Trivia Questions and Answers
-
Went to OSU, but I think he was like from New Jersey. Will check......ah, no. From Florida. Not even from San Antonio...which you might have thunk!
He still counts, I had stated...players either from Ohio or who went to OSU.
They got that Heyward guy at DE who went to OSU. He hadn't played in any SB's tho.
-
Here is today's Trivia Question. A bit late in the day, I know:
There are 10 people in the Pro Football Hall of Fame who are graduates, or at least attended Ohio State University. Note/hint: 8 of them are players, 2 of them "other" either coach or contributor.
Name as many of these 10 as you can.
Answers:
Cris Carter
Lou Groza
Dante Lavelli
Dick LeBeau
Orlando Pace
Jim Parker
Paul Warfield
Bill Willis
Sid Gillman coach
Ed Sabol contributor
-
In the 100 year history of Professional Football, there have been 19 repeat championship teams (won 2 or more in a row) . These include NFL/AFL/AAFC, and it includes pre-SB and SB era.
Name each of these repeat champions. Include team and years (approx).
-
Gb 67-68
Stoolers 74-75 78-79
-
Cleveland 1946-49 (AAFC) and 1950 (NFL)
Philadelphia 1948, 1949 (NFL)
Detroit 1952, 1953 (NFL)
Cleveland 1954, 1955 (NFL)
Baltimore 1958, 1959 (NFL)
Green Bay 1961, 1962 (NFL)
Green Bay 1965, 1966 (SB I), 1967 (SB II)
I'll take a break and let some other people get some....
-
Gb 67-68
Stoolers 74-75 78-79
Check on these...but it is actually '65, '66, 67.
-
Cleveland 1946-49 (AAFC) and 1950 (NFL)
Philadelphia 1948, 1949 (NFL)
Detroit 1952, 1953 (NFL)
Cleveland 1954, 1955 (NFL)
Baltimore 1958, 1959 (NFL)
Green Bay 1961, 1962 (NFL)
Green Bay 1965, 1966 (SB I), 1967 (SB II)
I'll take a break and let some other people get some....
Cleveland 1946-49 (AAFC) and 1950 (NFL)
Philadelphia 1948, 1949 (NFL)
Detroit 1952, 1953 (NFL)
Cleveland 1954, 1955 (NFL)
Baltimore 1958, 1959 (NFL)
Green Bay 1961, 1962 (NFL)
Green Bay 1965, 1966 (SB I), 1967 (SB II)
I'll take a break and let some other people get some....
Check on all these.
-
Cowboys 91-92? Not sure about dates
-
Cowboys 91-92? Not sure about dates
92/93 actually. Close enough. Check.
Still 9 more of the 19.
-
NE 03-04?
-
NE 03-04?
Check
-
NE 03-04?
Check
Check
I got the years right? ?
-
-
San Francisco 1988, 1989
Denver 1997, 1998
-
San Francisco 1988, 1989
Denver 1997, 1998
San Francisco 1988, 1989
Denver 1997, 1998
Check
-
MIA in their glory years 1972 was the 17-0 year and the 71 or 73 was the other SB year, I think it was 72 & 73.
-
Check
I got the years right? ?
-
Yes.
5 more. Hints: NFL way back. 2 AFL.
AFL - Houston Oilers, KC not sure of years just pre SB 1967 years.
-
Yes.
5 more. Hints: NFL way back. 2 AFL.
AFL - Houston Oilers, KC not sure of years just pre SB 1967 years.
-
Oilers check....60/61. Not KC
I'm trying to think of the powerhouse AFL teams back then San Diego comes to mind. (I was a teenager.)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login