Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • There’s a KC QB on that list not named Montana or Mahomes: I would tell you but I can’t remember his name - LOL. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @frenchie said:

    There’s a KC QB on that list not named Montana or Mahomes: I would tell you but I can’t remember his name - LOL. 

    No, no one from the Chiefs is in the Top  10/11

    Top game for KC was  20th....Elvis Grbac. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Name the  11 QBs who have thrown for the most yards in a single game.   (11 because there is a tie for 10th)   Hint,  about half are active and the other half not. 

    Answers:

    1. Norm Van Brocklin   554 yards  in 1951.  For Rams

    2. Matt Schaub  527   Texans

    t2.  Warren Moon   527  Oilers

    4. Ben R.   522 Steelers

    t4. Boomer Esiason  522   Cardinals

    6. Dan Marino  521  Dolphins

    7.  Matt Stafford  520   Lions

    8.  Tom Brady  517  Pats

    t8. Jared Goff  517  Rams

    10.  Derek Carr  513  Raiders

    t10.  Phil Simms  513  Giants

    Best game by Browns QB was the 489 yards by Bernie Kosar in postseason vs. Jets.  That ranks 31st overall.    But that is 2d in postseason play to Tom Brady's 505  in the Super Bowl vs. Eagles.

    Kelly Holcomb's  429 vs. Steelers is 10th best in postseason

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is Today's trivia Question.   Sort of the Flip Side of yesterdays:

    Name the Top Ten...actually 11 because of a tie for 10th place,  Running Backs who gained the most yards in a single game.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    I remember that dayJamal Lewis did it against us, so there’s one. Is that still the single day record?

  • I remember that dayJamal Lewis did it against us, so there’s one. Is that still the single day record?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I remember that dayJamal Lewis did it against us, so there’s one. Is that still the single day record?

    That is  #2.

    But that is a check for the answer. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    Somebody has to guess Jim Brown. Even if it’s wrong, it must be right.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Jerome Harrison of the Browns has to be on this list. That game vs the Chiefs was B-A-N-A-N-A-S. 

    Walter Payton had a monster game that had to be Top 10. 

    I'm guessing O.J. Simpson too. *

    *still not a Jew. 

  • Somebody has to guess Jim Brown. Even if it’s wrong, it must be right.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Somebody has to guess Jim Brown. Even if it’s wrong, it must be right.

    It is wrong.  None of his games were in Top Ten/11

  • Jerome Harrison of the Browns has to be on this list. That game vs the Chiefs was B-A-N-A-N-A-S. 

    Walter Payton had a monster game that had to be Top 10. 

    I'm guessing O.J. Simpson too. *

    *still not a Jew. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jerome Harrison of the Browns has to be on this list. That game vs the Chiefs was B-A-N-A-N-A-S. 

    Walter Payton had a monster game that had to be Top 10. 

    I'm guessing O.J. Simpson too. *

    *still not a Jew. 

    Harrison had the #3 game.  Payton #5,  OJ  #6

    Check on all.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Yep-It was Schaub-who woulda thunk it?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Earl Campbell

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    I think that you did one of these way back in your trivia contests and they are tricky not a lot of popular names.

    I do remember Corey Dillion for Cincinnati had a great game. 

    .........I knew OJ and Sweetness but am drawing blanks.

  • Earl Campbell

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Earl Campbell

    nope

  • I think that you did one of these way back in your trivia contests and they are tricky not a lot of popular names.

    I do remember Corey Dillion for Cincinnati had a great game. 

    .........I knew OJ and Sweetness but am drawing blanks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I think that you did one of these way back in your trivia contests and they are tricky not a lot of popular names.

    I do remember Corey Dillion for Cincinnati had a great game. 

    .........I knew OJ and Sweetness but am drawing blanks.

    check on Dillon  #4 game.

    And I am sure that I may have at times come up with a similarly themed question.  When you do these either every week, or almost every day for 15 years that can happen. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    Name the Top Ten...actually 11 because of a tie for 10th place,  Running Backs who gained the most yards in a single game.

    Answers:

    1. Adrian Peterson Minnesota 296 yards

    2. Jamal Lewis  Baltimore Ravens  295

    3. Jerome Harrison,  Browns   286

    4. Corey Dillon  Bengals  278

    5. Walter Payton  Bears  275

    6. OJ Simpson,  Bills  273

    7. Shaun Alexander  Seattle  266

    8. Jamal Charles  Chiefs  259

    9. Demarco Murray  Dallas  253 yards

    10. Doug Martin  Bucs  251

    t10. Mike Anderson  Denver  251

    FYI,  Jim Brown's highest game was  237 yards.....which he actually accomplise twice  (he does have more 200 yard games than anyone in history)

    Also, the most yards gained by a Browns player in the postseason was  161 yards by Ernest Byner  against the Dolphins.