Trivia Questions and Answers
-
Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:
Name the largest cities (proper) in the USA that begins with each letter of the Alphabet. (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place). In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
A
B Boston: Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins
C Chicago: White Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks
D Dallas: Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars
E
F
G
H Houston: Astros, Texans, Rockets
I
J
K Kansas City: Royals, Chiefs
L Los Angeles: Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, Kings
M
N New York: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders
O
P Philadelphia: Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers
Q
R
S San Diego: Padres
T
U
V
W Washington DC: Nationals, Team Formerly Known As The Redskins, Wizards, Capitals
X
Y
Z
-
Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:
Name the largest cities (proper) in the USA that begins with each letter of the Alphabet. (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place). In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
Here we go....here is a very different type of Trivia Question:
Name the largest cities (proper) in the USA that begins with each letter of the Alphabet. (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place). In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:
A Albuquerque
B Boston
C Chicago
D Dallas
E no clue....Evansville
F Frankfurt
G Gainesville
H Houston
I Indianapolis
J Jacksonville
K Knoxville
L LA
M Miami
N New Orleans
O OK City
P Philly
Q Quad City
R Rockland
S San Antonio
T Tampa
U no idea
V Vermont....lol
W Winslow
X Xzenia
Y Youngstown
Z Zepher Hills
-
Dutch's guesses:
B Boston: Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins
C Chicago: White Sox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks
D Dallas: Rangers, Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars
H Houston: Astros, Texans, Rockets
K Kansas City: Royals, Chiefs
L Los Angeles: Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, Kings
N New York: Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders
P Philadelphia: Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers
S San Diego: Padres
NO, neither Philly nor San Diego are the largest cities in the US starting with those initials.
W Washington DC: Nationals, Team Formerly Known As The Redskins, Wizards, Capitals
Check on those highligted in Green
-
Name the largest cities (proper) in the USA that begins with each letter of the Alphabet. (And.....state whether or not there is a major league franchise in each place). In case you forgot your alphabet, I will help you:
Ballpeen's guesses
A Albuquerque
B Boston
C Chicago
D Dallas
E no clue....Evansville
F Frankfurt
G Gainesville
H Houston
I Indianapolis
J Jacksonville
K Knoxville
L LA
M Miami
N New Orleans
O OK City
P Philly
Q Quad City
R Rockland
S San Antonio
T Tampa
U no idea
V Vermont....lol
W Winslow
X Xzenia Xenia..no z.
Y Youngstown
Z Zepher Hills
Green are correct, red, not
-
These letters still left
A
E
F
G
M
Q
T
U
V
Y
Z
-
These letters still left
A
E
F
G
M
Q
T
U
V
Y
Z
These letters still left
A Atlanta Falcons and Braves
E none
F
G
M
P Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penguins
Q none
R
T
U none
V none
Y none
Z none
Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners. 🥷
-
I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia?
-
These letters still left
A
E
F
G
M
Q
T
U
V
Y
Z
These letters still left
Phoenix,Arizona-- Cardinals,Coyotes, Diamondbacks,Mercury,Suns
Raleigh,NC--Carolina Hurricanes
-
I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia?
I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia?
Phoenix?
-
These letters still left
A Atlanta Falcons and Braves
E none
F
G
M
P Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penguins
Q none
R
T
U none
V none
Y none
Z none
Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners. 🥷
Next name all of the places that Gipper stayed in and swiped souvieners. 🥷
Your answers of Atlanta and Pittsburgh are both incorrect. As for all the places I have been: I have been to 49 of the 50 states on at least 2 separate occasions....and next summer I will visit that other one for a second time: Alaska. I have been to every city in the US with a population of over 200K...except for Spokane and Huntsville Ala. I have been to 368 of the 419 National Park Units. I used to collect refrigerator magnets, but I quit a while back because it became unmanageable.
-
I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia?
I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia?
It has happened within just the last 10 years, but see the next post.
-
Gumby says:
Phoenix,Arizona-- Cardinals,Coyotes, Diamondbacks,Mercury,Suns
Raleigh,NC--Carolina Hurricanes
Check on both.
-
I'm confused... what city in the United States starts with a "P" that has more people than Philadelphia?
Phoenix?
-
Phoenix. 2019 US Census Bureau estimate: Phoenix 1,680,000. Philly: 1,584,000
I actually looked it up after posting, and I would have never guessed that... I still think of "big" cities as being Northern and Eastern/Midwestern... I forget about the SunBelt.
-
Phoenix. 2019 US Census Bureau estimate: Phoenix 1,680,000. Philly: 1,584,000
I actually looked it up after posting, and I would have never guessed that... I still think of "big" cities as being Northern and Eastern/Midwestern... I forget about the SunBelt.
I actually looked it up after posting, and I would have never guessed that... I still think of "big" cities as being Northern and Eastern/Midwestern... I forget about the SunBelt.
Well...you really are living in the past. Pre-air conditioning!!
Of the 11 cities left to be named, all but I would say 2 of them would be what could be called "Sun Belt" Cities; i.e neither in the Northeast or Midwest. I would say that 1 is in the Northeast, 1 in the midwest and the rest southeast, southwest, or west.
-
These letters still left
A
E
F
G
M
Q
T
U
V
Y
Z
These letters still left
Anaheim. Angels, Mighty Ducks
El Paso
Fargo
Gulfport
Miami Dolphins, Marlins, Heat
Quitaque Texas home of the beautiful Caprock Canyons lol
Tacoma
Utica
V
Yakima
Z
-
Bob said:
Anaheim. Angels, Mighty Ducks
El Paso
Fargo
Gulfport
Miami Dolphins, Marlins, Heat
Quitaque Texas home of the beautiful Caprock Canyons lol
Tacoma
Utica......this was the answer until recently until....hint, a large LA suburb overtook it.
V
Yakima
Z
Of these tries, Only El Paso is correct. But good tries
-
I am going to persist with it a bit more. Ten letters left:
A
F
G
M
Q
T
U
V
Y
Z
Further hint....only one of the letters left is a city that has a "Major league" sports team. (Think: Ghoolie) Plus, maybe another "half city"...you'll get it when that answer comes. For another....think, President's middle name.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login