Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    Ozzie Newsome

     Paul Warfield

     Webster Slaughter

     Dante Lavelli

     Gary Collins

    Dave Logan

    Mac Speedie

    Braylon Edwards

    Reggie Langhorne

    Kevin Johnson

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Gary Collins one of my old favorites, Paul Warfield still ticked the browns traded him, Ozzie, Slaughter, Braylon.

    And the oldies Lavelli, Speedie the other three are all in a heap of modern and older players.

  • Gary Collins one of my old favorites, Paul Warfield still ticked the browns traded him, Ozzie, Slaughter, Braylon.

    And the oldies Lavelli, Speedie the other three are all in a heap of modern and older players.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Gary Collins one of my old favorites, Paul Warfield still ticked the browns traded him, Ozzie, Slaughter, Braylon.

    And the oldies Lavelli, Speedie the other three are all in a heap of modern and older players.

    The names you mention are correct.  For the other 3....think "talking like a Pirate"  and Pop Stars. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    Michael Jackson-Dyson-Jackson

  • Michael Jackson-Dyson-Jackson

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    Michael Jackson-Dyson-Jackson

    He-hee. check

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is today's question.....sort of the finale of the "triple set"

    Name the Top Ten in Browns history in TD receptions.

    Answers:

    1. Gary Collins  70

    2. Dante Lavelli  62

    3. Paul Warfield  52

    4. Ray Renfro  50

    5. Ozzie Newsome  47

    6. Mac Speedie  33

    7. Reggie Rucker  32

    8. Braylon Edwards  28

    9. Michael Jackson  28

    10. Webster Slaughter  27

    Is it just me or what,  as in my recollection I thought  Webster was a much better receiver than either Braylon or Jackson

    Dave Logan is  11th with 24. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is today's  Trivia Question:    Pro-Football Reference has developed a metric called the Career Average, which is supposed to tell us how productive a player has been in a career or a season.   While it is obviously not conclusive of a player's "value"...it is something....and perhaps as good or better than any other metric that has been developed.  (If you have something else applicable, by all means, let us know).  Also note...this metric does not really measure much if any statistical measurement prior to 1960 

    Today's question, simply:

    Name the Top Ten All Time most productive players in their careers per this system.  (since 1960)

  • Ozzie Newsome

     Paul Warfield

     Webster Slaughter

     Dante Lavelli

     Gary Collins

    Dave Logan

    Mac Speedie

    Braylon Edwards

    Reggie Langhorne

    Kevin Johnson

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Ozzie Newsome

     Paul Warfield

     Webster Slaughter

     Dante Lavelli

     Gary Collins

    Dave Logan

    Mac Speedie

    Braylon Edwards

    Reggie Langhorne

    Kevin Johnson

    For some reason I did not see this post...sorry.    Bold were correct.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Yikes. We are supposed to figure out who the most productive players are by a value that most of us have never heard of?  Does this only apply to skill position players, or all players? 

    I mean, shit, I'll throw up Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton and Rob Gronkowski. 

  • Yikes. We are supposed to figure out who the most productive players are by a value that most of us have never heard of?  Does this only apply to skill position players, or all players? 

    I mean, shit, I'll throw up Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton and Rob Gronkowski. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yikes. We are supposed to figure out who the most productive players are by a value that most of us have never heard of?  Does this only apply to skill position players, or all players? 

    I mean, shit, I'll throw up Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton and Rob Gronkowski. 

    You will have heard of ALL of the players,   if you are any kind of football fan.   Longevity helps in this stat.

    Brady and Rice are correct.....but not Walter or Gronk.

    I will give this hint:  It applies to all players and  5 of the top 10 are QBs.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yikes. We are supposed to figure out who the most productive players are by a value that most of us have never heard of?  Does this only apply to skill position players, or all players? 

    I mean, shit, I'll throw up Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton and Rob Gronkowski. 

    You will have heard of ALL of the players,   if you are any kind of football fan.   Longevity helps in this stat.

    Brady and Rice are correct.....but not Walter or Gronk.

    I will give this hint:  It applies to all players and  5 of the top 10 are QBs.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You will have heard of ALL of the players,   if you are any kind of football fan.   Longevity helps in this stat.

    Brady and Rice are correct.....but not Walter or Gronk.

    I will give this hint:  It applies to all players and  5 of the top 10 are QBs.

    Hmmm... I'll try Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Emmit Smith 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You will have heard of ALL of the players,   if you are any kind of football fan.   Longevity helps in this stat.

    Brady and Rice are correct.....but not Walter or Gronk.

    I will give this hint:  It applies to all players and  5 of the top 10 are QBs.

    Hmmm... I'll try Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Emmit Smith 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @dutch-oven said:

     Emmit Smith 

    Bonus trivia....1990 draft... Whom was the AFCC team that Dallas traded up with for the Cowboys to draft Emmit Smith? 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    To throw in some defense.....Barry Sanders, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, my old favorite Joe cool Montana......and the great Jim Brown.

    You could probably start with 50 and whittle them down to 10.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You will have heard of ALL of the players,   if you are any kind of football fan.   Longevity helps in this stat.

    Brady and Rice are correct.....but not Walter or Gronk.

    I will give this hint:  It applies to all players and  5 of the top 10 are QBs.

    Hmmm... I'll try Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Emmit Smith 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hmmm... I'll try Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Emmit Smith 

    Peyton and Brees...check....but no on Montana/Smith, believe it or not.

  • @dutch-oven said:

     Emmit Smith 

    Bonus trivia....1990 draft... Whom was the AFCC team that Dallas traded up with for the Cowboys to draft Emmit Smith? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Bonus trivia....1990 draft... Whom was the AFCN team that Dallas traded up with for the Cowboys to draft Emmit Smith? 

    Only after you have given some answers to the original question. (but I recall that it was the Browns).

  • To throw in some defense.....Barry Sanders, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, my old favorite Joe cool Montana......and the great Jim Brown.

    You could probably start with 50 and whittle them down to 10.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    To throw in some defense.....Barry Sanders, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, my old favorite Joe cool Montana......and the great Jim Brown.

    You could probably start with 50 and whittle them down to 10.

    Only  Reggie White.     I know...tremendous names given that did not make it. 

    Half of the Ten still not named. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Hmmmm the 5 quarterbacks Brady (given), Aikman, Staubach, Unitas, Starr??

  • @gumby73 said:

    Bonus trivia....1990 draft... Whom was the AFCN team that Dallas traded up with for the Cowboys to draft Emmit Smith? 

    Only after you have given some answers to the original question. (but I recall that it was the Browns).

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @the-gipper said:

    Only after you have given some answers to the original question. (but I recall that it was the Browns).

    I gave up when LT does not make any list😛...but plug in Joe Namath..Terry BradShaw...Steve Young?  and...

    NO! the AFCC Browns did not pass on Emmitt Smith in 1990... Emmitt got picked #17, and the browns got jumped at pick #18... than the Browns traded back too... 

  • Hmmmm the 5 quarterbacks Brady (given), Aikman, Staubach, Unitas, Starr??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmm the 5 quarterbacks Brady (given), Aikman, Staubach, Unitas, Starr??

    Well.... already guesses that got some right  indicated that 3 of them were Brady, Peyton and Brees.  So, no, none you name other than Brady are correct. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Only after you have given some answers to the original question. (but I recall that it was the Browns).

    I gave up when LT does not make any list😛...but plug in Joe Namath..Terry BradShaw...Steve Young?  and...

    NO! the AFCC Browns did not pass on Emmitt Smith in 1990... Emmitt got picked #17, and the browns got jumped at pick #18... than the Browns traded back too... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    I gave up when LT does not make any list😛...but plug in Joe Namath..Terry BradShaw...Steve Young?  and...

    NO  none right. 

    NO! the AFCN Browns did not pass on Emmitt Smith in 1990... Emmitt got picked #17, and the browns got jumped at pick #18... than the Browns traded back too... 

    Well....how about this answer:

    NONE....because the AFCN did not exist in 1990.   It was still the AFC Central at that point.  And, if you do not want to acknowledge the truth of that answer...then I will say the Houston Oilers.