. If it is 51% or more of the reason someone died should it count as Corona?
And honestly idk about obesity. Does that count as a pre-existing condition?
In some cases it isn't, and some it is. If it is 51% or more of the reason someone died should it count as Corona?
And honestly idk about obesity. Does that count as a pre-existing condition?
No. Just looked it up.
Different preexisting conditions — including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and kidney disease — were found at varying rates among the patients who have died.
Remember how Italy is being hit hard.
Italy also reports about half of people who died with COVID-19 had three or more underlying conditions, while just 2% of deaths were in people with no preexisting ailments.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/age-risk-severe-coronavirus-disease-69860317
-
I can't till we all start taking about football again ? instead of this. Just saying.
-
One thing is clear from all models. Social distancing levels & compliance and length of time do matter.
-
One thing is clear from all models. Social distancing levels & compliance and length of time do matter.
One thing is clear from all models. Social distancing levels & compliance and length of time do matter.
No it's really not clear.
The models as wrong as they were always have taken into account social distancing.
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america -
One thing is clear from all models. Social distancing levels & compliance and length of time do matter.
One thing is clear from all models. Social distancing levels & compliance and length of time do matter.
Without a doubt.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
