Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Baker Mayfield
    Kyler Murray
    Cam Newton

    Sam Bradford

    Carson Palmer

    OJ?

  • Earnie Davis - what a shame.

  • Baker Mayfield
    Kyler Murray
    Cam Newton

    Sam Bradford

    Carson Palmer

    OJ?

    @browns149 said:

    Baker Mayfield
    Kyler Murray
    Cam Newton

    Sam Bradford

    Carson Palmer

    OJ?

    Check on all these

  • Earnie Davis - what a shame.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Earnie Davis - what a shame.

    Check

  • I was thinking Billy Cannon, Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson, but I know he turned down the NFL originally to play baseball. He did not like the team that drafted him 1st overall.

    I thought maybe Barry Sanders too, but I looked him up and he did not go #1 overall. But he should have.

    EDIT: Well maybe not. Troy Aikman went #1 overall. Barry never won a SB. And here is some trivia for you. The first time Troy won a SB with the Cowboys, Troy, Texas temporarily renamed itself Troy Aikman, Texas. It's on I-35 south of Waco.

  • I was thinking Billy Cannon, Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson, but I know he turned down the NFL originally to play baseball. He did not like the team that drafted him 1st overall.

    I thought maybe Barry Sanders too, but I looked him up and he did not go #1 overall. But he should have.

    EDIT: Well maybe not. Troy Aikman went #1 overall. Barry never won a SB. And here is some trivia for you. The first time Troy won a SB with the Cowboys, Troy, Texas temporarily renamed itself Troy Aikman, Texas. It's on I-35 south of Waco.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I was thinking Billy Cannon, Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson, but I know he turned down the NFL originally to play baseball. He did not like the team that drafted him 1st overall.

    I thought maybe Barry Sanders too, but I looked him up and he did not go #1 overall. But he should have.

    EDIT: Well maybe not. Troy Aikman went #1 overall. Barry never won a SB. And here is some trivia for you. The first time Troy won a SB with the Cowboys, Troy, Texas temporarily renamed itself Troy Aikman, Texas. It's on I-35 south of Waco.

    Check on Cannon, Campbell, and Bo.  Sanders did not go #1.   Aikman did not win the Heisman.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I was thinking Billy Cannon, Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson, but I know he turned down the NFL originally to play baseball. He did not like the team that drafted him 1st overall.

    I thought maybe Barry Sanders too, but I looked him up and he did not go #1 overall. But he should have.

    EDIT: Well maybe not. Troy Aikman went #1 overall. Barry never won a SB. And here is some trivia for you. The first time Troy won a SB with the Cowboys, Troy, Texas temporarily renamed itself Troy Aikman, Texas. It's on I-35 south of Waco.

    Check on Cannon, Campbell, and Bo.  Sanders did not go #1.   Aikman did not win the Heisman.

    @the-gipper said:

    Check on Cannon, Campbell, and Bo.  Sanders did not go #1.   Aikman did not win the Heisman.

    Yeah, I knew Barry got the Heisman that year, but had forgotten Aikman went #1 overall (and no Heisman) and Barry 3rd.

  • Ok I'll try a few, your follow up question could be how many were busts.

    1942 Frank Sinkwich Georgia out of Youngstown Chaney HS, my late father in law played football with him at Chaney, I always wondered how he ended up in Georgia.

    1956 Paul Hornug ND and GB one of my favorite players from ND and ended up with GB, a BROWNS foe with Taylor

    1959 Billy Cannon on LSU's last undefeated undefeated team until this year, he was a 1st pick but not sure if it was a non NFL team first. I know he played with LA.

    .......I have guesses on a few more but not 100% sure.

  • Ok I'll try a few, your follow up question could be how many were busts.

    1942 Frank Sinkwich Georgia out of Youngstown Chaney HS, my late father in law played football with him at Chaney, I always wondered how he ended up in Georgia.

    1956 Paul Hornug ND and GB one of my favorite players from ND and ended up with GB, a BROWNS foe with Taylor

    1959 Billy Cannon on LSU's last undefeated undefeated team until this year, he was a 1st pick but not sure if it was a non NFL team first. I know he played with LA.

    .......I have guesses on a few more but not 100% sure.

    @mjp28 said:

    Ok I'll try a few, your follow up question could be how many were busts.

    1942 Frank Sinkwich Georgia out of Youngstown Chaney HS, my late father in law played football with him at Chaney, I always wondered how he ended up in Georgia.

    1956 Paul Hornug ND and GB one of my favorite players from ND and ended up with GB, a BROWNS foe with Taylor

    1959 Billy Cannon on LSU's last undefeated undefeated team until this year, he was a 1st pick but not sure if it was a non NFL team first. I know he played with LA.

    .......I have guesses on a few more but not 100% sure.

    These are all correct. But you can give your guesses on others if you’re wrong so what. 

  • So how many are left?

  • So how many are left?

    @browns149 said:

    So how many are left?

    9 I believe 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Ok I'll try a few, your follow up question could be how many were busts.

    1942 Frank Sinkwich Georgia out of Youngstown Chaney HS, my late father in law played football with him at Chaney, I always wondered how he ended up in Georgia.

    1956 Paul Hornug ND and GB one of my favorite players from ND and ended up with GB, a BROWNS foe with Taylor

    1959 Billy Cannon on LSU's last undefeated undefeated team until this year, he was a 1st pick but not sure if it was a non NFL team first. I know he played with LA.

    .......I have guesses on a few more but not 100% sure.

    These are all correct. But you can give your guesses on others if you’re wrong so what. 

    @the-gipper said:

    These are all correct. But you can give your guesses on others if you’re wrong so what. 

    Ok how about our old Vinny Barbarino Testaverde ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    These are all correct. But you can give your guesses on others if you’re wrong so what. 

    Ok how about our old Vinny Barbarino Testaverde ?

    @mjp28 said:

    Ok how about our old Vinny Barbarino Testaverde ?

    Yes,  Check

  • Going to be doing a new approach to the Trivia.  Instead of 10-12 questions in a week which all of you ADDers seem to have trouble focusing on, I am just going to put up one per day.  So, let's see how this goes.   Today's question:

    It is highly speculated that  Heisman winner  Joe Burrow will be the #1 overall pick in the draft.    If he is, that will make him the 22d person who won the  Heisman and then who was taken with the #1 overall pick since 1936.    

    Name as many of the 21 other players in this category as you can? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Going to be doing a new approach to the Trivia.  Instead of 10-12 questions in a week which all of you ADDers seem to have trouble focusing on, I am just going to put up one per day.  So, let's see how this goes.   Today's question:

    It is highly speculated that  Heisman winner  Joe Burrow will be the #1 overall pick in the draft.    If he is, that will make him the 22d person who won the  Heisman and then who was taken with the #1 overall pick since 1936.    

    Name as many of the 21 other players in this category as you can? 

    Answers, in chronological order:

    Jay Berwanger

    Tom Harmon

    Frank Sinkwich

    Leon Hart

    Paul Hornung

    Billy Cannon

    Terry Baker

    Ernie Davis

    OJ Simpson

    Jim Plunkett

    Earl Campbell

    Billy Sims

    George Rogers

    Bo Jackson

    Vinny Testaverde

    Carson Palmer

    Sam Bradford

    Cam Newton

    Jameis Winston

    Baker Mayfield

    Kyler Murray

  • Oh yeah, #5 for the Pack. Forgot about him. Now 85 years old.

  • Here is today's Trivia Question:

    There have been  15 players who were the #1  overall pick in either the NFL or AFL draft, who went on to be named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  Note: to help:  2 of the 15 taken in the AFL draft. 

    Name as many of these 15 players as you can.

  • Right off hand that one era comes to mind:

    Paul Hornung  Billy Cannon?  OJ Simpson   Jim Plunkett  Earl Campbell like I mentioned a few #1 picks were busts or just ok players.

    The two AFL ones are interesting, I'll give it some thought.  So many good players back then some on defense.

  • Right off hand that one era comes to mind:

    Paul Hornung  Billy Cannon?  OJ Simpson   Jim Plunkett  Earl Campbell like I mentioned a few #1 picks were busts or just ok players.

    The two AFL ones are interesting, I'll give it some thought.  So many good players back then some on defense.

    @mjp28 said:

    Right off hand that one era comes to mind:

    Paul Hornung  Billy Cannon?  OJ Simpson   Jim Plunkett  Earl Campbell like I mentioned a few #1 picks were busts or just ok players.

    The two AFL ones are interesting, I'll give it some thought.  So many good players back then some on defense.

    Check on Hornung,  Simpson, and Campbell.     Neither Cannon nor Plunkett are  HOF. 

  • Troy Aikmen

    Terry Bradshaw

    John horsetooth Elway

  • Troy Aikmen

    Terry Bradshaw

    John horsetooth Elway

    @browns149 said:

    Troy Aikmen

    Terry Bradshaw

    John horsetooth Elway

    Check on all these.

    Still  6 names left.    Hint:   None of those not yet named are QBs. 

    2 DL,  2 OL,  and 3 "old timers"  (pre-60s)