Skip to content

Draft Simulator

The Browns Board
35 10 1.4k
  • @flugel said:

    Did someone miss his meds this morning?

    You don't get it?

    They have Gallimore and Jones listed as  DIs.    Or, maybe instead of Detective Inspectors, they are Drill Instructors. 

    @the-gipper said:

    You don't get it?

    They have Gallimore and Jones listed as  DIs.    Or, maybe instead of Detective Inspectors, they are Drill Instructors. 

    ? Now I do.  Thanks!

  • or maybe instead,  I is for interior......and E is for end.....

    @mudfly said:

    or maybe instead,  I is for interior......and E is for end.....

    Or, maybe it is a small case  l  (L) for "line".

    Its a joke dudes.  You know...a joke? 

    s-l400.jpg

  • Look at the crappy grades for the picks and look who I landed and in what round 🙂

    image.thumb.png.48e85977c64e9171575e3d7118ee1084.png

  • "Grades" are based upon how your pick compares to that the sim would make in your place.

    If you highlight a pick in the table below the summaries we've been pasting here, then the picks that were available to you at that spot will pop open in a window with the percentage of time the sim would have taken a given player.

  • Dont pay attention to the grades. Pick the guys you like. With that said, thay draft is ridiculous... but I'd take it

  • It is determined to give us 2 OTs...

    image.thumb.png.6996f203466c5c035809a932cf712f6f.png

    Sim generated the above while I played Fins GM... 😎

    Learned PFF hates Becton, which I do not think was always the case, and that I set up a helluva 2021 Draft... 🙂

    image.thumb.png.3c2d9efd47d1da8f0ebe2f704fa1da33.png

    @tour2ma said:

    It is determined to give us 2 OTs...

    image.thumb.png.6996f203466c5c035809a932cf712f6f.png

    Sim generated the above while I played Fins GM... 😎

    Learned PFF hates Becton, which I do not think was always the case, and that I set up a helluva 2021 Draft... 🙂

    image.thumb.png.3c2d9efd47d1da8f0ebe2f704fa1da33.png

    I did a few and it sure was fun.  Having said that my scores were nothing to brag about.  PFF thinks Tristan Wirfs is Big Sexy at #10 while it doesn't think Andrew Thomas is all that wonderful for us there. He's almost 10 points higher. Do they take into account how infrequently Wirfs played LT vrs Andrew's extensive experience there?  And, do they understand Cleveland has a bare cupboard at LT (on the blindside of a 1st overall pick QB in 2018)?  Furthermore, we just paid FA $ for a young RT (who already has an All Pro honor on his resume) so why would we want to draft a guy (Wirfs) most scouts say is best suited for RT or OG at #10?  And they really clobber guys like Zack Baun and Mekhi Becton (like you already said). 

    Anyway, Simmons never made it to #10 for me to resist any temptation to draft his higher rating. The draft goes so fast there's no chance for you to try to trade during round 1 once your gotta haves get selected (unless you set it up beforehand) - although I didn't try pause.  I'll do a few more today. 

  • PFF loves them some Wirfs... he's their top rated OT in their V1.2 Draft Guide. Thomas was their #2.

    They did a V1.4 update, but it focused on Sr. Bowl participants. Jones emerged as the #26 player on their Big Board.

  • PFF loves them some Wirfs... he's their top rated OT in their V1.2 Draft Guide. Thomas was their #2.

    They did a V1.4 update, but it focused on Sr. Bowl participants. Jones emerged as the #26 player on their Big Board.

    @tour2ma said:

    PFF loves them some Wirfs... he's their top rated OT in their V1.2 Draft Guide. Thomas was their #2.

    They did a V1.4 update, but it focused on Sr. Bowl participants. Jones emerged as the #26 plater on their Big Board.

    PFF's top WR in 2016 was Corey Coleman.  Took me 2 hours of tape after drafting him to laugh at the pick.    Their #1 QB in the 2017 draft was Mitch, by quite a long way to.    Another potential pick I was very much on the fence about.    

    I've said this before, they have no room nor care to revise or at minimum critique the process in which they arrive at these grades.   I'm beginning to believe relative strength of opponent and offensive design means little or nothing to them.

  • @tour2ma said:

    PFF loves them some Wirfs... he's their top rated OT in their V1.2 Draft Guide. Thomas was their #2.

    They did a V1.4 update, but it focused on Sr. Bowl participants. Jones emerged as the #26 plater on their Big Board.

    PFF's top WR in 2016 was Corey Coleman.  Took me 2 hours of tape after drafting him to laugh at the pick.    Their #1 QB in the 2017 draft was Mitch, by quite a long way to.    Another potential pick I was very much on the fence about.    

    I've said this before, they have no room nor care to revise or at minimum critique the process in which they arrive at these grades.   I'm beginning to believe relative strength of opponent and offensive design means little or nothing to them.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I've said this before, they have no room nor care to revise or at minimum critique the process in which they arrive at these grades.   I'm beginning to believe relative strength of opponent and offensive design means little or nothing to them.

    Agree... PFF is a source... not THE source.

    Back when I graded our OL and could compare "grades" with PFF, we agreed more than we did not ,but when we disagrees we really disagreed. Often in those cases I had no explanation other than reputational bias...

    ... on their part of course... 😉

  • More of my nothing to brag about grades with the PFF Draft Simulator.

    10. Andrew Thomas, T   66.7

    41. Zack Baun, ED   52.9

    74. Terrell Burgess, S  71.6

    97. Josh Uche, ED   60.3

    115. Adam Trautman, TE   64.5

    187. Evan Weaver, LB  63.9

    244. Larrell Murchison, DI  63.4

    Avg Grade 63.5

  • Here's another one I did with trades - I thought Hunt was a steal where I got him.  He's rated #1 at OG in Athlon's Draft Guide and #4 in Lindy's fwiw. The trade-back landed me my 2nd favorite LT in this draft.

    image.thumb.png.5541660bbcd4e02e3bcf9f4e825df604.png

  • On the day of the draft Chase Young tells the NFL he will sit out the year unless the Browns draft him. 

    8AFE8F39-0E93-4F2D-B287-34E80504EA41.png