Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmm Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan and oldies Fran the man and Vinny Testaverde who racked up tons of numbers over a long mediocre career.

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

    Tough question.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Brees,  Check No one else you name. 

    Tough question.

    @mjp28 said:

    Tough question.

    3 more names. 2 are active. And the other is one no one would ever get 

  • So, to the Triva Question:

    Name the 8 QBs in NFL history  who had  6 or more 4th Qtr.  comeback victories in a season.  Note, one guy did it twice.  

    Answers:

    Matt Stafford   2016   8 4th Quarter comebacks for Lions

    Derek Carr  2016    7   for Raiders

    Peyton Manning   7 in 2009 and 6 in 1999  both for Colts

    Drew Brees  6 in 2018  for Saints

    John Elway  6 in 1985 for Broncos

    Dan Marino  6 in 1992 for Dolphins

    Dan Pastorini  6 in 1978  for Oilers

    Ed Brown   6 in 1963 for the Pittsburgh Steelers!!

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

    @the-gipper said:

      In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    2a4i.gif      GwGD.gif       

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

    @the-gipper said:

    A

    B Boston: Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins

    C Chicago: White Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks

    D Dallas: Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars

    E

    F

    G

    H Houston: Astros, Texans, Rockets

    I

    J

    K Kansas City: Royals, Chiefs

    L Los Angeles: Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, Kings

    M 

    N New York: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders

    O

    P Philadelphia: Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers

    Q

    R

    S San Diego: Padres 

    T

    U

    V 

    W Washington DC: Nationals, Team Formerly Known As The Redskins, Wizards, Capitals 

    X

    Y

    Z

  • Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A

    B

    C

    D

    E

    F

    G

    H

    I

    J

    K

    L

    M

    N

    O

    P

    Q

    R

    S

    T

    U

    V 

    W

    X

    Y

    Z

    @the-gipper said:

    Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:

    Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    A Albuquerque

    B Boston

    C Chicago

    D Dallas

    E  no clue....Evansville

    F  Frankfurt

    G  Gainesville

    H Houston

    I Indianapolis

    J  Jacksonville

    K Knoxville

    L LA

    M Miami

    N New Orleans

    O OK City

    P Philly

    Q Quad City

    R  Rockland

    S  San Antonio

    T Tampa

    U no  idea

    V  Vermont....lol

    W Winslow

    X  Xzenia

    Y Youngstown

    Z  Zepher Hills

  • Dutch's guesses:

    B Boston: Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins

    C Chicago: White Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks

    D Dallas: Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars

    H Houston: Astros, Texans, Rockets

    K Kansas City: Royals, Chiefs

    L Los Angeles: Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, Kings

    N New York: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders

    P Philadelphia: Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers

    S San Diego: Padres 

    NO, neither Philly nor San Diego are the largest cities in the US starting with those initials. 

    W Washington DC: Nationals, Team Formerly Known As The Redskins, Wizards, Capitals 

    Check on those highligted in Green

  • Name the largest cities  (proper) in the USA  that begins with each letter of the Alphabet.      (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place).  In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:

    Ballpeen's guesses

    A Albuquerque

    B Boston

    C Chicago

    D Dallas

    E  no clue....Evansville

    F  Frankfurt

    G  Gainesville

    H Houston

    I Indianapolis

    J  Jacksonville

    K Knoxville

    L LA

    M Miami

    N New Orleans

    O OK City

    P Philly

    Q Quad City

    R  Rockland

    S  San Antonio

    T Tampa

    U no  idea

    V  Vermont....lol

    W Winslow

    X  Xzenia  Xenia..no z.

    Y Youngstown

    Z  Zepher Hills

    Green are correct,  red, not

  • These letters still left

    A

    E

    F

    G

    M

    Q

    T

    U

    V 

    Y

    Z

  • These letters still left

    A

    E

    F

    G

    M

    Q

    T

    U

    V 

    Y

    Z

    @the-gipper said:

    These letters still left

    A Atlanta Falcons and Braves

    E none

    F

    G

    M

    P Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penguins

    Q none

    R

    T

    U none

    V none

    Y none

    Z none

    Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners.   🥷

  • I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

  • These letters still left

    A

    E

    F

    G

    M

    Q

    T

    U

    V 

    Y

    Z

    @the-gipper said:

    These letters still left

    Phoenix,Arizona-- Cardinals,Coyotes, Diamondbacks,Mercury,Suns

    Raleigh,NC--Carolina Hurricanes

  • I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    Phoenix? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    These letters still left

    A Atlanta Falcons and Braves

    E none

    F

    G

    M

    P Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penguins

    Q none

    R

    T

    U none

    V none

    Y none

    Z none

    Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners.   🥷

    @mjp28 said:

    Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners.   🥷

    Your answers of Atlanta and Pittsburgh are both incorrect.     As for all the places I have been:   I have been to 49 of the 50 states on at least 2 separate occasions....and next summer I will visit that other one for a second time: Alaska.  I have been to every city in the US with a population of over 200K...except for Spokane and Huntsville Ala.   I have been to 368 of the 419 National Park Units.  I used to collect refrigerator magnets, but I quit a while back because it became unmanageable. 

  • I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    It has happened within just the last 10 years, but see the next post.

  • Gumby says:

    Phoenix,Arizona-- Cardinals,Coyotes, Diamondbacks,Mercury,Suns

    Raleigh,NC--Carolina Hurricanes

    Check on both.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia? 

    Phoenix? 

    @nero said:

    Phoenix? 

    Phoenix.    2019 US Census Bureau estimate:   Phoenix  1,680,000.   Philly:  1,584,000

  • @nero said:

    Phoenix? 

    Phoenix.    2019 US Census Bureau estimate:   Phoenix  1,680,000.   Philly:  1,584,000

    @the-gipper said:

    Phoenix.    2019 US Census Bureau estimate:   Phoenix  1,680,000.   Philly:  1,584,000

    I actually looked it up after posting, and I would have never guessed that... I still think of "big" cities as being Northern and Eastern/Midwestern... I forget about the SunBelt. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Phoenix.    2019 US Census Bureau estimate:   Phoenix  1,680,000.   Philly:  1,584,000

    I actually looked it up after posting, and I would have never guessed that... I still think of "big" cities as being Northern and Eastern/Midwestern... I forget about the SunBelt. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I actually looked it up after posting, and I would have never guessed that... I still think of "big" cities as being Northern and Eastern/Midwestern... I forget about the SunBelt. 

    Well...you really are living in the past.  Pre-air conditioning!! 😆 Of the 11  cities left to be named,  all but I would say   2 of them would be what could be called "Sun Belt" Cities;  i.e  neither in the Northeast or Midwest.    I would say that 1 is in the Northeast,   1 in the midwest and the rest southeast, southwest, or west.