Trivia Questions and Answers
-
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
Seahawks, Falcons, Hawks, Cardinals, Penguins, Blue Jays
EDIT: Consolidating with the next 4 I posted
Eagles Orioles Blackhawks Ravens
-
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
Seahawks, Falcons, Hawks, Cardinals, Penguins, Blue Jays
EDIT: Consolidating with the next 4 I posted
Eagles Orioles Blackhawks Ravens
Seahawks, Falcons, Hawks, Cardinals, Penguins, Blue Jays
EDIT: Consolidating with the next 4 I posted
Eagles Orioles Blackhawks Ravens
I did not include Blackhawks, because, in theory, they are named after an Indian Tribe, not a bird....but, clearly the tribe name includes a bird...so that is good.
There still could be 3-5 more
-
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
bird battles in the sky are always fun to watch and humingbird battles are cool damn they are territorial
toronto blue jays which are the most hated bird of all
-
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
bird battles in the sky are always fun to watch and humingbird battles are cool damn they are territorial
toronto blue jays which are the most hated bird of all
-
Toronto Blue Jays already named.
that wasnt the point of my post
it was about birds
-
Toronto Blue Jays already named.
that wasnt the point of my post
it was about birds
that wasnt the point of my post
it was about birds
There is a bird thread in the Barbershop.
But speaking of birds....Today is the day the Buzzards return to Hinckley. They apparently cancelled the big festival, but I may try to get up there in the next day or so to try to see the buzzards. I see that some friends of mine were up there either yesterday or today and saw them.
But....Buzzards is NOT the name of one of the teams. Though....it could be a good name for a team, couldn't it?
-
that wasnt the point of my post
it was about birds
There is a bird thread in the Barbershop.
But speaking of birds....Today is the day the Buzzards return to Hinckley. They apparently cancelled the big festival, but I may try to get up there in the next day or so to try to see the buzzards. I see that some friends of mine were up there either yesterday or today and saw them.
But....Buzzards is NOT the name of one of the teams. Though....it could be a good name for a team, couldn't it?
There is a bird thread in the Barbershop.
But speaking of birds....Today is the day the Buzzards return to Hinckley. They apparently cancelled the big festival, but I may try to get up there in the next day or so to try to see the buzzards. I see that some friends of mine were up there either yesterday or today and saw them.
But....Buzzards is NOT the name of one of the teams. Though....it could be a good name for a team, couldn't it?
The Birmingham Buzzards sponsored by Corona Beer. Great combo this year.?
-
Here is Today's Trivia Question.
My son has gotten me into "birding (don't call it birdwatching) " lately. It gives me something to do and helps me get some exercise. So the question is simple:
Name all the teams in the NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB that have bird nicknames. I think there are anywhere from 12-15 teams.
Answers:
Pittsburgh Penguins
Anaheim Ducks
New Orleans Pelicans
Atlanta Hawks
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
Baltimore Ravens
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
St. Louis Cardinals
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
and in a sense, perhaps these teams:
Philadelphia Flyers and Detroit Redwings. They both use wing on their logos.
Toronto Raptors.....while they may be referring to Dinosaurs with their names, "Raptors" is another name for "Birds of Prey"
Chicago Blackhawks......Indian tribe with hawk in its name.
Free to merge, thanks.
-
I can buy raptors but the two wingy dingy things are a stretch. If we accept them then we should accept the Anaheim Angels too. Wings.?
Ducks is the only one I could not recall. But then I don't recall ever knowing that team anyway since I never cared for hockey.
-
Here is today's trivia question. It is a bit of a long one. May keep open a couple of days:
I am first going to give you the name of many starting NFL Quarterbacks, alphabetically. Then I am going to give you a list of cities. The cities are the names of either the birthplace or hometown (high school) of these NFL QBs..or in a couple of cases, both.
Simply match the QB to his home town or birthplace
Josh AllenTom Brady,Drew BreesDerek Carr, Kirk CousinsJimmy Garropolo, Jared Goff
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield,
Kyler MurrayCam Newton
Dak Prescott
Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers,
Ben Roethlisberger,Matt RyanMatt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill,Mitch TrubiskydeShaun Watson,
Carson Wentz,Jameis WinstonTowns:
Allen TX, Arlington Hts. Illinois, Athens, Alabama, Atlanta, Georgia, Austin/Austin TXBessemer, Alabama,
Bismarck, N.DChico, Calif.
Dallas/Austin TXExton PA
Findlay Ohio,Firebaugh Calif.,Fresno Calif.Gainesville, Georgia
Holland, Michigan
Lubbock TXMentor, OhioNovato, Calif.
Pompano Beach Fla.
Richmond, Virginia
San Mateo, Calif. , Sulphur, LouisianaTampa/Dallas, Tyler TX
NOTE: correct answers given
lined out -
I can buy raptors but the two wingy dingy things are a stretch. If we accept them then we should accept the Anaheim Angels too. Wings.?
Ducks is the only one I could not recall. But then I don't recall ever knowing that team anyway since I never cared for hockey.
I can buy raptors but the two wingy dingy things are a stretch. If we accept them then we should accept the Anaheim Angels too. Wings.?
Ducks is the only one I could not recall. But then I don't recall ever knowing that team anyway since I never cared for hockey.
You didn't get Pelicans either, apparently. And, I don't know, there IS such a thing as a redwing blackbird. Flyers is sketchy though.
Here is something I found on the origin of the Flyers name:
On their way home after seeing a Broadway show, the Flyers owner/GM and his wife were looking for a stopper name for their hockey team. “I was thinking of people skating and sliding around the ice,” Phyllis recalls, “and the ‘Flyers’ just popped into my head. Everybody thought it was great.”
The “Philadelphia Flyers” had alliterative pizzazz, conveyed motion and excitement, and was short enough to fit into newspaper headlines. Snider told Phyllis, “That’s the name, but you can’t win the contest.” Flyers, it would be.
The contest ran for ten days in July. More than 11,000 entries were submitted, including Ice picks, Acmes, Philly-Billies, Greenbacks, Scars, and Strips and Croaking Crickets. Liberty Bell and Quakers got the most votes, but Flyers, of course, got the only votes that counted. On August 3, the team announced its new name at an outdoor conference at the arena construction site.
Alec Stockard, a 9-year-old boy from Narberth, one of the untold numbers of entrants who had submitted the name “Flyers,” won the television in a drawing conducted by Putnam. However, Stockard had spelled it “Fliers.” None of the teams founders recall why the second dictionary spelling of the word-with a “y” instead of an “i”-was chosen.So...they are not named after a bird, or a plane, or Superman......they are named after like ice skaters.
-
Kyler Murray-Allen, Tx.
Drew Brees-Austin, Tx,
-
Kyler Murray-Allen, Tx.
Drew Brees-Austin, Tx,
Kyler Murray-Allen, Tx.
Drew Brees-Austin, Tx,
Check on Murray........and which Austin? Note, there are two.....that is where I gave both birthplace and high school town
-
Ryan Tannehill-Lubbuck,Tx.
Kyle Allen came from a HS in Arizona but I don't know his birthplace. I will guess Dallas.
Jamais Winston-Pompano Beach, Fla.
-
Kyler Murray-Allen, Tx.
Drew Brees-Austin, Tx,
Check on Murray........and which Austin? Note, there are two.....that is where I gave both birthplace and high school town
Check on Murray........and which Austin? Note, there are two.....that is where I gave both birthplace and high school town
Brees Austin/Austin
-
Ryan Tannehill-Lubbuck,Tx.
Kyle Allen came from a HS in Arizona but I don't know his birthplace. I will guess Dallas.
Jamais Winston-Pompano Beach, Fla.
Ryan Tannehill-Lubbuck,Tx.
Kyle Allen came from a HS in Arizona but I don't know his birthplace. I will guess Dallas.
Jamais Winston-Pompano Beach, Fla.
Check on Tannehill. No on Winston.......and who the fuck is Kyle Allen?
-
Check on Murray........and which Austin? Note, there are two.....that is where I gave both birthplace and high school town
Brees Austin/Austin
Brees Austin/Austin
NO
-
Brees Austin/Austin
NO
NO
Then Dallas/Austin for Brees because he played at Westlake in Austin
And Tannehill was born in Lubbock but played in Big Spring in west Texas.
Kyle Allen started in place of Cam most of this past season. But I'll now put Cam in Pompano Beach now that I know it wasn't Jameis
EDIT: I just looked Cam up so wrong on that one. Oh well, not gonna cheat and say where it really was. He did play for Blinn JC in Texas though before Auburn.?
-
NO
Then Dallas/Austin for Brees because he played at Westlake in Austin
And Tannehill was born in Lubbock but played in Big Spring in west Texas.
Kyle Allen started in place of Cam most of this past season. But I'll now put Cam in Pompano Beach now that I know it wasn't Jameis
EDIT: I just looked Cam up so wrong on that one. Oh well, not gonna cheat and say where it really was. He did play for Blinn JC in Texas though before Auburn.?
Then Dallas/Austin for Brees because he played at Westlake in Austin
And Tannehill was born in Lubbock but played in Big Spring in west Texas.
Kyle Allen started in place of Cam most of this past season. But I'll now put Cam in Pompano Beach now that I know it wasn't Jameis
EDIT: I just looked Cam up so wrong on that one. Oh well, not gonna cheat and say where it really was. He did play for Blinn JC in Texas though before Auburn.?
Kyle Allen is not a name I asked for. Check now on Brees (born in Dallas)
Wrong on Cam
-
Derek Carr - Fresno
Cant believe I know this!!! Whatta waste of memory.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login