Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Have you all given up? 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Have you all given up? 

    No-way_opt.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Your job is to match the President with the Football player  by  who attended the same college.      I will give you an example:  Donald Trump attended  Penn,  HOFer  Bert Bell  attended Penn.  Match those two together.

    Presidents (alphabetically)

    Jimmy  Carter.    Bill Clinton.     Millard  Fillmore.     Gerald Ford.    Benjamin Harrison.     William Henry Harrison.  Herbert Hoover.     John F. Kennedy.      Richard Nixon.    Barack Obama.      James K. Polk.     Donald Trump.     Woodrow Wilson

    NFL  People (alphabetically)

    Chuck Bednarik.     Paul Brown.     Dan Dierdorf.     John Elway.   Henry Jordan.    Sonny Jurgenson.     Marv Levy.    Vince Lombardi.      Sid Luckman.     Khalil Mack.     Roger Staubach.     Paul Tagliabue.   Lawrence Taylor.     

    Answers then:

    Jimmy Carter and  Roger Staubach    Navy

    Bill Clinton and Paul Tagliabue:    Georgetown

    Millard Fillmore and Khalil Mack:   Univ. of Buffalo    (Fillmore was the founder of that school)

    Gerald Ford and Dan Dierdorf:   Michigan

    William Henry Harrison and  Chuck Bednarik:    Penn   (also, Trump and Bednarik)

    Herbert Hoover and John Elway:   Stanford.     (JFK also attended Stanford for a bit)

    John F. Kennedy and Marv Levy:   Harvard  (Obama also went to Harvard Law)

    Richard Nixon and  Sonny Jurgenson:   Duke

    Barack Obama and Sid Luckman:  Columbia

    James K. Polk and Lawrence Taylor:    North Carolina

    Donald Trump and Vince Lombardi:   Fordham

    Woodrow Wilson and Henry Jordan:   Virginia.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is a much easier, much more basic football question:

    Name All of the Kickers, Punters, and Tight Ends that are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.   (14 total names)

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    A few favorites Ozzie, Ditka, plus KW I, Shannon Sharpe.  Kickers Lou the toe Groza, Blanda, Jan Stenerud and the one and only punter John Madden's favorite Ray Guy.

    I did some punting and kicking way back my first kicking shoe was an old black square toe one.

  • A few favorites Ozzie, Ditka, plus KW I, Shannon Sharpe.  Kickers Lou the toe Groza, Blanda, Jan Stenerud and the one and only punter John Madden's favorite Ray Guy.

    I did some punting and kicking way back my first kicking shoe was an old black square toe one.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    A few favorites Ozzie, Ditka, plus KW I, Shannon Sharpe.  Kickers Lou the toe Groza, Blanda, Jan Stenerud and the one and only punter John Madden's favorite Ray Guy.

    I did some punting and kicking way back my first kicking shoe was an old black square toe one.

    All Names given correct.

    Still a kicker and 5 TEs left. 

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    John Mackey?

    OH! Tony Gonzalez.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    TE-Dave Casper & K-Morten Andersen 

  • John Mackey?

    OH! Tony Gonzalez.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    John Mackey?

    OH! Tony Gonzalez.

    Check on both

  • TE-Dave Casper & K-Morten Andersen 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    TE-Dave Casper & K-Morten Andersen 

    Check on both.

    Still a couple of TEs. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is a much easier, much more basic football question:

    Name All of the Kickers, Punters, and Tight Ends that are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.   (14 total names)

    Answers:

    Ks:   Morten Andersen;   George Blanda;  Lou Groza; Jan Stenerud

    P:  Ray Guy

    TEs:  Dave Casper; Mike Ditka; Tony Gonzales; John Mackey; Ozzie Newsome;  Charlie Sanders; Shannon Sharpe; Jackie Smith;  Kellen Winslow Sr. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    I could be wrong, just don't remember that name. 

    No, I checked.  There was never a Garfield in the NFL.  I missed it.   (There have been a few McKinley's)

    Like I said, Garfield is not a common name.   Only other Garfield I have heard of was actor John Garfield.   And I don't think I have ever heard of anyone else named Taft that was not associated with the William Howard Taft family..   Have any of you? 

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    No, I checked.  There was never a Garfield in the NFL.  I missed it.   (There have been a few McKinley's)

    Like I said, Garfield is not a common name.   Only other Garfield I have heard of was actor John Garfield.   And I don't think I have ever heard of anyone else named Taft that was not associated with the William Howard Taft family..   Have any of you? 

    Only Garfield I remember is the cat lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, I checked.  There was never a Garfield in the NFL.  I missed it.   (There have been a few McKinley's)

    Like I said, Garfield is not a common name.   Only other Garfield I have heard of was actor John Garfield.   And I don't think I have ever heard of anyone else named Taft that was not associated with the William Howard Taft family..   Have any of you? 

    Only Garfield I remember is the cat lol

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    Only Garfield I remember is the cat lol

    John Garfield.   Twice nominated for Oscars, once as best actor, once for best supporting actor.      Was a "victim" of the  House UnAmerican Activities Committee Idiocy.  He died in 1952 at age 39.

    image.jpeg.3df7270e90a45c461e8cf22da98c0e02.jpeg

    Filmography[edit]

    Feature films[edit]

    Year Title Role Notes
    1938 Four Daughters Mickey Borden  
    1939 They Made Me a Criminal Johnnie Bradfield  
    Blackwell's Island Tim Haydon  
    Juarez Porfirio Díaz  
    Daughters Courageous Gabriel Lopez  
    Dust Be My Destiny Joe Bell  
    1940 Castle on the Hudson Tommy Gordon Alternate title: Years Without Days
    Saturday's Children Rims Rosson  
    Flowing Gold John Alexander / Johnny Blake  
    East of the River Joseph Enrico "Joe" Lorenzo  
    1941 The Sea Wolf George Leach  
    Out of the Fog Harold Goff  
    Dangerously They Live Dr. Michael "Mike" Lewis  
    1942 Tortilla Flat Daniel "Danny" Alvarez  
    1943 Air Force Sgt. Joe Winocki, Aerial Gunner  
    The Fallen Sparrow John "Kit" McKittrick  
    Thank Your Lucky Stars Himself (cameo)  
    Destination Tokyo Wolf  
    1944 Between Two Worlds Tom Prior  
    Hollywood Canteen Himself (cameo)  
    1945 Pride of the Marines Al Schmid  
    1946 The Postman Always Rings Twice Frank Chambers  
    Nobody Lives Forever Nick Blake  
    Humoresque Paul Boray  
    1947 Body and Soul Charley Davis  
    Gentleman's Agreement Dave Goldman  
    1948 Difficult Years Narrator (American version) Originally titled Anni difficili
    Force of Evil Joe Morse  
    1949 Jigsaw Loafer with Newspaper (cameo) Uncredited
    We Were Strangers Tony Fenner  
    1950 Under My Skin Dan Butler  
    The Breaking Point Harry Morgan  
    1951 He Ran All the Way Nick Robey (final film role)
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Here is today's Trivia Question......actually a 3 part question....about certain Champions:

    A.  Name each of the AFL  Pre-Super Bowl Champions   1960-1965.

    B. Name each of the AAFC Champions  1946-1949

    C. Name each of the NFL Champions....from 1920-1929!    Hint here:  Of the 10 Champions from that decade,  6 of them are now defunct. 

    Edit:  Clarifying....4 teams are defunct, but the account for 6 titles. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Well I'll just do the obvious one...

    B. 1946 Cleveland, 1947 Cleveland, 1948 Cleveland, 1949 Cleveland

    A. I don't know who won for what year, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo won in '64 or '65, and the Chargers won one or two during that span... 

  • Well I'll just do the obvious one...

    B. 1946 Cleveland, 1947 Cleveland, 1948 Cleveland, 1949 Cleveland

    A. I don't know who won for what year, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo won in '64 or '65, and the Chargers won one or two during that span... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well I'll just do the obvious one...

    B. 1946 Cleveland, 1947 Cleveland, 1948 Cleveland, 1949 Cleveland

    A. I don't know who won for what year, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo won in '64 or '65, and the Chargers won one or two during that span... 

    These are all correct answers.  (Chargers were 1963)

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well I'll just do the obvious one...

    B. 1946 Cleveland, 1947 Cleveland, 1948 Cleveland, 1949 Cleveland

    A. I don't know who won for what year, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo won in '64 or '65, and the Chargers won one or two during that span... 

    These are all correct answers.  (Chargers were 1963)

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    These are all correct answers.  (Chargers were 1963)

    So we have the Browns winning all four AAFC titles, and the San Diego Chargers winning the '63 AFL Championship, and the Buffalo Bills winning the '64 and '65 AFL Championships (while playing at the Buffalo War Memorial Stadium, known to many as the home of the New York Knights in the movie 'The Natural'.)

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I'm pretty sure the Houston Oilers won the title in one or both of the first two seasons of the AFL?

  • I'm pretty sure the Houston Oilers won the title in one or both of the first two seasons of the AFL?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm pretty sure the Houston Oilers won the title in one or both of the first two seasons of the AFL?

    Check...both.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    What's the reason?

  • What's the reason?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    What's the reason?

    A stretch I guess with presidents and football players and others but John Garfield was one of the classic WWII actors of his generation.

    I've seen almost all of his movies on TCM.....the greatest era of moviemaking in Hollywood's golden era.