Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Hints:   Of the ones not named yet   3 of the 5  are active. ...the other two go back to the 60s and 70s (but do not look among the Usual suspects.)

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Hints:   Of the ones not named yet   3 of the 5  are active. ...the other two go back to the 60s and 70s (but do not look among the Usual suspects.)

    Hmmmm Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan and oldies Fran the man and Vinny Testaverde who racked up tons of numbers over a long mediocre career.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Hints:   Of the ones not named yet   3 of the 5  are active. ...the other two go back to the 60s and 70s (but do not look among the Usual suspects.)

    Hmmmm Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan and oldies Fran the man and Vinny Testaverde who racked up tons of numbers over a long mediocre career.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmm Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan and oldies Fran the man and Vinny Testaverde who racked up tons of numbers over a long mediocre career.

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmm Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan and oldies Fran the man and Vinny Testaverde who racked up tons of numbers over a long mediocre career.

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

    Tough question.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

    Tough question.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Tough question.

    3 more names. 2 are active. And the other is one no one would ever get 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    So, to the Triva Question:

    Name the 8 QBs in NFL history  who had  6 or more 4th Qtr.  comeback victories in a season.  Note, one guy did it twice.  

    Answers:

    Matt Stafford   2016   8 4th Quarter comebacks for Lions

    Derek Carr  2016    7   for Raiders

    Peyton Manning   7 in 2009 and 6 in 1999  both for Colts

    Drew Brees  6 in 2018  for Saints

    John Elway  6 in 1985 for Broncos

    Dan Marino  6 in 1992 for Dolphins

    Dan Pastorini  6 in 1978  for Oilers

    Ed Brown   6 in 1963 for the Pittsburgh Steelers!!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

      In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    2a4i.gif      GwGD.gif       

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @the-gipper said:

    A

    B Boston: Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins

    C Chicago: White Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks

    D Dallas: Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars

    E

    F

    G

    H Houston: Astros, Texans, Rockets

    I

    J

    K Kansas City: Royals, Chiefs

    L Los Angeles: Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, Kings

    M 

    N New York: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders

    O

    P Philadelphia: Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers

    Q

    R

    S San Diego: Padres 

    T

    U

    V 

    W Washington DC: Nationals, Team Formerly Known As The Redskins, Wizards, Capitals 

    X

    Y

    Z

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A Albuquerque

    B Boston

    C Chicago

    D Dallas

    E  no clue....Evansville

    F  Frankfurt

    G  Gainesville

    H Houston

    I Indianapolis

    J  Jacksonville

    K Knoxville

    L LA

    M Miami

    N New Orleans

    O OK City

    P Philly

    Q Quad City

    R  Rockland

    S  San Antonio

    T Tampa

    U no  idea

    V  Vermont....lol

    W Winslow

    X  Xzenia

    Y Youngstown

    Z  Zepher Hills

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Dutch's guesses:

    B Boston: Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins

    C Chicago: White Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks

    D Dallas: Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars

    H Houston: Astros, Texans, Rockets

    K Kansas City: Royals, Chiefs

    L Los Angeles: Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, Kings

    N New York: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders

    P Philadelphia: Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers

    S San Diego: Padres 

    NO, neither Philly nor San Diego are the largest cities in the US starting with those initials. 

    W Washington DC: Nationals, Team Formerly Known As The Redskins, Wizards, Capitals 

    Check on those highligted in Green

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    Ballpeen's guesses

    A Albuquerque

    B Boston

    C Chicago

    D Dallas

    E  no clue....Evansville

    F  Frankfurt

    G  Gainesville

    H Houston

    I Indianapolis

    J  Jacksonville

    K Knoxville

    L LA

    M Miami

    N New Orleans

    O OK City

    P Philly

    Q Quad City

    R  Rockland

    S  San Antonio

    T Tampa

    U no  idea

    V  Vermont....lol

    W Winslow

    X  Xzenia  Xenia..no z.

    Y Youngstown

    Z  Zepher Hills

    Green are correct,  red, not

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    These letters still left

    A

    E

    F

    G

    M

    Q

    T

    U

    V 

    Y

    Z

  • These letters still left

    A

    E

    F

    G

    M

    Q

    T

    U

    V 

    Y

    Z

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    These letters still left

    A Atlanta Falcons and Braves

    E none

    F

    G

    M

    P Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penguins

    Q none

    R

    T

    U none

    V none

    Y none

    Z none

    Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners.   🥷

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

  • These letters still left

    A

    E

    F

    G

    M

    Q

    T

    U

    V 

    Y

    Z

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @the-gipper said:

    These letters still left

    Phoenix,Arizona-- Cardinals,Coyotes, Diamondbacks,Mercury,Suns

    Raleigh,NC--Carolina Hurricanes

  • I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    Phoenix? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    These letters still left

    A Atlanta Falcons and Braves

    E none

    F

    G

    M

    P Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penguins

    Q none

    R

    T

    U none

    V none

    Y none

    Z none

    Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners.   🥷

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners.   🥷

    Your answers of Atlanta and Pittsburgh are both incorrect.     As for all the places I have been:   I have been to 49 of the 50 states on at least 2 separate occasions....and next summer I will visit that other one for a second time: Alaska.  I have been to every city in the US with a population of over 200K...except for Spokane and Huntsville Ala.   I have been to 368 of the 419 National Park Units.  I used to collect refrigerator magnets, but I quit a while back because it became unmanageable. 

  • I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    It has happened within just the last 10 years, but see the next post.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Gumby says:

    Phoenix,Arizona-- Cardinals,Coyotes, Diamondbacks,Mercury,Suns

    Raleigh,NC--Carolina Hurricanes

    Check on both.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    Phoenix? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Phoenix? 

    Phoenix.    2019 US Census Bureau estimate:   Phoenix  1,680,000.   Philly:  1,584,000