Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • Today's question follows a theme of previous questions, and there are a lot of answers, but you all should get  a lot of these quickly:

    25  Quarterbacks in history have started and won  2 or more championships.

    Name as many of these QBs as you can.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Today's question follows a theme of previous questions, and there are a lot of answers, but you all should get  a lot of these quickly:

    25  Quarterbacks in history have started and won  2 or more championships.

    Name as many of these QBs as you can.

    I'm not gonna know many old timers, but taking a shot. 

    - Montana

    -Brady

    - Bradshaw

    - Big Ben

    - Staubach

    - Elway

    - Eli

    - Peyton

    - Bart Star

    - Otto Graham

    - Aikman

    - Plunket

    - Johnny Unitas

    Not even close to 25, I FAIL

  • P. Manning

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    P. Manning

    Check.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Today's question follows a theme of previous questions, and there are a lot of answers, but you all should get  a lot of these quickly:

    25  Quarterbacks in history have started and won  2 or more championships.

    Name as many of these QBs as you can.

    I'm not gonna know many old timers, but taking a shot. 

    - Montana

    -Brady

    - Bradshaw

    - Big Ben

    - Staubach

    - Elway

    - Eli

    - Peyton

    - Bart Star

    - Otto Graham

    - Aikman

    - Plunket

    - Johnny Unitas

    Not even close to 25, I FAIL

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @icecube said:

    I'm not gonna know many old timers, but taking a shot. 

    - Montana

    -Brady

    - Bradshaw

    - Big Ben

    - Staubach

    - Elway

    - Eli

    - Peyton

    - Bart Star

    - Otto Graham

    - Aikman

    - Plunket

    - Johnny Unitas

    Not even close to 25, I FAIL

    Not even close to fail....these are ALL Correct.

    Down to  12 left.....but yes,   they are all "old timers",  All post 1980 have been named. In fact, just one remains from the 70s. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

  • Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

    Check on both. 

    Down to 10. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

    Check on both. 

    Down to 10. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @the-gipper said:

    Check on both. 

    Down to 10. 

    So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

    Bob Waterfield was the starting QB for the 1945 Cleveland Rams, and the 1951 Los Angeles Rams, I think. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Check on both. 

    Down to 10. 

    So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

    Bob Waterfield was the starting QB for the 1945 Cleveland Rams, and the 1951 Los Angeles Rams, I think. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @dutch-oven said:

    So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

    Yes, that is accurate.  And there are 10 names left. 

    Hint on one:  He actually did win a title in the 70s.....the game played in January 1970...from the 1969 season. 

    Hint on another:  Hell, I just named him in yesterday's trivia question. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I have a feeling Sid Luckman might be on this list too... 

    Also whoever was the QB for the Eagles on the 1948 and 1949 NFL Championship teams, if the same guy started both title games. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

    Yes, that is accurate.  And there are 10 names left. 

    Hint on one:  He actually did win a title in the 70s.....the game played in January 1970...from the 1969 season. 

    Hint on another:  Hell, I just named him in yesterday's trivia question. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, that is accurate.  And there are 10 names left. 

    Hint on one:  He actually did win a title in the 70s.....the game played in January 1970...from the 1969 season. 

    Hint on another:  Hell, I just named him in yesterday's trivia question. 

    Len Dawson? That doesn't make sense... 

  • I have a feeling Sid Luckman might be on this list too... 

    Also whoever was the QB for the Eagles on the 1948 and 1949 NFL Championship teams, if the same guy started both title games. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have a feeling Sid Luckman might be on this list too... 

    Also whoever was the QB for the Eagles on the 1948 and 1949 NFL Championship teams, if the same guy started both title games. 

    Luckman is a Check  (won 4 in fact)....and yes on the Eagles guy....just need to remember his name.  Hint:  actually you only need to remember one name, since his first and last names were essentially the same. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, that is accurate.  And there are 10 names left. 

    Hint on one:  He actually did win a title in the 70s.....the game played in January 1970...from the 1969 season. 

    Hint on another:  Hell, I just named him in yesterday's trivia question. 

    Len Dawson? That doesn't make sense... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @dutch-oven said:

    Len Dawson? That doesn't make sense... 

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Len Dawson? That doesn't make sense... 

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

    Oh, I was thinking only about NFL titles. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I have a feeling Sid Luckman might be on this list too... 

    Also whoever was the QB for the Eagles on the 1948 and 1949 NFL Championship teams, if the same guy started both title games. 

    Luckman is a Check  (won 4 in fact)....and yes on the Eagles guy....just need to remember his name.  Hint:  actually you only need to remember one name, since his first and last names were essentially the same. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Luckman is a Check  (won 4 in fact)....and yes on the Eagles guy....just need to remember his name.  Hint:  actually you only need to remember one name, since his first and last names were essentially the same. 

    Tommy Thompson? 

  • Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

    Griese had two?  I thought about him and only thought he had one. Shows you what I know. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Len Dawson? That doesn't make sense... 

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

    He crossed my mind too. Again, only thought he won 1. I'm ignorant to pre-super bowl era stuff. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Bobby Layne, Bob Griese

    Griese had two?  I thought about him and only thought he had one. Shows you what I know. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @icecube said:

    Griese had two?  I thought about him and only thought he had one. Shows you what I know. 

    Yeah, the Dolphins in his era went to three Super Bowls, winning twice.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

    Oh, I was thinking only about NFL titles. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh, I was thinking only about NFL titles. 

    Including AFL, AAFC, NFL

  • @the-gipper said:

    Luckman is a Check  (won 4 in fact)....and yes on the Eagles guy....just need to remember his name.  Hint:  actually you only need to remember one name, since his first and last names were essentially the same. 

    Tommy Thompson? 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Tommy Thompson? 

    Check!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Check on Dawson.  Why does it not make sense?   He did win 2 titles...including the SBIV after the 1969 season.  (plus 1962 AFL title) 

    He crossed my mind too. Again, only thought he won 1. I'm ignorant to pre-super bowl era stuff. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @icecube said:

    He crossed my mind too. Again, only thought he won 1. I'm ignorant to pre-super bowl era stuff. 

    Well, the only ones left now are Pre-SB era.  But, I will give some hints.  

    A. One coulda been called  "Mr. Vice President" (but lost that bid)

    B.  I just gave you one in the previous day's question......while you can't google...you can look that answer up.

    C. One won twice for the same team, but that team played in 2 different cities....and one of those cities was Cleveland.

    D.  One  won two titles ..Pre-SB with a different team....but then played in a Super Bowl with another team....as a kicker

    E. One is only one of 2 QBs to ever lead a team to 3 consecutive championships.....for the same team as the only other QB to win 3 straight titles.

    F.  The other two played for teams that are currently part of the NFC East.   

  • @the-gipper said:

    Check on both. 

    Down to 10. 

    So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

    Bob Waterfield was the starting QB for the 1945 Cleveland Rams, and the 1951 Los Angeles Rams, I think. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So the rest are all from the 1960s and before? 

    Bob Waterfield was the starting QB for the 1945 Cleveland Rams, and the 1951 Los Angeles Rams, I think. 

    Oops, I must have missed this answer...or you edited it.   Check on Waterfield.