Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is Today's Question.    It is the other side of the coin from yesterday's. 

    There are 13  US cities that have a team in ALL 4   major sports,  NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA.      Name them. 

    Answers:

    SFO Bay area

    Los Angeles

    Phoenix

    Denver

    Dallas

    Minnesota

    Chicago

    Detroit

    Miami

    Washington DC

    Philadelphia

    New York

    Boston

    .....as noted above, Atlanta at one time had all 4, but no more.   I you included  Tampa Bay/Orlando as a single market, then they would too. (they are not counted as such....but they are only 85 miles apart. 

    I think the powers that be must think that we in the Cleveland area should get on board with the Columbus Bluejackets for NHL ....but, really,  if you are from around here, how many people do you know that  root for the Columbus NHL team.  I literally know of no one.  Its not like the Buckeyes...at all.    I don't know what the people of Cincinnati think about it..  About 105 mile distance.  

    Milwaukee is only 92 miles from Chicago.....and they have their own NBA and MLB teams....and rest assured the vast majority of people there are Packer fans even though Green Bay is further away than Chicago.   I suspect their attitude to Chicago Blackhawks is about the same as ours is to Columbus.  Worse probably, because unlike Cleveland/Columbus, there are legit sports rivalries between Chicago and Milwaukee.  It would be like us being asked to root for the Pittsburgh Penguins.  NO one here roots for the Pittsburgh hockey teams, except maybe a few queefs from Youngstown maybe. 

    I do know that the owner of the Portland Trailblazers and the Seattle Seahawks are the same:   (Estate of late Paul Allen)....and I know that that owner expect each city to root for the other cities team.....but I don't know how in reality that works out.   I think Portland may be more interested in their soccer team than the Seattle football team.  

  • WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by

    Too young to know most of these ? but I'll predict number 12

    _109676491_rudolphgetty.jpg

  • WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by

    DPOY

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Either y'all know nothing about this stuff or are too lazy to try.   I will just give answers.

    I was going to save this one until tomorrow, but you all knocked out most of the other question today in short order that I will go ahead with this.

    This will be a little different....not just one question, but a number of them.    All about Browns history:   Here you go:

    1. How many seasons will the Browns now have played, including 2020?

    72 Years  (3 year hiatus  96,97,98)

    2. How many championships have the Browns won?

    8 Titles

    3. How many Conference titles have they won?

    12 Conf. titles   (meaning  4 in AAFC,  8 in NFL....winning 4 title games and losing 4)

    4. How many times have the Browns finished First?

    23 times

    5.  How many times have the Browns played in the postseason?

    29 times

    6. How many coaches have the Browns had in their history...including Stefanski,   but not including interim coaches?

    19 HCs   (plus interims like Shofner, Robiskie, Williams and others)

    7. How many times has a Browns coach won coach of the year.  Which coaches?

    8  times as follows:   Paul Brown  4, Sam Rutigliano  2, Forrest Gregg 1, Marty Schottenheimer  1

    8. How many times has a Browns player won the MVP award.   Which players

    8  MVPs:    Jim Brown 4;   Otto Graham  3;   Brian Sipe  1

    9. How many times has a Browns player won the Rookie of the Year?  Which players?

    3 ROYs:   Jim Brown,  Chip Banks,  Kevin Mack

    10. How many times has a Browns player won  Defensive Player of the Year award?  Which player?

    One time:    Michael Dean Perry

    11. How many times has a Browns player won the Offensive Player of the Year Award?  Which Players?

    3 times:   Jim Brown,  Leroy Kelley, Brian Sipe    (award not given in Otto's days)

    12.  Who will be the next Browns player or coach to win any of these Awards? 

    Garrett will win a DPOY;    Stefanski will win a COY before he is done.   Baker will win an MVP or  OPOY sometime.  

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    OK dudes,   this will be like the last Trivia Question for a couple of weeks, as beginning Monday I will be out on the road for  12-14 days.  So, make this count:

    In NFL history,   14  players had   8  combined  Kickoff or Punt Returns  for TDs in their careers. 

    Name these 14 players. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Devin Hester,  Eric Metcalf and maybe Josh Cribbs have to be up there somewhere.

  • Devin Hester,  Eric Metcalf and maybe Josh Cribbs have to be up there somewhere.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Devin Hester,  Eric Metcalf and maybe Josh Cribbs have to be up there somewhere.

    They are......3 of the Top 5.  Check

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    Gayle Sayers comes to mind. Perhaps Gerald McNeil? 

  • Gayle Sayers comes to mind. Perhaps Gerald McNeil? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @dutch-oven said:

    Gayle Sayers comes to mind. Perhaps Gerald McNeil? 

    Check on Sayers.  He had 8.  Though  I think at one point he gave up the career duties, and his career was cut so short that he would have been higher

    And as much as we loved the IceCube, he only actually ever returned one kick or punt for a TD. 

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by 7moses7

    Deon Sanders

  • Deon Sanders

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @7moses7 said:

    Deon Sanders

    Check 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Gayle Sayers comes to mind. Perhaps Gerald McNeil? 

    Check on Sayers.  He had 8.  Though  I think at one point he gave up the career duties, and his career was cut so short that he would have been higher

    And as much as we loved the IceCube, he only actually ever returned one kick or punt for a TD. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Check on Sayers.  He had 8.  Though  I think at one point he gave up the career duties, and his career was cut so short that he would have been higher

    And as much as we loved the IceCube, he only actually ever returned one kick or punt for a TD. 

    Yeah, I thought that one was a longshot, but I thought he had more than two return touchdowns. 

  • OK dudes,   this will be like the last Trivia Question for a couple of weeks, as beginning Monday I will be out on the road for  12-14 days.  So, make this count:

    In NFL history,   14  players had   8  combined  Kickoff or Punt Returns  for TDs in their careers. 

    Name these 14 players. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    OK dudes,   this will be like the last Trivia Question for a couple of weeks, as beginning Monday I will be out on the road for  12-14 days.  So, make this count:

    Are you going to be able to get on here in those two weeks? I was going to post my 'Dutch Questions' Monday, but I can move it up to tomorrow if you can't post starting Monday. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Brian Mitchell? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK dudes,   this will be like the last Trivia Question for a couple of weeks, as beginning Monday I will be out on the road for  12-14 days.  So, make this count:

    Are you going to be able to get on here in those two weeks? I was going to post my 'Dutch Questions' Monday, but I can move it up to tomorrow if you can't post starting Monday. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Are you going to be able to get on here in those two weeks? I was going to post my 'Dutch Questions' Monday, but I can move it up to tomorrow if you can't post starting Monday. 

    I will be able to answer posts, but I won't be able to copy/paste or really make major replies.  But, I see you did the thing anyway Thx.

  • Brian Mitchell? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Brian Mitchell? 

    Check....he is #2 overall.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    In NFL history,   14  players had   8  combined  Kickoff or Punt Returns  for TDs in their careers. 

    Name these 14 players. 

    Answers.    KO returns first, then punt returns, then total:

    Devin Hester   5+14   19

    Brian Mitchell  4+9   13

    Dante Hall   6+6    12

    Eric Metcalf  2+ 10   12

    Josh Cribbs  8 + 3  11

    Deion Sanders  3 + 6  9

    Jacoby Jones  5 + 5   9

    Mel Gray  6 + 3    9

    Ollie Matson  6 + 3   9

    Darren Sproles  2 + 7  9

    Desmond Howard   8 + 0   8

    Bobby Mitchell  5 + 3   8

    Billy White Shoes Johnson  2 + 6  8

    Gale Sayers  2 + 6   8

    As mentioned, this will be the last one for a bit. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Two part question:

    A. Name the only states in the US that have a team in one of the other 3 major sports (NBA/NHL/MLB),  but does not have an NFL team.

    B.  Name those NFL teams that do NOT play in the city they are named for.    (for purposes of this you can ignore the so call "regional team names like Minnesota, Tennessee, New England, Arizona)