Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • I stand divisional corrected your honor ?... and the team was Not* the Houston Oilers neither.... only leaving... Pittsburgh? or the Bengals? that traded out of the Emmitt Smith pick...   

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmm the 5 quarterbacks Brady (given), Aikman, Staubach, Unitas, Starr??

    Well.... already guesses that got some right  indicated that 3 of them were Brady, Peyton and Brees.  So, no, none you name other than Brady are correct. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well.... already guesses that got some right  indicated that 3 of them were Brady, Peyton and Brees.  So, no, none you name other than Brady are correct. 

    Geeeezzzzz H. Christ are they players that we actually saw on TV ?  😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well.... already guesses that got some right  indicated that 3 of them were Brady, Peyton and Brees.  So, no, none you name other than Brady are correct. 

    Geeeezzzzz H. Christ are they players that we actually saw on TV ?  😆

    @mjp28 said:

    Geeeezzzzz H. Christ are they players that we actually saw on TV ?  😆

    One of the prefaces is that they are all players since 1960....so, being the old fart that you are, you certainly would have seen all of them.

  • I stand divisional corrected your honor ?... and the team was Not* the Houston Oilers neither.... only leaving... Pittsburgh? or the Bengals? that traded out of the Emmitt Smith pick...   

    @gumby73 said:

    I stand divisional corrected your honor ?... and the team was Not* the Houston Oilers neither.... only leaving... Pittsburgh? or the Bengals? that traded out of the Emmitt Smith pick...   

    So...I got the question right, eh?  NO team from the AFC North made that trade!😛

  • @gumby73 said:

    I stand divisional corrected your honor ?... and the team was Not* the Houston Oilers neither.... only leaving... Pittsburgh? or the Bengals? that traded out of the Emmitt Smith pick...   

    So...I got the question right, eh?  NO team from the AFC North made that trade!😛

    @the-gipper said:

    So...I got the question right, eh?  NO team from the AFC North made that trade!😛

    Am honored to announce- ?nouce.. that The Pittsburgh Steelqueens ?queens..... were the AFC *Central team that gained a measly 3rd round pick, on passing up to Dallas for Emmitt Smith.. Sliding down only 4 picks from pick #17 😕  to pick #21..

    Like myself, most forget that Dallas had traded Herschel Walker in Oct. of 1989...for a butt-load of picks from The Soda Vikings.. https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade    Browns draft Leroy Hoard in the second..Pukes get RB Barry 'bananas' Foster in the fifth...

    Now back to our weekly... Get Stumped by Gipper! 😉...  

  • Here is today's  Trivia Question:    Pro-Football Reference has developed a metric called the Career Average, which is supposed to tell us how productive a player has been in a career or a season.   While it is obviously not conclusive of a player's "value"...it is something....and perhaps as good or better than any other metric that has been developed.  (If you have something else applicable, by all means, let us know).  Also note...this metric does not really measure much if any statistical measurement prior to 1960 

    Today's question, simply:

    Name the Top Ten All Time most productive players in their careers per this system.  (since 1960)

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is today's  Trivia Question:    Pro-Football Reference has developed a metric called the Career Average, which is supposed to tell us how productive a player has been in a career or a season.   While it is obviously not conclusive of a player's "value"...it is something....and perhaps as good or better than any other metric that has been developed.  (If you have something else applicable, by all means, let us know).  Also note...this metric does not really measure much if any statistical measurement prior to 1960 

    Today's question, simply:

    Name the Top Ten All Time most productive players in their careers per this system.  (since 1960)

    Answers:

    1. Tom Brady

    2. Peyton Manning

    3. Drew Brees

    4. Brett Favre

    5. Jerry Rice

    6. Fran Tarkenton

    7. Bruce Matthews

    8. Rod Woodson

    9. Reggie White

    10. Bruce Smith

    the next 5 in order are:  Ray Lewis,   Dan Marino, Phillip Rivers, John Elway, Paul Krause/Anthony Munoz tie. 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_career.htm

  • This CA metric is actually a fairly good predictor for who will make the HOF.    

    The 5 guys who have the best CA, and who are/have been eligible for the HOF are:   Jim Marshall,  Ken Anderson,  Eric Allen,  Jim Tyrer, Lomas Brown.

    As for these 4 my opinion is that Marshall, Anderson, and Allen have been overlooked, and should be in.    Jim Tyrer,  an OT for the Bears (from Ohio St.) back in the 60s and early 70s is likely not in because  he was the pre OJ  OJ.  Soon after his career ended he ended up killing his wife and then committing suicide (something the gutless OJ should have done).   Lomas Brown...IMO, is not worthy, primarily because he came here after really a fine career and played like a POS....he was just here for the money. 

    That means that you should expect all of the following to make the HOF:

    Brady

    Peyton

    Rivers

    Ben R

    Aaron Rodgers

    Julius Peppers

    Matt Ryan

    Eli

  • Here is today's  Trivia Question:

    Who are the Top Ten   (eleven actually with ties) Defensive Players  in Career Pass Interceptions in NFL history.     Hint on this: both new school and old school guys are on this list.

  • I know Farve and Blanda (longevity) and Marino and Peyton to start it off.

  • I know Farve and Blanda (longevity) and Marino and Peyton to start it off.

    @mjp28 said:

    I know Farve and Blanda (longevity) and Marino and Peyton to start it off.

    Sorry...I am talking Defensive Players.  I will clarify the original post. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    I know Farve and Blanda (longevity) and Marino and Peyton to start it off.

    Sorry...I am talking Defensive Players.  I will clarify the original post. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry...I am talking Defensive Players.  

    So none of mine are correct ?  😕

  • While you are thinking about that one, here are a couple more questions:     A. Who is the last Browns player to return a punt for a TD.  B. Who is the last Browns player to return a Kickoff for a TD. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry...I am talking Defensive Players.  

    So none of mine are correct ?  😕

    @mjp28 said:

    So none of mine are correct ?  😕

    Ah....No.    Not in top ten of defensive interceptions. (I don't know about QBs throwing Int.s....that is not the question)

  • Ok.

    Picks, Lott, Green, R. Woodsen, C. Woodsen to start.

  • Ok.

    Picks, Lott, Green, R. Woodsen, C. Woodsen to start.

    @mjp28 said:

    Ok.

    Picks, Lott, Green, R. Woodsen, C. Woodsen to start.

    Lott and the two Woodsons, check.  not Green

  • Rod and Chaz Woodson

    Night Train Lane

    Ed Reed

    Dick LeBeau

    Ron Lott

    I never get many of the pre-70's guys. Just not in tune with the old era. 

  • Cribbs on last TD returns

  • The one Vikings DB under Bud Grant Paul Krause.

  • Rod and Chaz Woodson

    Night Train Lane

    Ed Reed

    Dick LeBeau

    Ron Lott

    I never get many of the pre-70's guys. Just not in tune with the old era. 

    @icecube said:

    Rod and Chaz Woodson

    Night Train Lane

    Ed Reed

    Dick LeBeau

    Ron Lott

    I never get many of the pre-70's guys. Just not in tune with the old era. 

    Check on all of the above!!

  • Cribbs on last TD returns

    @icecube said:

    Cribbs on last TD returns

    Check