Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • @gunz41 said:

    I'm still so confused how Manning couldn't be up there with the records he set. So I must not understand the question.

    So I am going to tap out at this point 

    Per the PFR  CA metric.....9 players in history achieved a 24 or higher  score in a single season.   Peyton Manning did not have a season wherein he attained that score.   Tom Brady did in 2007.  LaDanian Tomlinson did it in 2006.   You named OJ  who did it in 1975;  and  Lamar Jackson just last year.

    Now...if the confusion is about "how did PFR come up with these scores and how was Manning left off"  I will admit that I am clueless how to answer that.  I am just going on the numbers.    And you will find that when I give the answers that their are some obscure names on there and you will scratch your head saying: "how can this person have been considered to have had one of the greatest seasons of all time".   And that will certainly be a fair enough observation. 

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Per the PFR  CA metric.....9 players in history achieved a 24 or higher  score in a single season.   Peyton Manning did not have a season wherein he attained that score.   Tom Brady did in 2007.  LaDanian Tomlinson did it in 2006.   You named OJ  who did it in 1975;  and  Lamar Jackson just last year.

    Now...if the confusion is about "how did PFR come up with these scores and how was Manning left off"  I will admit that I am clueless how to answer that.  I am just going on the numbers.    And you will find that when I give the answers that their are some obscure names on there and you will scratch your head saying: "how can this person have been considered to have had one of the greatest seasons of all time".   And that will certainly be a fair enough observation. 

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per the PFR  CA metric.....9 players in history achieved a 24 or higher  score in a single season.   Peyton Manning did not have a season wherein he attained that score.   Tom Brady did in 2007.  LaDanian Tomlinson did it in 2006.   You named OJ  who did it in 1975;  and  Lamar Jackson just last year.

    Now...if the confusion is about "how did PFR come up with these scores and how was Manning left off"  I will admit that I am clueless how to answer that.  I am just going on the numbers.    And you will find that when I give the answers that their are some obscure names on there and you will scratch your head saying: "how can this person have been considered to have had one of the greatest seasons of all time".   And that will certainly be a fair enough observation. 

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @gunz41 said:

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

    Well....as someone said:   "It is what it is". 

    😆

    Still 5 more names.    I think only 1 or 2 of those could be honestly guessed at. 

    Hints:  NO QBs.   One  RB.....and all the others are DBs!

  • @gunz41 said:

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

    Well....as someone said:   "It is what it is". 

    😆

    Still 5 more names.    I think only 1 or 2 of those could be honestly guessed at. 

    Hints:  NO QBs.   One  RB.....and all the others are DBs!

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well....as someone said:   "It is what it is". 

    😆

    Still 5 more names.    I think only 1 or 2 of those could be honestly guessed at. 

    Hints:  NO QBs.   One  RB.....and all the others are DBs!

    Dickerson 

    D. Sanders

    Reed

    Gilmore 

    Sherman

    ???

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per the PFR  CA metric.....9 players in history achieved a 24 or higher  score in a single season.   Peyton Manning did not have a season wherein he attained that score.   Tom Brady did in 2007.  LaDanian Tomlinson did it in 2006.   You named OJ  who did it in 1975;  and  Lamar Jackson just last year.

    Now...if the confusion is about "how did PFR come up with these scores and how was Manning left off"  I will admit that I am clueless how to answer that.  I am just going on the numbers.    And you will find that when I give the answers that their are some obscure names on there and you will scratch your head saying: "how can this person have been considered to have had one of the greatest seasons of all time".   And that will certainly be a fair enough observation. 

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

    That's the problem with this question... it's asking us to come up with the best seasons by some metric we've never heard of or seen. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....as someone said:   "It is what it is". 

    😆

    Still 5 more names.    I think only 1 or 2 of those could be honestly guessed at. 

    Hints:  NO QBs.   One  RB.....and all the others are DBs!

    Dickerson 

    D. Sanders

    Reed

    Gilmore 

    Sherman

    ???

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    Dickerson 

    D. Sanders

    Reed

    Gilmore 

    Sherman

    ???

    Nope.  None of them.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I wasn't even thinking of what metric someone used. I  was just going off of what would be considered statically speaking considered the best seasons. 

    So no issue with you, with them, etc. I guess I was just thinking of different criteria etc.

    That's the problem with this question... it's asking us to come up with the best seasons by some metric we've never heard of or seen. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's the problem with this question... it's asking us to come up with the best seasons by some metric we've never heard of or seen. 

    Oh, just about everyone on here has seen it, talked about it some.   Don't know what other kind of metric that would be available that you could place all players, regardless of position into the same pot. 

    Also, as I said,  doing one of these each day does demand some creativity.   I will try to come up with something more conventional tonight.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

     I am again going to refer to the Pro Football Reference  Production Average statistic.

    According that metric....w  9 players  had THE best/most productive seasons in history with an annual score of  24 or more?   (It only goes back to like 1960...so don't worry about any years before that)

    Name those 9 players.  

    Putting you all out of your misery.

    Answers:

    Rolland Lawrence 1977   27

    Samari Rolle  2000  27

    LaDanian Tomlinson  2006  26

    Marshall Faulk   1999  25

    Lamar  Jackson  2019  25

    OJ Simpson 1975  25

    Lem Barney  1969  24

    Tom Brady  2007  24

    Rod Woodson 1990  24. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That's the problem with this question... it's asking us to come up with the best seasons by some metric we've never heard of or seen. 

    Oh, just about everyone on here has seen it, talked about it some.   Don't know what other kind of metric that would be available that you could place all players, regardless of position into the same pot. 

    Also, as I said,  doing one of these each day does demand some creativity.   I will try to come up with something more conventional tonight.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Oh, just about everyone on here has seen it, talked about it some.   Don't know what other kind of metric that would be available that you could place all players, regardless of position into the same pot. 

    Also, as I said,  doing one of these each day does demand some creativity.   I will try to come up with something more conventional tonight.

    Oh I bet it does... Not an easy task to come up with something new every day, for sure. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    OK, here is today's Trivia Question.  Far more traditional I suspect.

    In the history of the NFL,    10 players have caught  17 or more  TDs in a season.  (note: one player did it 3 times, another did it twice.

    Name these  10 players     (Hint:  be mindful of the word  "history")

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Randy Moss

    Jerry Rice

    Terrell Owens 

    Marvin Harrison

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    Rob Gronkowski

  • Randy Moss

    Jerry Rice

    Terrell Owens 

    Marvin Harrison

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Randy Moss

    Jerry Rice

    Terrell Owens 

    Marvin Harrison

    Moss and Rice    Check  They are the ones with multiple years. 

    Not Owens/Harrison

  • Rob Gronkowski

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    Rob Gronkowski

    Check

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    Reggie Wayne, Isaac Bruce, Carlie Joiner, Lance Alworth

  • Reggie Wayne, Isaac Bruce, Carlie Joiner, Lance Alworth

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @icecube said:

    Reggie Wayne, Isaac Bruce, Carlie Joiner, Lance Alworth

    No. None correct 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I'm thinking about favorite receivers and guys I've had on my FLs..... Antonio Gates, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent, TO...

  • I'm thinking about favorite receivers and guys I've had on my FLs..... Antonio Gates, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent, TO...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm thinking about favorite receivers and guys I've had on my FLs..... Antonio Gates, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Largent, TO...

    None correct 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    I will keep this open until tomorrow.  

    Seven  (7) names left.

    Hints:   One from the 40s,   one from the 50s,  one from the 60s.    4 from the 90s. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    Cris Carter 

    isacc Bruce

  • Cris Carter 

    isacc Bruce

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Cris Carter 

    isacc Bruce

    Check on Carter.

    No on Bruce.