Skip to content

Trivia Questions and Answers

The Browns Board
1.6k 36 27.7k
  • @gorka said:

    Well fuck me

    You mean about not remembering LeBeau?

    FYI......3 names left.    One player.....hint:  offense.   And one coach and one contributor.

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You mean about not remembering LeBeau?

    FYI......3 names left.    One player.....hint:  offense.   And one coach and one contributor.

    I never knew he was a Buckeye. How many is that now that either went to OSU or are from Ohio that have helped the stealers win Super Bowls?

    At least Ryan Shazier won't be able to.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You mean about not remembering LeBeau?

    FYI......3 names left.    One player.....hint:  offense.   And one coach and one contributor.

    I never knew he was a Buckeye. How many is that now that either went to OSU or are from Ohio that have helped the stealers win Super Bowls?

    At least Ryan Shazier won't be able to.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gorka said:

    I never knew he was a Buckeye. How many is that now that either went to OSU or are from Ohio that have helped the stealers win Super Bowls?

    At least Ryan Shazier won't be able to.

    Sure....let's augment this trivia question with yours:  Ohioans who won a SB with the Steelers.

    Jack Lambert Mantua Crestwood/Kent St.  ,  Ben R.  Findlay/Miami Oh.;   James Harrison  Coventry HS (Akron)....and didn't he also attend Kent?  I had thought of Leveon Bell...but no, he is from Ohio, but he was not in the league in 2008, last time Steelers won.

    Of course, Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine HS;  and LeBeau...from Toronto OH I believe, and OSU. 

  • @gorka said:

    I never knew he was a Buckeye. How many is that now that either went to OSU or are from Ohio that have helped the stealers win Super Bowls?

    At least Ryan Shazier won't be able to.

    Sure....let's augment this trivia question with yours:  Ohioans who won a SB with the Steelers.

    Jack Lambert Mantua Crestwood/Kent St.  ,  Ben R.  Findlay/Miami Oh.;   James Harrison  Coventry HS (Akron)....and didn't he also attend Kent?  I had thought of Leveon Bell...but no, he is from Ohio, but he was not in the league in 2008, last time Steelers won.

    Of course, Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine HS;  and LeBeau...from Toronto OH I believe, and OSU. 

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure....let's augment this trivia question with yours:  Ohioans who won a SB with the Steelers.

    Jack Lambert Mantua Crestwood/Kent St.  ,  Ben R.  Findlay/Miami Oh.;   James Harrison  Coventry HS (Akron)....and didn't he also attend Kent?  I had thought of Leveon Bell...but no, he is from Ohio, but he was not in the league in 2008, last time Steelers won.

    Of course, Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine HS;  and LeBeau...from Toronto OH I believe, and OSU. 

    Santonio Holmes, went to OSU, caught that winning TD in SB vs Cardinals.

    Other than him I think you have it covered.

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka

    Found one more..went to PFR and looked up their SB rosters...Nate Washington, from Toledo, went to Tiffin. He was probably just a role player tho. Never heard of the guy.

    So that makes 7.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sure....let's augment this trivia question with yours:  Ohioans who won a SB with the Steelers.

    Jack Lambert Mantua Crestwood/Kent St.  ,  Ben R.  Findlay/Miami Oh.;   James Harrison  Coventry HS (Akron)....and didn't he also attend Kent?  I had thought of Leveon Bell...but no, he is from Ohio, but he was not in the league in 2008, last time Steelers won.

    Of course, Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine HS;  and LeBeau...from Toronto OH I believe, and OSU. 

    Santonio Holmes, went to OSU, caught that winning TD in SB vs Cardinals.

    Other than him I think you have it covered.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @gorka said:

    Santonio Holmes, went to OSU, caught that winning TD in SB vs Cardinals.

    Other than him I think you have it covered.

    Went to OSU, but I think he was like from New Jersey.   Will check......ah, no.  From Florida.  Not even from San Antonio...which you might have thunk!

  • @gorka said:

    Santonio Holmes, went to OSU, caught that winning TD in SB vs Cardinals.

    Other than him I think you have it covered.

    Went to OSU, but I think he was like from New Jersey.   Will check......ah, no.  From Florida.  Not even from San Antonio...which you might have thunk!

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka

    @the-gipper said:

    Went to OSU, but I think he was like from New Jersey.   Will check......ah, no.  From Florida.  Not even from San Antonio...which you might have thunk!

    He still counts, I had stated...players either from Ohio or who went to OSU.

    They got that Heyward guy at DE who went to OSU. He hadn't played in any SB's tho.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Here is today's Trivia Question.  A bit late in the day, I know:

    There are 10 people in the Pro Football Hall of Fame who are graduates, or at least attended  Ohio State University.  Note/hint:  8 of them are players, 2 of them "other"  either coach or contributor. 

    Name as many of these 10 as you can.

    Answers:

    Cris Carter

    Lou Groza

    Dante Lavelli

    Dick LeBeau

    Orlando Pace

    Jim Parker

    Paul Warfield

    Bill Willis

    Sid Gillman   coach

    Ed Sabol   contributor

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    In the 100 year history of Professional Football,   there have been 19 repeat championship teams  (won 2 or more in a row) .  These include NFL/AFL/AAFC, and it includes pre-SB and SB era.

    Name each of these repeat champions.     Include team and  years (approx). 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    Gb 67-68

    Stoolers 74-75 78-79

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    Cleveland 1946-49 (AAFC) and 1950 (NFL)

    Philadelphia 1948, 1949 (NFL)

    Detroit 1952, 1953 (NFL)

    Cleveland 1954, 1955 (NFL)

    Baltimore 1958, 1959 (NFL)

    Green Bay 1961, 1962 (NFL)

    Green Bay 1965, 1966 (SB I), 1967 (SB II)

    I'll take a break and let some other people get some.... 

  • Gb 67-68

    Stoolers 74-75 78-79

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @browns149 said:

    Gb 67-68

    Stoolers 74-75 78-79

    Check on these...but it is actually  '65, '66, 67. 

  • Cleveland 1946-49 (AAFC) and 1950 (NFL)

    Philadelphia 1948, 1949 (NFL)

    Detroit 1952, 1953 (NFL)

    Cleveland 1954, 1955 (NFL)

    Baltimore 1958, 1959 (NFL)

    Green Bay 1961, 1962 (NFL)

    Green Bay 1965, 1966 (SB I), 1967 (SB II)

    I'll take a break and let some other people get some.... 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Cleveland 1946-49 (AAFC) and 1950 (NFL)

    Philadelphia 1948, 1949 (NFL)

    Detroit 1952, 1953 (NFL)

    Cleveland 1954, 1955 (NFL)

    Baltimore 1958, 1959 (NFL)

    Green Bay 1961, 1962 (NFL)

    Green Bay 1965, 1966 (SB I), 1967 (SB II)

    I'll take a break and let some other people get some.... 

    Check on all  these.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    Cowboys 91-92? Not sure about dates

  • Cowboys 91-92? Not sure about dates

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @browns149 said:

    Cowboys 91-92? Not sure about dates

    92/93 actually.  Close enough. Check.

    Still 9 more of the 19. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    NE 03-04?   

  • NE 03-04?   

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @browns149 said:

    NE 03-04?   

    Check

  • @browns149 said:

    NE 03-04?   

    Check

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Check

    I got the years right? ?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    MIA in their glory years 1972 was the 17-0 year and the 71 or 73 was the other SB year, I think it was 72 & 73.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    San Francisco 1988, 1989

    Denver 1997, 1998

  • San Francisco 1988, 1989

    Denver 1997, 1998

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    San Francisco 1988, 1989

    Denver 1997, 1998

    Check